• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Confused about culture / culture bonus

kctanzen

Yep .. I'm confused again .. seems to be a never ending happening with one thing or another around here!
Have tried doing many different formula / math solutions and can't seem to nail it down

Right now these are my numbers:

Total culture = 41269
Required = 14296
Available = 26973
Neighbor help bonus = 8460

I am making one assumption that required culture is how much my buildings take - if I drop negative, I cannot build or upgrade anything new.

So, available (26973) + bonus (8460, very fluid number as dependent on neighbor polishes) divided by total = potential Culture Bonus?

When I do the math, I come up with .. 0.8586 -- most rounding standards would make this .86, giving Culture Bonus of 186%

My understanding then .. is that if I used 3 of the culture spells, I could get my boost to 185%.

Without any neighbor polishes, I am coming up with a 165% CB, just from buildings, vast majority are event hybrids giving me population + culture and most of those also have some small supplies / goods / coin component too. I am very aware that many of these are from prior chapters are don't really maximize the space

All this to say .. I'm re-examining my city plan, thinking I can afford to dump some of the pure culture buildings, even though they may be a big single value. One of them is already earmarked for removal when I absolutely need the space for growth -- but I figure whey tear it out until I really need the squares.

Am I way off base with this line of thought?

HJK84

I'm not sure what your question is.

I will add, Culture or I should say, high Culture is a luxury. I've stated this in another thread. You don't NEED it, but it helps, lol

Required Culture; means the minimum amount you need to be at Culture Bonus 100% Which is the total of all the buildings that require Culture.
You need more and more Culture to go higher in the Culture Bonus, 125-150++ If you're seeking to go that route.

Using a EE scroll, gives +5% Culture, but only if that CBuilding is being Helped. When the Help runs out, so does the 5%, until the next Help. But the EE lasts for 2days.

I'm a tad lower than you, my base Culture is at 125%, sometimes I get to 150% with Help, but in any case, I'm always at full in Supply/Coin (for now)
Although, not everyone is as active as I am.

When advancing in Chapters, via unlocking Culture Buildings, you should replace the previous Chapter/Culture buildings you built, with the new ones.
Some Chapters don't unlock, a 1x1 building. You need to check the ratio of size and culture given, and decide if you replace 1 building, by tearing down 3 is worth it or not.
Same goes for your streets. Every time you unlock a new street, you should replace all.

Culture Bonus, is the cloud/sun Icon at top, next to Culture.
There, it states how much more Culture you need to get the next % boost. And how much you need for the current % you're at.

Hope this helps :confused:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Some notes, that may or may not matter to your plan:

• I'm fairly certain neighbor help doesn't work for required culture. Only your actually available culture (without help) will allow buildings
  • Culture bonus from spells does not add to your culture, unless the building it is on is polished. Putting the spell on unpolished buildings has no effect.
  • The culture bonus comes in breakpoints (where a bonus is applied). The first breakpoint is 125%, so having 120% culture is no different than having 100% or 50% (except with 50% you can't build or upgraded most buildings)

kctanzen

Ahh -- I didn't realize the spell only worked on polished buildings!

At least every other day, sometimes more often, I spend about 2/3 of my main hall capacity (when full) on the wholesaler to get some goods I am on the low side == lets me keep going with my steady collection process and fills in a few holes as needed or where trades aren't quite as busy as I might like. I even have a daily alarm set for 540 PM (Central US time) to check the wholesaler so I can get things just before the daily reset back to default prices.

I'm guessing that after 170% the breakpoints are every 5% -- I know I have had as high as 180% culture bonus when I was dinking around with the enhanced polish spell to try and learn about it.

It does sound like I am more than safe getting rid of at least my older culture only buildings when I absolutely need the space -- but it won't hurt keeping them around until I have to use the footprint for upgrades / new building sites.

Thanks for the information!

