• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Competitive Fellowship Applicants

Thistleknot

This is mainly me just blowing off steam, but I wanted to see if others have seen this lately. Here's the situation:

I have recently become the recruiter for my fellowship. In the description for my fellowship, we ask that any applicants email me as a friendly hello and a check to make sure that they are willing to abide by our few simple rules. I keep getting emails from people stating that they are interested in joining the fellowship only to find out that these people are now in fellowships.

Apparently people are sending out multiple emails to various fellowships at the same time and first one gets the new member. I find this very frustrating from the stand point that I rarely have a chance to see the email before they are already in another fellowship. And I am talking about mere hours. I'm on quite a bit, but I not looking for emails every minute of the day. I would think that as a courtesy you would give someone at least 24 hours to respond before moving on.

I know that fellowships are looking for new members. Forty percent of the top 50 fellowships are not full. But I did not realize that competitive applications was a thing. Very disappointing.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
People who send multiple applications have obviously done no research into the fs.
If they aren't serious about wanting to be a part of your group, be glad they went elsewhere.

SimplyNoble

OTOH perhaps they are on a fellowship but looking for an upgrade or just a change.Only way to find out is to respond to their email pr application.

We had a member a while back that I am pretty sure had been applying to outside fellowships for a while. She was getting frustrated with our group's more relaxed style and needed a better fit. Seems like she found what she was looking for and we have been on good terms with her new FS in trade relations.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I have recently become the recruiter for my fellowship.
How are you even supposed to recruit in this game? There are virtually no tools given to you.
  • According to a forum mod, less than 0.2% of players visit the forums, so my signature and the "FS seeking players" threads are...less than awesome.
  • Combing through the rankings and messaging players that don't have a FS likely means you are sending mail to abandoned cities 90% of the time.
  • There's no global chat
What does that leave? Having a decent overview page can help a bit, but even that is very limited. Let me guess, "4 visits a week, fair trades and no drama"? :rolleyes:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Not to negate your point (since there really is a lack of tools in the game) but I had 4 invitations waiting for me when I came back the other day, including three of which had sent me PMs about why I should consider them.
But did you get my pre-emptive rejection email?:eek: j/k make that 5 invites;)

DeletedUser2824

How are you even supposed to recruit in this game? There are virtually no tools given to you.

Tell me about it. The only time I seem to able to garner recruits on Winy is when they come looking for me. Aren isn't as bad, but the tools are still lacking.

The Unbeliever

As someone who has applied to multiple FS's as the same time, I do so simply because, it can take forever for FS to even get back with a response...
I don't want to be sat a week plus with no fellowship. Yet I've gone 3-4+ days without a response, meaning that i'll thus feel the need to put feelers out to other groups, just to get a response.

Honestly, I wish there were an in-game global chat, and also, the ability for fellowships to set up 'auto-join'...
At least that way, I can maintain FS bonuses while searching for a good fit.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
As someone who has applied to multiple FS's as the same time, I do so simply because, it can take forever for FS to even get back with a response...
I don't want to be sat a week plus with no fellowship. Yet I've gone 3-4+ days without a response, meaning that i'll thus feel the need to put feelers out to other groups, just to get a response.

Do you send a message or just apply?
I've been through a few fs on different worlds and I've never had to wait long.
But I always send the AM a message when I apply.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
There has been a "bug" of late where people when accepted to a fellowship still have their other applications showing. It was always happening that people could apply to a number of fellowships but when they were accepted previously the other applications dropped out. So it is more visible currently that this is happening

OTOH perhaps they are on a fellowship but looking for an upgrade or just a change.Only way to find out is to respond to their email pr application.

You cannot apply to a fellowship if you are in one. I find the best approach if I am in a fellowship but looking is to email several prospective options. This covers the issue of some slow response times, allows me to compare prospective fellowships and ensure I retain the benefit of a fellowship while I look. I can than organise with the new fellowship so I minimize the time without a fellowship, plus sneak in extra visits if I desire.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
You cannot apply to a fellowship if you are in one. I find the best approach if I am in a fellowship but looking is to email several prospective options. This covers the issue of some slow response times, allows me to compare prospective fellowships and ensure I retain the benefit of a fellowship while I look. I can than organise with the new fellowship so I minimize the time without a fellowship, plus sneak in extra visits if I desire.

And
If you have an understanding Mage or AM in the current fs, you can have them boot you to avoid the 24 hour wait to join the new one.