• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Craft recipes for Evolve Artifacts

zalfenior

I'm glad to hear that a plan is in the works. I have my guesses but this is not the time or place for that. We'll just wait and see for right now.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
"Can't" because ...?
1. You are not allowed to
2. They haven't shared details with you
3. There isn't one (yet)

If it's any of those, I'd humbly request that the developers allow you to share with us on the possibility that 1,000s (tens of thousands?) of players who have each played the spire over a hundred times might have something of value to contribute in the way of balance/tweaks.

What we have to contribute, Inno probably believes, is clearly and already in the data. After all it's more than likely a data driven design change will predict better than an intuition driven one. Real data beats 10,000 intuitions most of the time. But only most.

On the other hand, we may be able to see things .... like how the new/changes will be used and what we will unexpectedly do with the new/changes.. that even the greatest set of data can't predict. Data tells what is and has been, but only by implication, what will be. Human ingenuity often makes mincemeat out of data driven predictions.

So, in the long run then, I agree with you. Let's let some good old fashion player experience into the prediction.

AJ

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
As with all changes, some of you will like it and some of you will complain. I thought it had promise.
I'll take that very safe answer as Obama's "Not bad" meme. :)
Between the various suggestions over the years (Spire store, Artifact Shards, and now Sorceries) it's hard to imagine they'd fail to come up with a decent choice.

Was there a timeline? Is it slated for the "end" of the artifact cycle as @Enevhar Aldarion guessed ~8 months from now, or might we see a change sooner?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm not surprised when Helya can't say. The larger the organization the less certain things will be done in the time frame as somebody has envisioned and thus, to state even a "target" date is to make yourself a firm and clear target of the wrath of the customers when you miss that target. And, more than likely, you will. Why? Because usually the one making the "firm target date" doesn't know everything that is going on, is under somebody who may shift "resources" suddenly to do this or that (denying the resources, therefore, to finish the project with the "firm target date."), markets may shift, competitors may release a similar product a few days earlier, the sky may fall, and all that. The reasons are legion and all of them are out of the control of the one who delcares the "firm target date." In other words, because it's a human endeavor the larger the number of humans involved the less likely it will meet that "firm target date." And the more likely therefore that the "firm target date" will not be announced until very late in the process, even if it's known by everyone in the company. And that is why I always feel for those who are in direct contact with the customers and have to field the question: "what's happening and when will it happen?" Wish it were different, but it is what it is.

AJ

Katwick

Cartographer
... usually the one making the "firm target date" doesn't know everything that is going on, is under somebody who may shift "resources" suddenly to do this or that (denying the resources, therefore, to finish the project with the "firm target date."), markets may shift, competitors may release a similar product a few days earlier, the sky may fall, and all that. ...
One of the oddly true MBA lessons is that Upper Management never sees the "wrong" decisions, as they are eliminated before they ever reach your desk.

So Upper Management has the unhappy task of telling a mid-level manager that their Really Good Idea unfortunately isn't the Best of the Really Good Ideas, and then allocating resources accordingly.

Chasing every squirrel IS NOT good policy.