• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Contest winners' Stories

DeletedUser4194

In our last contest we asked for spooky stories from our players and here are the winners. Congratulations and thanks for sharing!!! :)

The Stories:

The gate to the pumpkin fields was ajar, and the undead could be heard howling from inside. An eerie tune of organ music could be heard in the air.
The fog was rolling in as little Freddie seemed drawn to an old oak tree in the middle of the fields with a swing that was slowly moving back and forth.
Freddie’s father called out to him: 'Don't go into the pumpkin fields after dark, Freddie!", as he had told his son so many times before, but Freddie was too curious.
While he slowly walked towards the entrance, the angels of solace that adorned the gate wailed in despair, as if trying to warn him not to go in. A wind came up, the ground of an ancient empty grave shuddered in anticipation.
Freddie entered the fields, oblivious to his father yelling his name. The trees seemed to laugh as the unearthly organ music grew louder and louder...
Freddie's father was unable to move and he wailed as he heard his son's screams. Death had found his pumpkin farm once again. In the distance he heard a familiar voice chant the horrific words he knew so well:
"Come, enter my hell, where the dead live and the living die! Come, the organ master plays, compelling you to come! Come, we are waiting!"

:kp: :kp: :kp:

The noise was coming from high above her bed, in the attic above her. The steady thump of a heartbeat going faster and faster as if some poor soul was being chased by an evil terror. Each night as the macabre symphony continued, she lay there, shivering, curled up deep beneath the thick blankets of her bed, listening intently, fearfully wondering what might be causing such sinister sounds. Each morning climbed the stairs to the attic and looked but found nothing of note. The attic was empty but for old full length mirror affixed to the rafters. Yet each night the dreadful sounds grew louder, steadier, more frightening.
On the fifth night of her encounter she could stand it no longer. Determined to find the source of the sinister sounds, she carefully and quietly pushed the covers off, and arose. Slowly, so as to catch the source, whatever it was, in the act, she stealthily crossed to the ladder leading up to the dark unlit room above. Climbing carefully she brought her head into the room and looked around, expecting to see some ghostly image. But she saw nothing. Nothing appeared out of place. Nothing new existed in the dim space yet, she continued to hear the dreadful pace of the heartbeat begin to increase as if the danger was getting closer. She continued her climb and upon stepping onto the dusty wooden floor, the heartbeat increased to a terrifying pace, wildly beating as if death itself were at it's door. She looked, terrified, around and spotted something in the mirror hanging there. She looked again but it was her own reflection. Her own frightened, shivering reflection in the dim light. But there was something wrong with it. She took a step closer, then another. Her eyes went wide. Her heart raced in time to the sounds of that infernal drum he had been hearing for the last few nights. Something was grasping the throat of the image before her. Hands! Sinister hands were around that throat. She felt them. It was so real! She couldn't breath! Then, silence. She heard no more.

:kp::kp::kp:

I answered an ad for "mustache stylist." The next day, I went to the creepy, old castle outside of town where the ad had said to report for work. An ancient, wizened butler answered the door chime and said to follow him to meet the Master, who I was to be a stylist for. We entered the door or a brightly lit room, which turned out to be a really freaky laboratory out of an old Frankenstein movie. The Master turned out to be a freaky-looking old scientist who introduced himself as Dr. Freakenspleen...figures..right?
Having no other job prospects I got to work and asked what style of mustache the old guy preferred. The bulter showed me a picture showing the Master with a white mustache sticking far out to the sides with dramatic curles at each end. I got to work and started by combing the mustache out, but it seemed as though it had plenty of mustache wax in it already, so I simply shaped and curled it into a close copy of what was in the picture. I said, "how's that?" Freakenspleen said it was wonderful, but asked if I was going to use some wax to help it keep it's shape. I mentioned it already had plenty of wax in it already. Looking confused, the Doc replied, "Oh, that's not wax. I have a really bad cold and my nose runs..." I didn't need to hear more. I got up and walked out, watching my back as I went...quickly.

