• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Condense the spire from 48 to 12 encounters.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I've been thinking that it might be reasonable to cut down the number of spire encounters needed, as was done with the tournament encounters (from 8 to 4 to the 1 we have currently).

The costs and rewards could all stay relatively the same, just condensed. That might also take the sting out of getting a "bad" reward, since you'd get 4 at a time.

Moho

Chef
I am sorry but I can't support this initiative. "Condensation" of rewards boils down to reducing their number, and I find that inconvenient.

Another unfavorable consequence of cutting down the number of encounters is that there will be fewer choices to pick from when event quests demand players to solve encounters. I mainly play this game for events and the Spire. It would affect my game negatively.

Last but least, players will be able to obtain fewer artifacts in the Spire. I have managed to upgrade many buildings to level 10 with the help of the Spire. Chests that pop up at the end of encounters have played an important role (especially purple ones). The fewer encounters, the fewer opportunities to get these random rewards. It would definitely be a drawback.

Players already nurture the feeling that various aspects of the game have been nerfed. I think the change mentioned in the OP would lead to further nerfization. Downsizing the Spire would come as a terrible blow to my game and if it happens chances are I will soon leave Elvenar.

SoggyShorts

players will be able to obtain fewer artifacts in the Spire.
Same chance. Perhaps I was unclear when I used the word condensed.
If the encounters are reduced from 4 to 1, the rewards are increased from 1 to 4.

E.g.
When you complete the first condensed encounter, you get ALL of the prizes from encounters 1-4 in the old tower.
So in the end you get the exact same prizes as before.

Same for chest chances, 4x the odds to make up for having 1/4 of the odds.
On balance: the same as before.

As for choice in events, same deal:
"Complete 12 tournament encounters OR 3 spire encounters"
instead of "12 OR 12"

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I really can't comment on this completely as I like to address it in response to the "proper form." As the pros and cons are not clearly listed, it's hard to tell.

On the general idea of "condensing" anything if you do that you get fewer "eyeball hours" simply because if it takes a shorter amount of time to do. And while more people may do they aren't here as long so too much condensing may end up with fewer eyeball hours over all. I suspect such condensations are only considered if the amount of time needed to do the thing is so great players do them a lot less. For instance, even if you "autofought" the tournament before the changes, it still took a long time. Now it takes a reasonable amount of time (to me) and probably, overall, keeps people playing longer. It's a balance between tedium and progress. Too much tedium and progress slows and grinds to a halt, cities abandoned and players move on. Progress going too quickly moves too many players to the end of the game too quickly where they sit, waiting, for something, anything, that might be a challenge to them. Too long a wait and they move on to another game somewhere.

Since, in my sense is that the Spire doesn't take too long and can be done very quickly if desired, I doubt there would be much pro in condensing it....but as I said, I'll wait for the proper list to come out and probably be surprised at the pros and cons. Then I can truly weigh in.

AJ

SoggyShorts

Only this will not happen. One cannot remain optimistic or trustful after witnessing the various "adjustments" brought to the game. I can only expect that the Spire and the game as a whole will get nerfed.
It worked out pretty well when I asked the devs to drop from 8 to 4 tournament encounters and again from 4 to 1.
Imagine doing 8x as much tournament now o_O
Downsizing the Spire would come as a terrible blow to my game and if it happens chances are I will soon leave Elvenar
But I don't panic. After all, I'm not supposed to play Elvenar for ever, am I.
I'm on the other side. Burnt out from 48 spire encounters every single week. Gonna drop one of 2 cities mostly because of this. will probably drop the second in a month or so.
One cannot remain optimistic or trustful after witnessing the various "adjustments" brought to the game.
I get that, but just as the tournament and even the FA were improved this could be too.
The whole "it's not totally broken so don't touch it, just in case they ruin it" leaves the game static, which would be fine if it was a perfect game, but it's not. I need a game that evolves once in a while, or I'm out. To that end they're adding more stuff like constant events and seasons etc which is great, but I don't need to do so much repeat clickfest-- and after years of the spire doing less of it (but still doing it all) would be welcome. I simply don't get any more joy out of doing 48 than I would doing a dozen.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Interesting as we get a lot of requests to extend the Spire as players would like to see more levels appear than we currently have to increase rewards and give extra play time.
More rewards? Of course. More challenge? Sure. More clickfest? I doubt it.

