• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Complete 18 Provinces for expansion?

SunsetDanar

Just completed a province for an event quest and the tool tip said I needed 17 more for my next expansion. Obviously a bug...right?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
libsetffs.png

SunsetDanar

Thanks Soggy. Didn't even think to look at that. I've been out of expansions for so long in my other world that I didn't remember the requirement. Sure doesn't seem like it was this much though.

Little Miss Pnut

Are you sure there is not a bug in the the amount of provinces required for an expansion slot? I seem to think there is. I have currently earned 50 province expansion slots working toward province expansion slot # 51. I got a message that 18 provinces are needed to earn province expansion slot number 51. I am in chapter 13 and have purchased all the premium slots and have 8 city expansions currently available in the tech tree. There are 21 slots left in my city——> 8 city expansions slots and 13 province expansion slots = 21 slots available in city. The wiki states that to earn province expansion slot #51 that only 10 provinces are needed yet the game is making me open 18. Thus, there is a bug unless the wiki is wrong.
I am disappointment in the mis-information or bug, whichever it maybe. Now my strategy is not working for me.

SoggyShorts

@Little Miss Pnut
You have 148 expansions now, and if there are 8 more in the expansion tree then you are not on expansion #51 of the world map, you're on #61

expansions.png

from the wiki

6 to Start with
51 from tech tree
39 from diamonds
63 from world map
----
159 max total expansions

you have 148 now (link) + 8 more from tree = 156, so there's only 3 more left to be won from the world map.

Edit: I must say, if Elvenstats is right and you started playing 3 months ago I'm a little shocked that you are in chapter 12 already.
Most impressive.

Last edited:

Little Miss Pnut

Soggy,

I am still confused. The slots available on my city map are still not adding up logically for me. I have 21 slots left on my city map. As noted, I have purchased all premium expansions.

There are 8 city slots left in my tech tree. And, I have 21 slots left in city my map. Therefore, 21-8 = 13 slots which are province slots? 63 slots- 13 slots = 50. Thus, calculations indicate that I should be working on province slot 51. Otherwise, the only other explanation is that each player has 10 extra city slots on their maps. So NOW my question is how many slots our on my city map 160 or 170?

Thanks.

SoggyShorts

The slots available on my city map are still not adding up logically for me.... the only other explanation is that each player has 10 extra city slots on their maps.
Yup, you got it. You don't get to fill every possible square on your city map, they aren't all available yet.

Every few chapters the developers add another "row" or "column" to your city where you can eventually expand to. They do not however make all of those available for purchase at the same time. This allows for growth with chapter releases.

E.G. the grid now is 13x13 for 169 open expansions, but only 159 are possible to earn/buy.
When chapter 18 is released they will add 1 or 2 more in the tech tree, 1 or 2 more with diamonds, and possibly another from the world map.
Same for chapter 19.
I suspect that at 20 all 169 will be available, and then the developers will add another row for 13 more expansions that will be released with chapters 21 through 24

Little Miss Pnut

Thanks for the information. I was doing calculations based on the amount of slots that I visual can see left in my city map
because there was not enough info for me to figure out how many province slots remain for me to unlock.