True story - names have been changed.
I have always had an interest in the occult, my family is very superstitious. I learned to read palms for a Halloween party. Turned out I have a talent for it. For years I would occasionally read people, palms and Tarot. My friend Tammy would bug me, always asking "Will you read me, I want to know when will I die. My mom is 87 and a chain smoker and she is still here, I bet I will live to be 100!" She always asked when we were out at a bar and drinking. I think she needed the courage boost to ask. I never wanted to read her - the death thing is creepy and I tried to focus on the positive, and I don't like to read people when I am drinking. She would tell people about me, saying "ask -her-, she believes in that stuff."
Then came the day I caved. It was April, and she bugged me again. I grabbed her and read her hands. I told her I must be wrong, I am drinking, there is a 6 year window. She looked at me puzzled. I said "50". She said, "but I am 47!!!". I again replied I must be wrong. Fast forward, she was killed in a tragic accident in September - 5 months later. In November, her widowed husband was running around with a local lady. Tammy's best friend Stacy was furious. She would have dreams, where Tammy would say, "I don't care what Stan does - I am happy! Don't be mad at him." Then, in December, I started dreaming. At first it was once or twice a week. It was Tammy and I, always in a different place, always surrounded by different people. She would look at me and always say the same thing, "You should ask Stacy about those keys - I always wondered what happened to those keys!" A month went by and I was having this dream every night by then. I was losing sleep, I knew this was not normal. Finally, I went to Stacy and told her I felt I was losing my mind and had to ask... What was the deal with the keys??? I told her about my dream and what Tammy was telling me. Stacy started to cry saying no one knew about those keys but her and Tammy. I asked again - what keys??? Stacy then told me Tammy had managed a country club. Those keys were for the gate and the entrances. They had gotten drunk one night - they weren't sure if they lost the keys or gave them to another employee but they were gone and they had no idea what happened to them. They had always wondered what happened to the keys - their own private joke. I then said to her, if Tammy can tell me about the keys, maybe she really don't want you to be upset about what her widowed husband Stan is doing - maybe she really is happy and you need to let it go. Stacy told me later she had one more dream where her and Tammy talked and Stacy said she would not be mad. They hugged and said goodbye.
Neither one of us has dreamed of Tammy again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4194

Ben Corb, age 16, and an only child in the Corb family was going to go mad. Most people would be panicked about such a thing,but Ben took it in strides. This predicament happened one fateful night on October 31st, or Halloween. Now Ben wasn't superstitious or anything but when he was dared to go into the newest haunted house in his neighborhood alone he couldn't repress the slight feeling of fear that struck him. But Ben couldn't help but bow to the peer pressure eagerly provided by his friends. He had entered the haunted house with slight trepidation but forged ahead when he looked back to see the encouraging faces of his friends. After a few minutes of walking through winding halls, covered in mirrors and pictures, that seemed to be designed to create feelings of loss and emptiness Ben couldn't shake the feelings of being watched. These feelings intensified the further Ben would walk. Ben started to hear whispers. "Watching, always watching." Ben whipped around to see nothing. "Watching, Always watching." Ben was worried now. He quickened his pace down the single hallway. 'The pictures....are they looking at me?' Ben thought as he raced down the hallway. "Watching, always watching." the walls seem to whisper. Ben stopped as he took deep shaky breath. "No." Ben gasped. He was back where he started. The pictures seem to smile. "Watching, always watching....." Ben took another deep breath. "...Ben." Ben's eyes widened. 'This has to be a prank.' Ben thought to himself. "Ha! Ha! Guys, real funny." this time the voices stopped, as if thinking. "What's so funny Mr.Corb?" they said. Ben at that moment realized that this wasn't a prank. This wasn't even part of the Haunted House. "What do you want?" he said with a surprisingly calm voice. "We want you Ben." the walls whispered. "We've been watching you." they said. "We've seen everything you've done." Ben eyes widened a little. 'I'm going mad.' he thought calmly. "And we want you to join us." Ben laughed a little. "And be a voice in a wall?" he said. "Oh we're more than voices." a single voice said. This one didn't seem to be coming from the walls. Ben turned around and instantly threw up. The thing before him was grotesque. "We want you to join us Ben." it said. Ben shuddered and backed away. He ran into something slimy. He looked up and instantly turned away as another grotesque monster was before him. "I'm going to die aren't I." Ben said, more of a statement than a question. "Only if you don't join." the house said.....
Outside of the house, at the houses exit. "Where is he?" a teenager said. The rest of the group shrugged. "Most likely exited from the front when we went around." someone else said. A girl spoke up. "Well I'm not wasting my Halloween waiting for him." she said. Others nodded. "Anyway he most likely exited from the front while we walked back here and is laughing at us from his house." she finished. A group chorus of, that's what he'd do, and sounds like him arose. The group headed away from the haunted house, never looking up. Never seeing a figure looking down on them from the houses attic window. "Watching, always watching." the figure said before it disappeared.....