DeletedUser3507

Also place spells on your highest culture, I see people all the time placing them on things like an Arcane Library when the have much higher culture buildings. The android and IOS App will hits you highest culture building, at least its suppose to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm guessing that after 170% the breakpoints are every 5% -- I know I have had as high as 180% culture bonus when I was dinking around with the enhanced polish spell to try and learn about it.
There are no breakpoints after 170%. The only way to get higher than that is using the boost spells. If you have 10 culture items that are boosted, and your base is 170, then you get 170+50=220%, but no matter how high your culture is, you can't get past 170% without the Ensorcelled endowment in place on polished buildings.

kctanzen

There are no breakpoints after 170%. The only way to get higher than that is using the boost spells. If you have 10 culture items that are boosted, and your base is 170, then you get 170+50=220%, but no matter how high your culture is, you can't get past 170% without the Ensorcelled endowment in place on polished buildings.

Gotcha! I think it may have sunk in now.

fitress

I'm not sure what your question is.

I will add, Culture or I should say, high Culture is a luxury. I've stated this in another thread. You don't NEED it, but it helps, lol

Required Culture; means the minimum amount you need to be at Culture Bonus 100% Which is the total of all the buildings that require Culture.
You need more and more Culture to go higher in the Culture Bonus, 125-150++ If you're seeking to go that route.

Using a EE scroll, gives +5% Culture, but only if that CBuilding is being Helped. When the Help runs out, so does the 5%, until the next Help. But the EE lasts for 2days.

I'm a tad lower than you, my base Culture is at 125%, sometimes I get to 150% with Help, but in any case, I'm always at full in Supply/Coin (for now)
Although, not everyone is as active as I am.

When advancing in Chapters, via unlocking Culture Buildings, you should replace the previous Chapter/Culture buildings you built, with the new ones.
Some Chapters don't unlock, a 1x1 building. You need to check the ratio of size and culture given, and decide if you replace 1 building, by tearing down 3 is worth it or not.
Same goes for your streets. Every time you unlock a new street, you should replace all.

Culture Bonus, is the cloud/sun Icon at top, next to Culture.
There, it states how much more Culture you need to get the next % boost. And how much you need for the current % you're at.

Hope this helps :confused:

*******Culture Bonus, is the cloud/sun Icon at top, next to Culture.

Under the sun, it says my required for current level is 27,000, and that my available is 27,836.
Under the Harp/lyre/lute, it says my total it 41,708, required 13,872 and available 27836
Soooooo, what is my required, really. Or, which one means I'll lose sunshine status/%?
Am I making any sense?

HJK84

This is a fun tool, thx.

*******Culture Bonus, is the cloud/sun Icon at top, next to Culture.

Under the sun, it says my required for current level is 27,000, and that my available is 27,836.
Under the Harp/lyre/lute, it says my total it 41,708, required 13,872 and available 27836
Soooooo, what is my required, really. Or, which one means I'll lose sunshine status/%?
Am I making any sense?

If you use the link provided above by SoggyShorts, it should help ease your mind :)

Ti'll then, your required to be able to keep the game going is, 13 872. If you go below that, you can't build or upgrade buildings that require Culture.

kctanzen

I didn't know about that, Ashrem.
The full link works and I'm going to save that one!
Much obliged.

fitress

This is a fun tool, thx.

If you use the link provided above by SoggyShorts, it should help ease your mind :)

Ti'll then, your required to be able to keep the game going is, 13 872. If you go below that, you can't build or upgrade buildings that require Culture.

Got it - Thanks everybody!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Maybe =round(C18*100,-3)/100

Or I completely botched that. The 100 would work on trunk/int, not round)

DeletedUser7370

The cells C18:C21 were not protected and I entered the correct formula. You will have to adjust the others references to use those values as those cells are protected or shift the rounding formula to a different spot and eliminate the extra stuff.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The cells C18:C21 were not protected and I entered the correct formula. You will have to adjust the others references to use those values as those cells are protected or shift the rounding formula to a different spot and eliminate the extra stuff.
Done, thank you very much:)