• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Compacting technologies

edeba

Seeing how it has been said that there are no plans to release more land, how about putting some compacting technologies into the tech tree.

The Main Hall can be 6x6.
The Dark Maze could be shrunk to 75% of the current size and be a 4x5 or a 5x5 instead of a 5x6. Just give it a bit of plaza around it so it doesn't overwhelm everything around like it does now. It is a monster in size compared to everything else. Heck, even if this idea is rejected, the maze would fit better graphically if it was shrunk to 85-90% of its current size and just fill any extra surrounding space with plaza.
I think there could be techs to shrink the footprint of most wonders...

DeletedUser188

This is no different than rotating buildings
They have repeatedly stated that there will be no rotating of buildings
The current grid is 132 expansions including the ones you start with
If a player cant fit everything they want in that much space they just want to much they don't need it
Part of the challenge of this game is fitting everything into the space you can afford to have
What you are suggesting is a different type of game
The devs cant even release a building with the correct description
Do you honestly think they would be able to implement this without screwing up a different part of the code ?
I dont

DeletedUser2870

Its been mentioned before, but I would prefer another solution instead.
With the next chapter (or the one after that) make some buildings only give a slight increase in output, but reduce them in size when upgrading. It happened with the residences in the dwarven chapter, going from 9 squares to 8, with only minimal increase in pop.
So do the same next time for the factories and/or workshops and/or residences. Increase the output only by minimal amounts but reduce the size. It would make new expansions a lot less urgent/needed

edeba

That is nonsense. What I am suggesting is from the next guest race on is to have right in the tech tree a research which would make some of the wonders a bit smaller. Last tech for the main hall for elves increased the size of main hall, so why not go smaller? Actually, last upgrade for main hall was annoying, they had the same rate of increase for an upgrade, but 17% bigger building and no extra capacity for that extra 17% in size.

This is no different than rotating buildings
They have repeatedly stated that there will be no rotating of buildings
The current grid is 132 expansions including the ones you start with
If a player cant fit everything they want in that much space they just want to much they don't need it
Part of the challenge of this game is fitting everything into the space you can afford to have
What you are suggesting is a different type of game
The devs cant even release a building with the correct description
Do you honestly think they would be able to implement this without screwing up a different part of the code ?
I dont

Same idea... I was just suggesting it for wonders as they one building only.

Its been mentioned before, but I would prefer another solution instead.
With the next chapter (or the one after that) make some buildings only give a slight increase in output, but reduce them in size when upgrading. It happened with the residences in the dwarven chapter, going from 9 squares to 8, with only minimal increase in pop.
So do the same next time for the factories and/or workshops and/or residences. Increase the output only by minimal amounts but reduce the size. It would make new expansions a lot less urgent/needed

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Even assuming you're right, which is not at all apparent since edeba responded after quoting Andrew's post as well as before (i.e. It requires assuming that there is exactly one person top-posting on the entire forum.), it's still not nonsense.

DeletedUser2870

*LOL*
I don't much care whether it was directed at me or not. I don't think so, but even if it was, fine.

I would just prefer the regular buildings to be adapted and not the AW's.
First, there are many more regular buildings than AWs in most cities, so the effect would be far greater.
Secondly, right now the AW's are the only ones that do not change size. Lets just leave them alone, even if it's because they all have different sizes so for every one there would need to be some kind of reformatting, which is going to be a real pain in the ass, both in placing them somewhere and in programming.