It was a calm night when Elveana strolled through the forest. The breeze was soft and the full moon glowed as if smiling to see her. She carried a lantern which illumined a large distance, the candles enchanted by light magic of some sort. As she strolled, she saw a cabin in the distance. With the look of all the rotting planks, it appeared the cabin had been abandoned for some time. She was about to turn and move on, when suddenly she saw two orange lights, one appearing in each of the front windows. Stopping to investigate, Elveana walked up to the front entrance past two dark signposts. As she passed the posts a chilling sense of fear entered her. Her lantern seemed less effective, as if the light magic was dissipating. She hurriedly knocked at the door. The rotting door fell down revealing an empty single room.
Entering the cabin, Elveana proceeded with caution. There did not seem to be any light inside and her lantern could now only illuminate a small area. She looked for hidden doors, stairs, or anything else as if hoping to find that the cabin concealed something more than a simple unadorned room. To her loss, she found nothing but a fireplace and chimney that opened into the night sky. Looking up the chimney showed nothing unusual either. As she turned back she immediately saw something unusual. Now seeing this from the inside of the house, she could make out two orange lights, one in each window. She rushed out the door running straight into a dark signpost and falling. As her back hit the ground she noticed a jarring sight. Right where the moon was supposed to be was a black sphere. She could not tell how she saw the dim outline of the sphere as its darkness exceed that which permeated from the signposts. As she gazed up at this blacked moon, two orange dots, like eyes appeared on it, glaring menacingly at her. Immediately Eleana, grasped her courage, got up and dashed away from the sign posts. Once outside the blackened light, the night was suddenly clear. The full moon shown brightly, and the breeze was soft. Yet, she carried with her a clear piece of evidence to remind her of what happened. The lantern she carried was now depleted of all its light magic, and shown dimly through the night.

A True Story) a very long time ago back in the 70's when I was much younger*lol* me and some of my friends were walking thru the cemetery late at night, as it was almost Halloween and we saw a couple coming so we ducked behind some headstones. When they got closer one of my friends waiting till they got closer and then he yelled "Ouch Stop stepping on me I'm trying to Sleep"*lol* We all were trying NOT to laugh and give ourselves away, I just looked at my Friend like "What were you thinking"? He just grinned and laughed. He scared that couple one of them started screamed and took off running:eek:. Once they were gone My friend jumped up and yelled "That was hilarious did you see them run? I just shook my head and told him "your an idiot I can't believe You did that" Just as we were walking out of the cemetery I felt something was behind me, I turned around and saw the spirit of two little girls one was holding a teddy bear who waved at me. I looked around then back to the little girls and waved back.. then they disappeared. ( I had a clinical near death exp. on my 18th birthday(a very long time ago as i'm 59 now) and was pronounced DEAD for 9 minutes that's when I was blessed with gifts that I can see/hear/and speak to those who have died. I help the living say goodbye to their loved ones and give messages if they need them)

:kp: :kp: :kp:

True story
When I was twelve years old my favorite uncle bought me a dog.
It was a mostly German Shepard mutt.
He helped me train it, not just for potty, but to sit, stay, shake hands, etc
One evening I was walking Charlie, that was the dog not my uncle, and he broke away from me to go chasing some deer in a field.
I called him but he didn't come back. I went looking for him and couldn't find him.
I was frantic, it kept getting darker and Charlie was nowhere to be found.
I sat down on the ground and was crying, when I saw a light coming towards me.
It was my My Uncle Joe carrying a flashlight and walking next to him was Charlie.
I was so grateful I couldn't speak.
Uncle Joe just smiled and waved me to follow him back to the road.
He lead me back to my house then just smiled and walked towards his home.
I went in the house and my mom was there and I could tell she had been crying.
I figured she had been worried about me, I went to her and told her I was OK.
She told me to sit down, she had to tell me something.
And that was when I found out Uncle Joe had been killed in a car accident a few hours earlier.

They ventured into the town and noticed a large amount of people, about twelve, tied at the gallows. They did not bode well being on time for this, looking into their eyes as they stood before the town with nooses on.

"I guess they get to poking each other with swords and end up there."

A big round of applause for our winners!!:cool: