• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Confirmation Button When Visiting

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I know this suggestion would not have worked in the days when you had to actually visit members to retrieve gifts, but now that that problem is eliminated, I suggest a confirmation button popup whenever you click on "visit" in the message center. I don't know how many times I have been running down the list, giving gifts, and I accidentally click on the button below or above it. That sends me (load load load load load) to that person's city. Then I have to go back home (load load load load load) and then I have to go back to my messages (click click click click) to get back to the exact page where I was to continue clicking for gifts. Considering I sometimes have 30 pages, that can be annoying, especially if I don't know which page I was on. If there were a popup confirmation button saying, "Visit this neighbor?" it would be 10x quicker to just click "no" and keep getting gifts.

Whatcha think?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Oh yes. I have misclicked loads of time too and groaned every time. I am not hopeful this gets fixed any time soon though considering how long it took to revamp the Neighbors tab to start with. Not saying I wouldn’t vote for it, but it’s gonna prob be so low priority for the devs. Also, dunno if they’d think visiting a neighbor is the original intention and therefore not the wrong intention that requires a confirmation.

Darielle

Oh yes. I have misclicked loads of time too and groaned every time. I am not hopeful this gets fixed any time soon though considering how long it took to revamp the Neighbors tab to start with. Not saying I wouldn’t vote for it, but it’s gonna prob be so low priority for the devs. Also, dunno if they’d think visiting a neighbor is the original intention and therefore not the wrong intention that requires a confirmation.
Thanks, Crackie. I don't hold out a lot of hope, but I do know it would be very useful to most players.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I too, of course, have done this. Who hasn't? The thing is, how much programming would it take to add a "Visit Confirmation?" After all, while I do, on occasion, make this mistake, it may not be worth spending programming time on win some other ideas might be more needed/wanted/useful. It really depends, for me, on if it's a difficult thing to do or not.

AJ

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
People still complain about there being too much clicking when doing visits, even though it is way less now, than before the last set of changes to visits, so I don't see enough support for this to pass the vote test. Maybe something in the settings that can be turned on and off, like the diamond-spending confirmation window, but we have proposed confirmation popups for other things before that would work like that, and every one of them has been shot down by the vote or by the devs.

Zoof

This advice only works with the PC/browser version of Elvenar. If you play only on the mobile app, feel free to disregard this.

---

The arrow keys can be used to navigate all those pages in... well. Any interface that has pages. I know it doesn't exactly solve the problem, but some of the work can be mitigated by double-tapping left/right. Other relevant hotkeys to help speed things up include "C" for returning to your city, "W" for going to the world map (if you use NH out there), and "N" (while in your city) to open your notifications. Also, "F" for opening the Fellowship tab.

---

Somewhat unrelated, but if you visit a city while you're on the world map, you can mash the "W" key to get back to the world map faster than the interface will load. That creates some... interesting graphical artifacts.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I know this suggestion would not have worked in the days when you had to actually visit members to retrieve gifts, but now that that problem is eliminated, I suggest a confirmation button popup whenever you click on "visit" in the message center. I don't know how many times I have been running down the list, giving gifts, and I accidentally click on the button below or above it. That sends me (load load load load load) to that person's city. Then I have to go back home (load load load load load) and then I have to go back to my messages (click click click click) to get back to the exact page where I was to continue clicking for gifts. Considering I sometimes have 30 pages, that can be annoying, especially if I don't know which page I was on. If there were a popup confirmation button saying, "Visit this neighbor?" it would be 10x quicker to just click "no" and keep getting gifts.

Whatcha think?

You know you don't have to go home to continue through notifications?

Personally I am against just about any of the " add a confirmation because I can't control my fingers" suggestions

Darielle

People still complain about there being too much clicking when doing visits, even though it is way less now, than before the last set of changes to visits, so I don't see enough support for this to pass the vote test. Maybe something in the settings that can be turned on and off, like the diamond-spending confirmation window, but we have proposed confirmation popups for other things before that would work like that, and every one of them has been shot down by the vote or by the devs.
If people complain about too much clicking, then it would seem to me that they would want this, because it cuts down on a lot of clicking getting back into your message center to retrieve gifts.

Darielle

You know you don't have to go home to continue through notifications?

Personally I am against just about any of the " add a confirmation because I can't control my fingers" suggestions
No ... I don't know this. If I am in the other person's city, how do I keep clicking gifts? Their message box doesn't take me to my messages. It takes me to open a message to them. And if you're saying just leave their city and go on the world map, then that's just as much trouble as going home. So I'm not sure what you mean.

defiantoneks

or, remove the switchover to visit altogether. helping hands available, or not available. period. if you want to visit you can go the long way around, not using the notifications.

Darielle

So you want to double the clicking for every help instead?
No, of course not. Only if you accidentally click the "visit" button rather than the "hands" for gifting would you ever get a popup. And how many people nowadays really want to go into a person's city anymore? I think it's rare.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
No ... I don't know this. If I am in the other person's city, how do I keep clicking gifts? Their message box doesn't take me to my messages. It takes me to open a message to them. And if you're saying just leave their city and go on the world map, then that's just as much trouble as going home. So I'm not sure what you mean.

I don't know why you keep talking about the message box. Do you seriously do your visits according to who sent you a message?
(btw you can check your messages while visiting another city)

I hope you mean the notification tab ( the little bell )
And you can click that when visiting and it shows your notifications.

Also, going on the world map can be useful. If you click on the 'neighbor' tab that they added to the province overview.
you can then visit every neighbor you have whether they've visited recently or not. and if you skip to the last couple pages you'll see your FS mates who aren't in your neighborhood

Darielle

I don't know why you keep talking about the message box. Do you seriously do your visits according to who sent you a message?
(btw you can check your messages while visiting another city)

I hope you mean the notification tab ( the little bell )
And you can click that when visiting and it shows your notifications.

Also, going on the world map can be useful. If you click on the 'neighbor' tab that they added to the province overview.
you can then visit every neighbor you have whether they've visited recently or not. and if you skip to the last couple pages you'll see your FS mates who aren't in your neighborhood
Yes I did mean the notifications tab ... Sorry to be unclear.

How do you check messages while visiting another city?

The world map and the neighbors tab is very useful, that's true. But the same problem occurs there. If you accidentally click on the button above or below a "hands," then you'll automatically go to their city. That's what I want to avoid. (And yeah, I COULD just remember not to accidentally click something in the first place, lol ... hence the "accidental" part. :) )

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
How do you check messages while visiting another city?
Ah that is very simple. You click on the mail window, which takes you into compose a mail to that player. But there is the inbox and outbox tabs present, so flip over to inbox, and voila, there is all your mail.

Back in the day I used this feature to double check which Wonder I was seeking in this particular city, that had finally loaded. Good times, thanks for the reminder Muck.

Darielle

Ah that is very simple. You click on the mail window, which takes you into compose a mail to that player. But there is the inbox and outbox tabs present, so flip over to inbox, and voila, there is all your mail.

Back in the day I used this feature to double check which Wonder I was seeking in this particular city, that had finally loaded. Good times, thanks for the reminder Muck.
Yeah, duh ... Sorry. I should have realized what I was saying. Thanks!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'd vote for this if it was an option. (checkbox: Require confirmation to visit other city} That makes it convenient for those who find the map loading tedious and convenient for those who like visiting neighbour cities.