• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Completely Optional Military

DeletedUser4778

UPDATE: It's not just one but two mandatory techs. :eek: I finished Cerberus Promotion but now I have to research Advanced Training Grounds. I really wish this had happened after I'd researched Granite Mine. Inno's timing and mine just don't jive.

DeletedUser2870

And with the next update the 3 ones introduced now will become mandatory as well
trainingground orcstyle - 57kp
orc warrior - 50 kp
cerberuspromotion - 55kp

I'm going to try to finish the woodelf main hall first though. Especially since I don't have any use for the first 2 and only a very limited use for the last one in the tournaments (maybe).

DeletedUser4778

I'm not in orcs yet so I'm safe from that for now but Cerberus Promotion is already mandatory for me. Sigh. Would have been more tolerable if I had already been hauling granite and dwarven marble.

DeletedUser4865

For an Elf, Cerberus Promotion is just plain stupid. Why am I forced to promote a thing I don't even control. Thanks for wasting my KP. This is just one more reason why I refuse to ever buy a single Diamond.

Darn! I posted the above before Ashrem educated me about the Training Grounds. SoggyShorts, I hope that answers your question too. Now I only wish the knowledge tree was built in a manner that certain branches remained inactive depending on your building choices. That might at least offer a visual clue about the consequences of what you build. Sorry for the rant.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6335

I agree, much of the stuff said is opposite from what you need to do, they seem very...contradictory and counter-intuitive. When I was first starting out I figured since I *had* the other goods factories on my Tech Tree I had to spend KP/coin/goods to research it, therefor I should build them. When I saw quests were able to be declined but then was warned about doing just that - and then saw here where folks had gotten stuck due to quest stuff - I was like "Huh?". Then toss in the quests telling you to do things that "push" you in ways that you don't need to be "pushed" (I'm looking at you, you stupid Scout/Finish Provinces quests...). The big one was the "Choose to grow your Army or Negotiate" - made it sound like I could pick a path and be okay - *NOT*. They really do need to get it together and make things a bit "smoother" and not have so much room to "mess up" and not find out you've messed up until much later.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm guessing you (like Me) haven't built the "Training Grounds" under your military buildings tab. that allows you to train Cerberus in your queue in addition to the other troops.

DeletedUser4865

I'm guessing you (like Me) haven't built the "Training Grounds" under your military buildings tab. that allows you to train Cerberus in your queue in addition to the other troops.
Good Guess, Ashrem! You are correct. And I am now slightly less ignorant! Thank you.