• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Connected buildings ended?

DeletedUser21946

I have 3 of4 pieces of the chess board. I am wondering if the 4th piece is now obsolete. If so, should I sell it, and use the 4x4 space for my AW Tome of secrets?

NightshadeCS

In one of my cities, it took a while for the 4th piece to show up in Crafting.

As an alternative, is there any way you can fit the other 3 pieces in your city with them not touching? Then you could keep them for a while and see if you get the 4th, while still making space for something you want like the Tome. Once you free up more room, you can arrange them back together.

Some math wizards will have better info for you as to whether or not that set is worth having at all.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The reason it takes some time for the last piece to show up is that the overall chance of getting a piece decreases with each piece you receive. The first piece is 4/103 chance of appearing; the next 3/102, the next 2/101, and finally 1/100. Thus, on average, it takes about four times as long to get the last piece appearing as it does the first piece.

As far as how good the set is, I think it is terrible. Event buildings often do far better at producing the sees/mana per square. The only reason I have all four piece (and none of them placed) is because I do not want the chess pieces decreasing my options in crafting.

DeletedUser20951

Some math wizards will have better info for you as to whether or not that set is worth having at all.
Math wizards are the polar opposite of myself, but my highly analytical method of briefly glancing at the pieces without doing anything resembling mathematical calculation and proclaiming, "Eh, you're cute, but worthless to me AND SHALL NOT BE PLACED" is valuable nonetheless, I believe.

Deleted User - 3932582

The reason it takes some time for the last piece to show up is that the overall chance of getting a piece decreases with each piece you receive. The first piece is 4/103 chance of appearing; the next 3/102, the next 2/101, and finally 1/100. Thus, on average, it takes about four times as long to get the last piece appearing as it does the first piece.

As far as how good the set is, I think it is terrible. Event buildings often do far better at producing the sees/mana per square. The only reason I have all four piece (and none of them placed) is because I do not want the chess pieces decreasing my options in crafting.
Yeah, I don't understand fascination with the chess set either - indeed looks terrible to me. I may craft it to remove from the pool, but feel like even spending catalysts/fragments on it is such a waste - never mind actual city space.

Socrates28

Thank you all for your input! I see my lack of experience has again gotten me in a situ! . I am thinking that at least I have saved a nice 4x4 for a goody!
Which is exactly why these Forums exist: to get the answer to our questions from people who have been in that spot before and have the wisdom to guide us in the right direction. Of course it is always our choice whether we take it or not. :p

DeletedUser20951

But then, I'm a weirdo who should not necessarily be emulated.
Hear hear! I tend to use similar disclaimers when I remember to, because what I like to do isn't always advantageous to myself in the common understanding of the meaning, merely something I've decided is well worth any minor setbacks or hindrance. Does usually depend on the seriousness of a situation, though, how many limbs I'm willing to lop off and go about my business.