• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Constant "server error" messages

StarLoad

no one seems to really care much about this other than to act like i'm an idiot for saying something about it.
Defiant, the issue you brought up was not the same as today's issues, stream errors at server date switch over are pretty common but not universal like it was this morning and afternoon.

Just saying

Ed

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
no one seems to really care much about this other than to act like i'm an idiot for saying something about it.
I took it very seriously then, and this morning, All I can do is bring it to the CMs to escalate the issue. When it is a known time, that's one type of inconvenience, but random and repeated stream and server errors like today are not the norm. I got the CMs looking into it immediately, and hopefully, the issue is resolved. If not, I will bring it back up again and be the squeaky wheel.

snowcone

It has been so bad with me I've had the service company out twice, told to purchase new router and still having maga problems. It messes up off and on most every time I'm on. And all this time I thought it was the service provider. I've been searching for a new provider. Cool, now I see it's not been them all a long and I can stop searching. I'm in a rural area so we are limited. If we go with satellite it goes out when we get clouds.
Thanks for putting this up for us to know.

MagicPagan

No, it's not your provider and emptying your cache is not going to fix it. This was another error in judgment on the part of the techno geeks at Inno.

getmomo

It has been so bad with me I've had the service company out twice, told to purchase new router and still having maga problems. It messes up off and on most every time I'm on. And all this time I thought it was the service provider. I've been searching for a new provider. Cool, now I see it's not been them all a long and I can stop searching. I'm in a rural area so we are limited. If we go with satellite it goes out when we get clouds.

If it was your service provider you would have issues everywhere online. If it only happens on elvenar than elvenar is the problem.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I cannot log in to Harandar (or anywhere). On the app I get 'an internal error has occured', on the pc 'there is a problem connecting to the server'

This is not a game error. It's an internet issue since you can't get connected to the server in the first place. You may get the login screen, but that's often cached locally. Once you put in your name and pswd, it sends a packet out to the proper server. Sometimes if the server can't be reached, there is a problem between your PC and that server or the server is actually down. The latter would be pretty clear as nobody would get in. If it's pretty much just you, it's pretty much certain its not the game itself, but something between you and the game. Time to reboot and try again.

In the end, of course, I could be completely and utterly wrong, but 30 years IT experience suggests it's unlikely.

AJ

StarLoad

Sometimes if the server can't be reached, there is a problem between your PC and that server or the server is actually down.
Reminds me of the old days (like 10-15 years ago) when you had to check the connections between you and the destination. Running "tracert" to find where the issue really was and then wondering how you could get around a bad switch or router in between point "A" and "B".
Fond memories

Ed

Inyri

This is not a game error. It's an internet issue since you can't get connected to the server in the first place. You may get the login screen, but that's often cached locally. Once you put in your name and pswd, it sends a packet out to the proper server. Sometimes if the server can't be reached, there is a problem between your PC and that server or the server is actually down. The latter would be pretty clear as nobody would get in. If it's pretty much just you, it's pretty much certain its not the game itself, but something between you and the game. Time to reboot and try again.

In the end, of course, I could be completely and utterly wrong, but 30 years IT experience suggests it's unlikely.

AJ
That error resolved itself about 30 minutes after posting, so I feel a little silly for posting in the first place. Flushing the dns cache was the first thing I tried when it happened, rebooting devices was second, and the problem persisted. Regardless, it's all water under the bridge now, thanks for trying to help, ajqtrz! :)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
That error resolved itself about 30 minutes after posting, so I feel a little silly for posting in the first place. Flushing the dns cache was the first thing I tried when it happened, rebooting devices was second, and the problem persisted. Regardless, it's all water under the bridge now, thanks for trying to help, ajqtrz! :)
And hopefully, it will stay gone. One of the hardest things to diagnose in any system is the random appearance of a problem that "fixes" itself. You never know if the fix was really a fix or if you have just entered a long period of luck. As my father said once, "the bear is still in the woods." He meant that even if we did get all the goats where they belong and safe, and the bear was moved far, far away, it could still come back for a feast.

AJ

snowcone

Thanks for the clarification! I couldn’t be sure cause our service out here isn’t that great anyway but Dish Network was worse. I finally dropped them and are now streaming and it’s better service. Now I can watch something even if we get cloudy. It will still blink sometimes but still better.