I'd like to know if those requesting more spire would rather have
3 more encounters plus a fourth boss​
or​
15 more encounters plus a fourth boss​

IF, (and this is important) the rewards/costs were the same in either scenario.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm one of those who would like more Spire levels; it's one of the things I most enjoy playing as well as the tournaments. I'm not opposed to having the Spire mirror the tournaments. After all, taking the tournaments from 8 encounters per province/star to 1 encounter per province/star did not cause there to be less tourney available for those who wanted more rewards/play time. I don't see where this suggestion precludes the introduction of more Spire levels/rewards/play time.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I play 5 cities just to play the spire game more.
6 tents to 6 stars in tourney is 36 encounters. A lot of players do significantly more and there is no hard limit. 48 is the maximum number of spire encounters available each week. A lot of players do fewer than 48. There are many happy bronze and silver FS.

hvariidh gwendrot

seems like there would be less chance for rewards chests, and possibly harder for smaller players to fight or afford, but if they can figure out how to make it equal to the use of troops and/or negotiate to the rewards then it's equal, and i agree with Sami, nothing says they can't do both and add an extra bonus level and condense the fights/negotiate to rewards .. and i still think they should cut back on spell fragments and add something more useful like the pet food

Genefer

Can the cost of 4 encounters condensed into 1 encounter be met?

Can anyone field enough troops to counter 2, 3, 4 or 5 waves for the encounter?

Would a caterer's coin & supply capacity be able to complete the 3 offers in the negotiation? you can't leave the encounter to collect more coins & supplies.

Though I cannot see how this could work without reworking squad size and coin & supply capacity; I am curious of the objective you are trying to achieve with this change?

SoggyShorts

I for one would love to play two Spires a week.

Requests have been for more entire levels

I'm one of those who would like more Spire levels;

I play 5 cities just to play the spire game more.
Alrighty then, just me who's burnt out. Maybe having a Mastermind travel edition for road trips as a kid is why I don't see the appeal after years of the same thing now.
/shrug

SoggyShorts

Can anyone field enough troops to counter 2, 3, 4 or 5 waves for the encounter?
For fighters, there'd be no change in difficulty: bringing 5,000 units every fight 4x or bringing 20,000 once is the same thing.
Still the same number of waves, just one big fight instead of four.
Would a caterer's coin & supply capacity be able to complete the 3 offers in the negotiation? you can't leave the encounter to collect more coins & supplies.
This could be an issue, as each guess would cost 4x as much.
I am curious of the objective you are trying to achieve with this change?
Fewer clicks. Less repetition.

SoggyShorts

Assuming the player has 40,000 troops to field - do they have 40,000 troops to lose on a single encounter?
So worst case scenario, instead of being able to do 1 more encounter, they couldn't?
I don't see it being a big issue.

Think of the reverse:
If the spire had 192 encounters (quadruple) with all rewards quartered, and all costs as well:
The result? In some very niche situations you could do an extra encounter before running out of troops/goods because the cost is split.

Not a big deal IMO.

Genefer

No, what if they attempt the encounter and their troop supply is too depleted for a second attempt? Or, after success in 2 attempts they do not have enough troops for the next chest... It matters because in separate encounters you would use a wider variety of troop type depending on the encounter conditions. It has been a while since I fought in the Spire, but if I recall correctly, my troop choices are set but the enemy troop types can change per wave. Is that right? If so, the difference is rather than using - 2, 3, 4, or 5 of the 15 troops options in one encounter - 4 encounters allow the use of greater variety depending on the encounter conditions of 4 separate scenarios.

I would not want to wipeout my mages and frogs in a failed encounter preventing from attempting the next chest - or far worse limiting the amount of tournament encounters for the week.