• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Continue the Story

• Thread starter DeletedUser19483
  • Start date

DeletedUser19483

ok I think this is pretty clear on what your supposed to do(no NormalMoon explain! Explain! Shut up voices!) anyway write a sentence or paragraph and continue the story before a moderator posts THE END.(we got a head start cuz I haven't told them) hehehehehehe

I'll start:

There once was a foolish sword, that thought it could cut the world....

DeletedUser20396

But soon learned that it couldn't, and decided to try asking a blacksmith to give him ridges like a saw.

DeletedUser19483

but the young sword didn't have the wisdom of a grown sword and still asked to have ridges like a saw, "If I was like a saw I would be able to saw the world in half."

Vergazi

The Blacksmith replied, "If you cut too deep into the bones of the world you will hit the mithril ore that is buried deep underground and it will surely ruin your teeth. You must find some sort of magic metal and a smith far more talented than me...a dwarven mastersmith would possibly work."
The old blacksmith scratched his chin in thought.

DeletedUser20396

"But then again, I have heard if the magic of the elves." Added he.
"Where?" Asked the sword.
"Near the high falls of rhudar." Said the blacksmith. "Pick your route well, the dwarves might help you, but you'll have a time getting the elves to."

Vergazi

Marko, the young blacksmith's apprentice came back to the shop some time later, unknowing that the strange sword that lay on the table was enchanted and had inside it a spirit of it's own and could speak. The lad had always fancied one day he would become an adventurer and the hot, dusty work in the forge he hated beyond words. Just in that moment, on a sudden impulse, he decided to take the curious sword, his bedroll and a few scraps of food wrapped in a bindle and take to the road.

DeletedUser20396

Marko, the young blacksmith's apprentice came back to the shop some time later, unknowing that the strange sword that lay on the table was enchanted and had inside it a spirit of it's own and could speak. The lad had always fancied one day he would become an adventurer and the hot, dusty work in the forge he hated beyond words. Just in that moment, on a sudden impulse, he decided to take the curious sword, his bedroll and a few scraps of food wrapped in a bindle and take to the road.
ohh, I like this twist.

Once on the road, he found that the sword was bothersome to carry in his hand, so he rigged a sheath to carry it in.

DeletedUser19483

the sword woke up to find that it wasn't were it was before. It quickly looked around and found itself in a sheath, "That dirty blacksmith sold me!" the sword raged to itself. "I will cut him in two for that, but first I'm going to deal with this foolish wielder."

DeletedUser20396

So on the morrow, as Marko ventured into the wilderness, he decided to name the sword, first what is a sword without a name? "I shall call you Zar'roc." And the sword was pleased with the name.

Vergazi

Zar'roc had held it's tongue inasmuch as a sword could ever have a tongue to hold, and decided to bide it's time and observe this newly-minted, would-be hero in action. The blade waited and watched and knew that in time, on this lonely mountain path that the clueless Marko had chosen to follow, that eventually some mountain ogres or some other monster would accost them, Then Marko would have to prove his mettle and earn the right to wield Zar'roc.

DeletedUser19483

And as Zar'roc predicted the would be hero was accosted by three hungry mountain orges. "Who is foolish enough to cross our path?" the biggest one growled out in a wrenched voice. Marko pale with fear almost lost the little lunch he had when he smelled the foul stench of the orges.

DeletedUser20396

But he gulped it down, braced his feet, and cried aloud in a mighty voice, " Marko, son of Marth, wielder of Zar'roc. And who might you be to stand in my way?"

DeletedUser19483

The two smaller orges laughed, but where silenced when the biggest one smack them silent. "We are hungry orges looking for a meal."

DeletedUser20396

"Another meal, then oh mighty one. For I can hunt you the deer from the back of this mountain to satisfy your hunger for a millennium." "Also," He added, "I would hate to kill such as ye seem to be."

DeletedUser19483

As this was occuring Zar'roc spoke, "Strike them dead and prove your worth."

DeletedUser20396

"Who said that?" asked the big ogre. "Who indeed?" echoed Marko.

DeletedUser19483

The sheath started to melt and a glowing Zar'roc floated up to Marko's face, "I said strike them down, fool!"

DeletedUser20396

He grabbed Zar'roc and assumed position. But then he thought, "They look more scared than me." And made a slash that was bound to miss, and the ogres fled. "Well done, not as good as I hoped, but well done." said Zar'roc.