• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Condense the spire from 48 to 12 encounters.

BrinDarby

Let me try a different tact ....

Soggy, you know Inno doesn't do anything unless
there's something in it for them.... or by now we'd
have filters like both of us want in the trader, or a
sortable inventory, that also can be rank'd...... Simple
stuff that takes very little coding changes.....

Your idea, has nothing for Inno, and its a bit more
complicated to achieve than simple trading filters.
So please enlighten me, whats in it for Inno ??
( other than another way to Nerf the Spire, again )

If they give you as you said, everything you get now
just with less clicks, where is the incentive to spend
Dev time on this, ehhhhh ???

Comon Soggy, lets have a serious discussion, shall we ?

Alram

Flippers just flip
I've actually been thinking thar they should add a pit to the top of the spire. Each round would cost what a 3rd floor peasant chest costs, drop 1 point and a 1hr time booster. This would help FS that are still struggling for Gold. If they added an individual ranking board, people would pay real money to be #1.

Moho

Chef
i01.jpg

Sprite1313

I've actually been thinking thar they should add a pit to the top of the spire. Each round would cost what a 3rd floor peasant chest costs, drop 1 point and a 1hr time booster. This would help FS that are still struggling for Gold. If they added an individual ranking board, people would pay real money to be #1.
Please no, not another pit; the one in the FA is more than enough.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So please enlighten me, whats in it for Inno ?
Well, any player choosing to skip guards and attack a gate boss directly could face increased troop losses and a 100 diamond negotiating cost for extra rounds instead of 25 for example. There are a few ways to monetize the idea, not to worry.

Much more importantly: It's about the longevity of the game. I know you haven't run a gold spire FS, but it's brutal. Between our servers, we lose about 3 players per month:
  • Some go to a 19-chest FS
  • Some drop to a casual FS
  • Some leave completely
The first is the rarest, and not an issue for inno. The second and especially the third are pretty important and represent a loss of revenues.

So, "what's in it for inno?"
-Money.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

The problem is if you lose a round fighting, it's going to be really painful to lose so many troops. And some people have enough units or goods for 1 round but would never have enough to even start one where the required goods/troops are combined.
That's part of why the idea has shifted to a hybrid where you can play the spire normally if desired, but if you want a greater challenge(that's also faster) you can skip the guards and attack/cater the gate boss directly.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Here's what I would find interesting.

Add a bonus level, but no one can enter it until their FS has gotten gold.

If you put some decent boss prizes in there it could make it more interesting for the advanced players/FS's

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts ,
I suggest you be a politition ......
You have a gift for dodge'n a question, blatently....

You obviously have no real knowledge of politics
If Soggy was giving a political answer the conversation would go more like this

What is in it for Inno?
Soggy: The question we really should be asking is what is in it for the Elvenar community. I have played on several servers and eveywhere I go people say the same thing. "The game would be so much better if there were more opportunities for the common player." All the focus and rewards seem to be aimed at the top one percent. But we should be trying to help the regular folks. And that is what I intend to concentrate on.

SoggyShorts

I suggest you be a politition
Ok, lemme try again:

"What's in it for inno?"

Well, let me tell you, this is the greatest feature of all time. Trust me, I have the best features, no one has features like me. I had players come to me, tears in their eyes, nice players, big players and small ones too, not nice to everyone, but they were nice to me, and they said they want this feature. Inno is going to get so much out of it they're going to be sick of winning. Having to do 48 encounters per week is [MOD EDIT] SAD.

Better?
That doesn't answer the question, and even you know it.....
Seriously? I mean, it's kind of a silly question because the answer is the same for every single feature request ever made:
"Happy customers are good for the game"

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

What if the customer's never happy or is greedy or doesn't know what is good for her/him or has conflicting demands?
All you can do is try.

Also, which mod removed "fake news" from my post above? How can that possibly be against the forum rules, and who complained?

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
All you can do is try.

Also, which mod removed "fake news" from my post above? How can that possibly be against the forum rules, and who complained?

In our business, we overcharge customers that don't appreciate good deal and hope that they don't come back. I know it's harsh but they cost us more money than they make and that's not good business. They are fake news! :D
It's great that vast majority are fair so they get a good deal and keep coming back and don't cause much hassle.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
All you can do is try.

Not me. Maybe someone thought that fake news was technically incorrect since currently 48 provinces isn't fake news just dumb time-wasting? Anyway, editing Soggy's use of fake news should probably be fake news. Unless Soggy is mis-truthing and what they edited wasn't "fake news" in which case the complaint that they edited out "fake news is definitively fake news.

Sweetp

Ex-Team Member
Ok people, enough with the "fake news" And enough with the reports regarding it. The phrase can be interpreted obviously in many ways and some have taken offense, so it stops here.
@mucksterme you have the option to delete your post or I will, whether it be a joke or not, others don't see it as funny.
If this continues, the topic will be closed and that is not FAKE NEWS

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Ok people, enough with the "fake news" And enough with the reports regarding it. The phrase can be interpreted obviously in many ways and some have taken offense, so it stops here.
@mucksterme you have the option to delete your post or I will, whether it be a joke or not, others don't see it as funny.
If this continues, the topic will be closed and that is not FAKE NEWS

Some will take offense at a glass of water.
Personally I'm offended by over modding but I don't hit the 'report' button.
Even when a mod thinks they are being clever by using a phrase they claim is offensive and using it in a way to be provacative.

SoggyShorts

This place is starting to feel like the EN forum...
Let's hope not.
The phrase can be interpreted obviously in many ways and some have taken offense
That sounds like a them problem.
If something posted can be Interpreted multiple ways and THEY choose the way that offends them, it's not your nor our job to cater to such people.
Giving in to the "Karens" just makes the place worse, not better- it's totally BS.
NOTE: It has already been established here that the shorthand for Bovine Scatology, "BS" is NOT in and of itself offensive. If someone chooses to misinterpret it, that's on them.

Last edited: