• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Condense the spire from 48 to 12 encounters.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm certainly gonna point out how any suggestion gets
twisted by Inno, in order to continue the 2 steps fwd...
and 5 steps back.....
As I said, if you are going to view all suggestions through that lens, don't bother reading them.
Just pop-in, copy & paste the above quote, vote no on everything, and save yourself time.

Yogi Dave

Perhaps condescending, I can see how it came off that way, but I was caught off guard seeing players who have completed 8,000 - 32,000 (or even more) spire encounters wanting to do more of the same every week.
I realized my using the word 'condescending' was too strong and somewhat incorrect. I realize you were frustrated at the strength of people not liking the idea.
I appreciate your effort, and there was a time I would have contributed more, but I find myself less interested in Sisyphean tasks these days
LOL. I certainly understand this concept. You have contributed a lot of ideas to the forum and many of them have occurred - eventually. Sometimes not as intended, but that's on Inno and we can't not suggest things based on what they do. Of course, more of your ideas have not been implemented than have, but that's the nature of the beast. I have my pet one about a simple graphic to show what the arena looks like for mobile that continues to go nowhere. Well, maybe next year to quote a song. At least we have the clowns.
players are constantly complaining that they are overwhelmed with events, FAs, spire, tournament, the cauldron, seasons quests and guest races, so there's not really room for another feature unless some of the others get streamlined a little, eh?
Good reason for presenting the idea. There certainly is a feeling by many of feature overload.

hoopity

I hated this idea when I first read it. But the more I think about it, the more I'm coming around. A game like Elvenar requires constant and consistent expansion to stay relevant with new and existing players. This means new mechanics, new interactions between players, new ideas of all sorts. But periodic pruning is required to help encourage new growth. I don't think the game desperately needs the spire to be condensed with the same urgency that the old tournament needed condensing so many years ago. But if I thought that the current game designers were motivated to expand the game in a new, chunky, and engaging way (i.e. not something light like the cauldron or seasons), then I would be down with shortened spire.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'd vote for decreasing the number of Spire encounters. Yes, I like the Spire and personally would like it if there were 2 Spires/wk, lol! But what I really like are Gold Spire FS rewards.
What I don't like? Trying to find 20+ other people who also want to do 48 encounters week in and week out. I doubt the introduction of bonus chests in the tourney would have worked if it was still the 8 encounters per province star. So, 96 Spire encounters/wk is definitely not the best way for the game to go, imo! I get aggravated enough with players who join a Gold FS apparently just to whine about how hard it is and give a plethora of excuses for not being able to do it. I can't imagine the uproar if it took 96 encounters, even if they scaled the resource requirements per encounter down making it the same as for 48 encounters. There certainly wouldn't be as many Gold FS's, lol!

quin629

And yet the # of Gold Spire FSs on all worlds does continue to slowly grow.

Sorry, Soggy. Almost never had anyone around to play Mastermind with and my folks did not spring for an electronic or computerized edition. I'm still compensating for it by loving my Spire play. All negotiation, all the time. Save my fighters for the tournament rounds.

BrinDarby

How many of us have experienced a bad run of the RNG ??
Statistically. the bigger the sample size, the less the varience.
Therefore a better chance of getting an ok prize some of the
time, including Boss's....

There's NO way in heck, for Inno to give us the same possibilities
for rewards, independantly randomized as we have now, with
only 1/4 of the encounters...... This suggestion is begging Inno to
further Nerf the Spire...... and allow more bad RNG runs.....

The Cauldron takes 2 min/week.
Seasons takes NO time really.
Events are basically structured asks for manufacturing ( maint. )
All that leaves us is Tourn/Spire....... I'm sorry Inno allows ppl to
play more than 1 world, but if thats "you" then "you" made the
choice to do 2x the work.

Don't make this a more "watch-the-paint-dry" game ......
Long live 48 encounters ( or more ) in Spire.

SoggyShorts

Statistically. the bigger the sample size, the less the varience.
There's NO way in heck, for Inno to give us the same possibilities
for rewards, independantly randomized as we have now, with
only 1/4 of the encounters
Absolutely false, it doesn't need to change, you're making that up.
It does NOT have to change to one big chest with a 40% chance of [thing]
There's no reason why you couldn't have 4x10% rolls just like now.

