• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Convenient AW Access

Convenient AW Access

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

truelinor

Summary: Player's context menu to include "Ancient Wonders" when player is in messages.

Details: We have player's contextual menus and they are very nice to have, but they don't all have the same menu items. I find I can go to a player's Ancient Wonder from their name in chat, but not in the messages where it would really help to be able to do so, since we have KP sharing thread just for that purpose. Is there anyway we could see their Ancient Wonders when we click on their name in the messages?

Benefits/Pros: 1. Less clicking and going from one place to another and back again while passing out KPs to AWs.
2. For those people who trade with other fellowships (like a Neighborhood trading system) it would give them a quick and easy way to give KPs to the others in the group.

Downsides/Cons: Aside from an anticipated small amount of developer time, I don't think there are any cons

Miscellaneous:
Discussion please.

Last edited:

Handgrenade

I hope this hasn't been suggested - I didn't see it.

We have player's contextual menus and they are very nice to have, but they don't all have the same menu items. I find I can go to a player's Ancient Wonder from their name in chat, but not in the messages where it would really help to be able to do so, since we have KP sharing thread just for that purpose. Is there anyway we could see their Ancient Wonders when we click on their name in the messages?
I think this is already an option for PC players. Hopefully it makes its way to mobile. It would be nice

truelinor

great Idea would make things much better
Thanks, Life Hunter! I think so too!
This would be so useful! It takes a while to load everyone's city when doing kp swaps, and this would make that so much easier!
Well, you do know you don't have to go to everyone's city any more, right? Their Ancient Wonders are in the Fellowship list of members, so you can just go there. This would keep people from having to close the message (probably a KP Sharing thread) they are in to go to the Fellowship Member's list and then click on that button. Then, of course, if you want to give KPs to all the threads - our fellowship has four going at once - you have to then close the Fellowship Member's list and go back to the messages and repeat it as many times as you want to donate KPs to. But I'm glad you like it, Sandstorm173!

truelinor

I do. Our fellowship has a bunch of kp swaps with our sister fellowship.
Oh, wow, I hadn't even thought about that! But you're right! I have a city where I play solo and I happened to get included in a group if neighbors who have KP trading threads and it would SO work for there too! I hadn't even thought about that so thank you for bringing that to my attention, Sandstorm173!

EDIT: I added it to my original post - hope you don't mind!

Yogi Dave

I find I can go to a player's Ancient Wonder from their name in chat, but not in the messages where it would really help to be able to do so
There are other player context menus and it would be nice if there is a consistency to all of them.

I've found 5 different player pop-up menus.
AW Donation:
PlayerAwMenu.png
Chat:
PlayerChatMenu.png
FS:
PlayerFsMenu.png

Ranking:
PlayerRankMenu.png

Depending on the context, they may have an added choice, but they should all have the same top 3 like chat has.

NOTE: The 'Invite' and 'Expel Member' show because I'm a mage. Everyone won't see these choices.

truelinor

Here? In the thread? Or do I message her? I was just reading it, thank you. And thanks for your help earlier!

@Xelenia - could we please put this idea in a poll? Man, I hope I get enough votes for it - would sure save me a lot of clicking! lol

Yogi Dave

I've found 5 different player pop-up menus.
I am all for consistency!
If you intend to include any of the other places I mentioned, it needs to be expressed in top post before voting starts. No changes are allowed once the poll is opened. The devs only see the top post, not anything we've discussed in the thread, just as it's that post we vote on.