• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Correct spelling of the word "manufactury"

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I've been the editor of the Arizona Authors Association for the past few years, as well as an editor for major corporations throughout the past 30-plus years. Manufactory is an acceptable but outdated term; manufactury is a variant, and factory is just plain easier. However, I agree on the "charm" part in using manufactory, lampions, and several other words.

StarLoad

I've been the editor of the Arizona Authors Association for the past few years, as well as an editor for major corporations throughout the past 30-plus years. Manufactory is an acceptable but outdated term; manufactury is a variant, and factory is just plain easier. However, I agree on the "charm" part in using manufactory, lampions, and several other words.
I read somewhere a long time ago that the word "manufactory" was a contraction of "manufacturing factory" which does not roll off the tongue very well. You know the American version of English does not always make sense.

Ed

OIM20

I have to be honest: if this were to come up for a vote, I would vote no. There are many, many other things I would appreciate the devs focusing on than doing a ctrl+F, ctrl+R on the word "manufactory". That said, if they ever chose to do it, the way they did for the word "Bishop", which they changed to "Abbot" so that now I have a "Tome Abbot" instead of a "Tome Bishop" (and that's odd since it's a chess set), it's not something that I think would affect me one way or another.

Tehya1

Since my keyboard is wonky and my typing is rrrrrr challenged, I will just say whatever the things look like. Forrrr example, I am about to build lvl19 dust shops, so undulating, um, shrrrrooms?

Tehya1

I think the graphics designers are sexually repressed. Lvl 19 dust in elves, all dust in humans, dripping tongues . . .