The "map" could even stay exactly the same, just let us click the gate boss to skip his guards and killing him grants access to all 3 of his guards' chests as well as his.
Don't make this a more "watch-the-paint-dry" game ......
Exactly. Fewer clicks in the spire, more room for new and interesting game play.

SoggyShorts

She was not looking at all waves
Yeah I'm using a fire phoenix, a DA, and 2 ELR. I never check the second (or third waves) unless I wipe which happens 2-3 times per spire.
5 stacks of one kind for 90% of fights.
Takes 10m of furious clicking per server.
The thing is, doing it that way? Not fun. Neat to pull it off the first few times, but after years it's pretty lame.
I will message you the link... Trying to find the rules about posting outside links
There are no rules against posting outside links here. go for it

Cabernay

Yeah I'm using a fire phoenix, a DA, and 2 ELR. I never check the second (or third waves) unless I wipe which happens 2-3 times per spire.
5 stacks of one kind for 90% of fights.
Takes 10m of furious clicking per server.
The thing is, doing it that way? Not fun. Neat to pull it off the first few times, but after years it's pretty lame.

I will take the extra 2-3 seconds and check all waves. Losing once is a huge loss of troops I am not willing to take when I can avoid by taking a few seconds to look

Yogi Dave

Thanks @Cabernay. Your and @SoggyShorts' brains can check what are the best troops to auto-fight with much quicker than my brain will let me do. I'm sure that is the case with many, if not most people. Plus, I like doing a lot of manual fights in the spire since there are fewer battles than I do in the tourneys. Also, I like the multi-wave battles. I only run 1 city, so can take the extra time.
You want the number of spire encounters reduced because it takes you 10 minutes a week? Ok. :cool:
I think he's advocating for more than himself. He mentioned how people feel burnout from so many events, FAs, etc. He also mentioned Inno being able to add more stuff if time is saved. And last, that it's not fun running through it like that. And last again, he runs more that 1 city.

However, what you wrote does sound funny.

SoggyShorts

You want the number of spire encounters reduced because it takes you 10 minutes a week? Ok. :cool:
Hehehe.
As Yogi mentioned, it's not just for me, it's to make room for more, different features, and for other players to reduce burnout.

Also, it's actually the reverse for cause and effect:
I do the spire in 10 minutes (by using an unsustainable amount of resources) because I want it reduced.

The number of clicks is the big thing-- I've found a way to do them really quick with my brain on autopilot, but that doesn't reduce them by much at all.

BrinDarby

Absolutely false
Its proven by simple poker stats..... sample size
does affect variance........

Soggy, they can't even give us Trade filters.....
They will not program that in.......

Here's a great example...
My local water board changed it from every 3
months ( payment ) to every month, claiming it
helped thier customers..... but those who for years
set up thier finances to pay every 3 months won't
be able to pay those 1st 2 payments...

If they cared about thier customers, rather than
just giving them 8 xtra chances to impose late fees
per year, couldda allowed either depending on
what works better for thier customers... but Noooooo

Soggy if you want to skip crap, then ask for a simple
change, so you can do just the gate encounters, and
you can just get those rewards for that. Everyone else
can just do it as it is now and get 4 rewards..... But thats
not what you're asking for, and the amount of coding
necessary won't happen , if they can't even give us
simple trade filters.......

You're Bored and Burnt out, don't punish everyone else
just cause you've been here/done that for 7 years......

SoggyShorts

Its proven by simple poker stats..... sample size
does affect variance
And my point is that the sample size doesn't have to change.
Take a breath and actually read what I'm typing:

1. Skip the guards (optional)​
2. Fight just the gate boss​
3. Collect all chests from guards and gate boss

See? Same number of spins/chests/sample size :rolleyes:
You're Bored and Burnt out, don't punish everyone else
just cause you've been here/done that for 7 years
Spire hasn't been around for 7 years, and I didn't even play it for the first 13 months after it came out.
And again, as I've already stated, giving the option to reduce spire clicks leaves more room for new features, and can reduce burn out for all players who feel it.
Please don't punish other players because you are content to do the exact same thing on 4 baby cities for years on end;)

Last edited:

free-spirit

If you fight, the spire can be really quick, but if you cater, it takes an eternity. So I can see why reducing the number of encounters would be appealing. The problem is if you lose a round fighting, it's going to be really painful to lose so many troops. And some people have enough units or goods for 1 round but would never have enough to even start one where the required goods/troops are combined.