• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Confusing negotiation screen

Cleo7311

It has taken many months to realize why I dislike negotiations. On my browser at least, the previous guesses list vertically. However the last guesses are also aligned horizontally with the current ones. Which confuses my eyes as to which is which - I see 10 items across that last row, but every other one is NOT a current guess.
Simplest way would be to move the current guesses slightly below the previous guesses so I see my current guesses all in a row and the old ones higher placed columns.

Cleo7311

elvenneg.png

Yes this is in Spire negotiations

hoopity

I agree, this could use some tweaks -- it's easy to misread. One solution that wouldn't require new art, just changing the location of the current assets, would be to raise the previous guess higher into the portrait. That helps some with the visual confusion.

elf.png

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Yes, having the next guesses on a distinct row would be beneficial, with the message pointing left, rather than down, so we can see the round 1 message when guessing round 3.

BrinDarby

If you have pick'd resource A on try 1, and its not grey'd out
for try 2 or 3, then it was "wrong person" otherwise it was "not need'd".

Myne

Oh Wise One
Have you tried The Spire Wizard for Elvenar (dzesyi.com) ? The thing about that that may help you is you can go by color and you only have to plug in the choices to the site once, and then follow their lead by choosing the background color of the circle to progress, then it would tell you your next choice.

Cleo7311

I like hoopity's layout! I might go farther in Spire. Once the battle odds become inpossible, I just stop at present rather than waste goods on bad guesses. Forge of Empires has used the modified layout for years.