• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Counting Specific Map Tiles

CrusaderMichael

Putting my idea that I'll never be wrong about anything in my life to the test... I decided to instantly try to come up with the best way possible to count map tiles, and, I think I'm right as always.

The map has a pattern that is the same for all resources.... example... find a crystal tile (blackish), then, go down and to the right (or, southeast) 3 tiles, and it will be another crystal tile.

So all map tiles for resources, are actually in lines of 3 in the northwest to southeast direction.

The next "line" of that particular resource, can be found by looking due north or south 4 or 5 tiles (varies).

You can either count along the diagonal or vertical lines this makes. Each line has its advantages/disadvantages for counting... diagonal has particular resources closer, but takes slightly longer to find new lines.... while vertical line has particular resources further away to count, but the resource is only found every 3rd column (north south line) of tiles, making it easier to find lines to count.

So, to count your map tiles, as a diagonal example... go to the top right area of your map and find the first line (diagonal in this case) of your map tile to count, and start counting from one end of that line to the other (even if it's just one tile you have scouted on that line)... then, scroll down to the next line (4 or 5 tiles down, or south).... start at one end of your map on that line, and count to the other end.... then the next line 4 or 5 tiles down... start at one end of your map on that line, and count to the other end... repeat till you're out of map.

Vertical line counting is the same idea... but start on the left or right side of your map, and count every 3rd vertical line of tiles across your map. It's the easiest way to understand, but slightly slower because you have to scroll further per tile counted.

I have I think 90 tiles scouted... and can count any resource tile type in about 8 to 10 seconds doing this.

Now I can count a tile type for a tournament out of curiosity, without taking 2 minutes to do it, and even then wondering if I counted right.

The End.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
its not always 100% perfect, and will vary if someone scouted out of where they are supposed to... but if you check the advanced scout tech in the tech tree for your next chapter, it will tell you how many proves you currently have finished. Take that number and divid by 9 and you should be within 0-2 of the correct number.

CrusaderMichael

I know that. But it's still not knowing and is also higher than 2 away in some cases.

It's easier just to count and my way, like always, is right and fastest.

Never knowing my exact number of tile types when I want to know would drive me crazy.

Almost as crazy as dumping all this KP in to unboosted goods techs so i can one day say "i finished a quest" that they only created to trick people in to thinking their KP dumping was for a good cause.

COUNT YER TILES CORRECTLY OR GET AN 'F' FOR A MATH GRADE... up to you.

So many players here have gotten an 'F' counting their tiles by dividing by 9 I figured I'd do you a favor and let you all know how to actually be right and do it fast instead.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
It's not perfect lines like you suppose. On EN2 Winyandor there is an obvious patch when the map was reconstructed from pods to a whole back in September of 2016. I believe the US server had its first 4 realms when this occurred, so there is a chance that US1, US2, US3 and US4 have similar flaws.

CrusaderMichael

It's not perfect lines like you suppose. On EN2 Winyandor there is an obvious patch when the map was reconstructed from pods to a whole back in September of 2016. I believe the US server had its first 4 realms when this occurred, so there is a chance that US1, US2, US3 and US4 have similar flaws.

Part of why i disabled the "move my city" thing is my map area is perfect, so far.

I will be on the look out for a flaw though whenever i count... AND IF I FIND A FLAW I'M RELOCATING TO A NEW PART OF THE MAP. My area seems perfect though so I'm not worried.

I think when i was signing up to play the devs said, "this guy seems cool, so let's make sure to give him a perfect spot on the map, with perfect tile lines."

Nice signed art btw.

Lelanya

Lol
Don't count on the Devs being involved in your placement. I said there is a chance that any of those 4 realms to have flaws not that I have observed any.

My signature was designed by a lovely player I met on the Beta Forum, Isil Rilma, who had also played on the French server. I believe she involved with the Team Elvenar designs as well. @Sir Squirrel tweaked the signature a bit, and offered some advice, when I transferred it over to here.

NightshadeCS

If you are fairly near the center, then you probably wouldn't be moved. They will only move you if a slot opens up closer to the center of the map that has the same three boost provinces as you.

Personally, I fail to see what the big issue is. You will eventually get enough relics from each type to max out, and by that time have enough provinces of each kind open to maintain a good level without completing every province in the tournament. Maybe your goal is to take #1 in every tournament? I suppose knowing how many points you can get in that case may be useful information.

An alternative to counting would be to jot down how many provinces you can do in each tourney and then remember to add to that number all newly completed provinces. Then you will always know how many you have.

GlamDoll

isn't going to be something you ever need to know.
Yeah. I have no daydreams anymore of doing more than 20, AT TOPS & that is once a year. >...>
Those days are long gone on me trying to keep up with how many provinces for each tourny I have unlocked...
Ancient History.

CrusaderMichael

1) why have i heard of this Sir Squirrel before? Only thing that comes to mind is Rocket Raccoon but I know i have heard of Sir Squirrel, from somewhere.

2) some of you have me wondering what the Elvenar record for Tournament Provinces 6 starred, is. 40+ ? 50+ ? I wonder if the devs can somehow pull up that information. Be cool to see a hall of fame in this game, for certain high end records of skill.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
2) some of you have me wondering what the Elvenar record for Tournament Provinces 6 starred, is. 40+ ? 50+ ? I wonder if the devs can somehow pull up that information. Be cool to see a hall of fame in this game, for certain high end records of skill.
Before the change it was 90ish I think.
Steel tournaments used to have 90% heavy melee enemies which meant you could just place a few ELR buildings and one-shot everything with archers.
I think I placed 4 once and ran out of provinces at 59.

A major part of why the tournament needed changing was that winning was often simply based on how many provinces you had unlocked.

Vigali

A major part of why the tournament needed changing was that winning was often simply based on how many provinces you had unlocked.

And how much time you were willing to spend 6-starring all of those provinces :oops: I couldn't imagine doing 360 battles every 16 hours to get 90 provinces! And wasn't it more than 4 fights for a province at some point?

Lelanya

And how much time you were willing to spend 6-starring all of those provinces :oops: I couldn't imagine doing 360 battles every 16 hours to get 90 provinces! And wasn't it more than 4 fights for a province at some point?
Yes. We did used to have to do 8 encounters per provinces, back in 2016; we tourneyed with our neighbors not our fellows, and a round 6 province was worth 1000 points. A lot changed about tournament through the early months of 2017.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
wow... that's some serious changing of tourney play over the years.

From the sound of it i'd say tourney today is much better.

Yep, the original tournament format was total crap if you had hardly any active neighbors around you, or if they did not care about the tournament. I had to deal with that junk for about the first 6 months or so of playing the game.