• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cost of Building a Street

able99

Why does it cost the same to build a street over and exiting street where you already have resources invested, vs building a street on a blanks square?

DeletedUser29768

When you build on top of another street, the newer street replaces the older one; they are not somehow combined. The purpose of this feature was simply to save players from having to sell each of their street tiles, then replace them with newer streets. So, as soon as you build over a street, the older one is essentially sold. Since you never get resources back for selling a street, it would not be expected that "selling" streets by replacing them would in any way decrease the cost of a new street. Make sense?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Every time you upgrade streets you are completely replacing everything. I do road construction in the real world. To completely redo a street: mill out all the existing asphalt, tear up any curb and sidewalks and replace those, and regrade the road is actually a more intensive process than just building a new road. Because you need machines and equipment to do the road demo and a lot of dump trucks to haul off the old material. All this has to happen before you can start rebuilding the road. They really should charge MORE to upgrade a road. LOL

able99

Henroo, don't give them any ideas.
I was actually going to delete my question when I checked and saw no resources were returned. You just lose culture which makes sense.
You guys answered too quickly so I'll just leave it.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I was actually going to delete my question when I checked and saw no resources were returned. You just lose culture which makes sense.
Actually once you post a thread there is no way to delete it. All you can do is edit the post and the title of the thread. For example, you could change the thread title to something like Nevermind. But it will still be there.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Every time you upgrade streets you are completely replacing everything. I do road construction in the real world. To completely redo a street: mill out all the existing asphalt, tear up any curb and sidewalks and replace those, and regrade the road is actually a more intensive process than just building a new road. Because you need machines and equipment to do the road demo and a lot of dump trucks to haul off the old material. All this has to happen before you can start rebuilding the road. They really should charge MORE to upgrade a road. LOL

SHHHHHH!!!!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
By the way - if you upgrade an existing road over top of the old one, you only get the culture for the difference between existing and upgraded type. For example if your roads grant 60 culture and the new ones 100 you will only receive 40 per square placed, not 160.