• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forum Comprehensive Idea and Suggestion Listing - Pinned

• Thread starter Deleted User - 849120185
  • Start date

Deleted User - 849120185

I have a lot of idea to "fix" Elvenar (for me). It would be nice if there could be a pinned List, covering all of the valid ideas presented in this forum. In a more formalized forum for an application it is maintained as a "top 10" fan based voted list that received a LOT of consideration by the Application developer (Autodesk).

I propose this forum with InnoGames support develop a LISTING of all ideas Proposed, Adopted, Disapproved, Pending, and Under Consideration with pointers to accumulated forum comments. It would require moderators to categorize and assign ideas as they are posted. How to deal with language versions is beyond me and would likely need InnoGame oversite and necessary participation.

I make this suggestion based on the difficulty in tracking down ideas and their status. The recent posting on Gifting is a sample, a subject that appears to be much discussed but constantly recurring.

NightshadeCS

If you click on one of the tags (such as "Forwarded") in the Forum, it will filter all of the threads with that tag.

I could see maybe pinning some of the most recent successful implementations for a time period, so that everyone is aware of those and doesn't duplicate that suggestion.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Would love to see an ancient wonder reduce scout time. 50hrs now for me, would love an ancient wonder in the next chapter to reduce this for us.
2% reduction in time for each level, 4% for relic levels, like other ancient wonders. 2% would only reduce it one hour (for me at present), but would help over time as scouts are further away, and ancient wonder levels progress.

Yogi Dave

If you click on one of the tags (such as "Forwarded") in the Forum, it will filter all of the threads with that tag.
Wow. Thanks. I did not know that. However, what if the tag you really want to see isn't visible?
It would require moderators to categorize and assign ideas as they are posted.
I make this suggestion based on the difficulty in tracking down ideas and their status. The recent posting on Gifting is a sample, a subject that appears to be much discussed but constantly recurring.
To me this sounds like having a set of tags assigned to each thread. The tags list would need to be accessible at the top of the forum to allow selection of one. This might not be possible depending on the underlying nature of the forum engine. A couple other considerations is the burden it puts on the moderators, especially since some ideas are not well formed and would be discarded without much comment. Plus others evolve over time which might be better with more tags added.

One of my post seemed to be both about battle and interface - Method to improve troop selection for auto-fight. I chose to use battle. It would have been good if it had both tags. It's also the only idea now tagged as "Considering" which makes it hard to find. It's on the last page of ideas. In fact, since the topics are sorted by date of the last added post, all but one on the last page were forwarded to the developers. Post to a forwarded thread dies down pretty quickly until a response comes from the developers. Then there is another short set of posts to it.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
My user interface thread, to have the research button take you directly to research needed, was well received by the people who saw it but disappeared into oblivion without most ever seeing it. I think most suggestions go the way of the dinosaur too quickly, so I would support this idea.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Would love to see an ancient wonder reduce scout time. 50hrs now for me, would love an ancient wonder in the next chapter to reduce this for us.
2% reduction in time for each level, 4% for relic levels, like other ancient wonders. 2% would only reduce it one hour (for me at present), but would help over time as scouts are further away, and ancient wonder levels progress.
Ooh, great idea!

Yogi Dave

How to deal with language versions is beyond me and would likely need InnoGame oversite and necessary participation.
Forums don't cross-link. Since this is the English forum, language isn't a problem.
This seems like a totally unrelated topic to this thread. I should have it's own idea and suggestions thread if you wish to start one.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Sorry if I misunderstood. Thread title is "Comprehensive Idea and Suggestion listing". I interpreted it as a single thread to compile ideas or suggestions in, which my post was about.

NightshadeCS

Sorry if I misunderstood. Thread title is "Comprehensive Idea and Suggestion listing". I interpreted it as a single thread to compile ideas or suggestions in, which my post was about.
Yes, the title definitely could cause that confusion.

This thread is proposing a specific mechanic to be used in the Ideas and Suggestions sub-forum regarding pinning certain messages to the top. Other suggestions not related to discussing the pros and cons of this suggestion should have their own thread.

Read the sub-forum guide here.

Yogi Dave

orry if I misunderstood. Thread title is "Comprehensive Idea and Suggestion listing". I interpreted it as a single thread to compile ideas or suggestions in, which my post was about.
No problem. Easy to do. I hope my comment wasn't taken badly. It's great to see new people joining in the forum. Keep on posting.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Unfortunately, as amazing as this idea maybe, I will not be taking it forward. There are a lot of effort I put into cleaning up this section of the forum, messaging people back and forth on making their ideas presentable, forwarding said ideas, and stalking the developers through various channels to make sure I get appropriate feedback to you guys.

I will not be adding another item onto that list, something as extensive as this when you can simply click on a tag and it will take you to a list of ideas under that category. Not to mention, you can search the forum. The only thing I pin is this: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/ideas-and-suggestion-forum-guide.22171/post-170980 , ideas that are a flat NO based on the feedback received.

What I AM open to though, is having a Well-Known Member take on this task. I will happily work with them to set up the initial set up, and pin it in regard :)

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
@Xelenia Even though some people would still not read it and post anyway, how about something that is just titled "Rejected Ideas and Suggestions"?

Rejected Ideas can simply be interpreted as Archive. Are you suggesting to change the name of this subheading?https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/archive-ideas-and-suggestions.89/

It would have been good if it had both tags. It's also the only idea now tagged as "Considering" which makes it hard to find.
This is also why I tend to leave those posts as is, so if anyone care to go to the last page of the section, they will find it. Why I also make effort to clean the section as much as possible. You do bring up an issue, though not very solvable with the underlining coding of the forum. I will revisit "considering" vs "planned".

Thanks!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Rejected Ideas can simply be interpreted as Archive. Are you suggesting to change the name of this subheading?https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/archive-ideas-and-suggestions.89/

If we do not have a pinned thread here that has that as a title, then changing that sub-forum to say Rejected might help. But then people would still have to sort through all those threads. Unfortunately, we have to remember that people hate to have to search and read first before making a new thread. I have seen here and on other forums where someone will start a thread on a topic that is exactly the same as another thread maybe halfway down the first page of threads. lol

But I don't think we really need a comprehensive list of everything either you or the devs have rejected, rather just a pinned thread that includes the rejected ideas you included in the forum guide thread, plus whatever other major ones come up. I doubt it would contain more than 10-12 rejected suggestions, the ones that always come up.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
But I don't think we really need a comprehensive list of everything either you or the devs have rejected, rather just a pinned thread that includes the rejected ideas you included in the forum guide thread, plus whatever other major ones come up. I doubt it would contain more than 10-12 rejected suggestions, the ones that always come up.

The only problem with that is I reject many...many things on a daily basis that holds no merit whatsoever. What I will counter suggest to that is...perhaps someone should begin a discussion and help populate a list of ideas that have been rejected on a constant basis between here and the beta server...User Edition. As you have stated though, people will keep posting the same thing over and over regardless. Human nature is very simple: act first, investigate later. Furthermore, as human beings, we are very lazy. Reading what has been rejected will require additional work than simply logging on, vent/rant, and disguise it as a suggestion and log off.

What you have stated is technical, what I have already. I am not opposed to having the hard NO pinned Truth be told, even I am not fully sure what is a hard no. The ones I have in the thread linked above are ideas that I can say 100% are rejected based on direct communication or it was stated in an Inno video and do not have any chance of implementation in the upcoming near future.

P.S: I like the idea of changing "Archive Ideas and Suggestions" to "Rejected Ideas and Suggestions".