• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Craft recipes for Evolve Artifacts

Momonar

Problem: As the number of evolve buildings increases over time, the ability to get a craft recipe in the Magic Academy for a desired evolve artifact is near zero.
(corollary - same is true for the recipe for the evolve building if you have sold it to update the level).

Solution: Combine sets of evolve tokens into a Tome of Evolution (allows you to pick 1 from the set), for the normal price of 3 blue prints plus whatever the number of spell fragments or combining catalysts are required.

Examples:
Tome of Bear Necessities: Pick one of the bear artifacts (moon bear, panda bear, brown bear, ice bear, i.e. any bear evolve building)
Tome of the Rising Phoenix: Pick one of the phoenix artifacts (original, aureate, ashen, coldfire, i.e. any phoenix themed evolve building)
Tome of the Witcher: Pick one of the witch artifacts (could also include the wise golem in this).
Tome of Happy Holidays: Pick one of the holiday themed artifacts (Valentines, Carnival Sleigh, Boblin's, Echos of the forgotten).
Tome of the Square Peg Round Hole: Pick one of the remaining evolve artifacts for buildings that don't fit above.

Bonus Credit: Also create craft recipes for tomes for the building itself.

Pros: Existing game elements exist to provide this functionality. Should be as simple as adding database entries.
New players get a chance to access old event buildings and the corresponding chance to evolve them which promotes fairness
Increases value of Crafting -> leading to more diamond expenditures in the crafter.
Provides data for feedback on relative value of craft buildings among a player base. This can improve engagement on future events.

Cons: Can't think of any. Will allow discussion to reveal.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Someone on the Beta forum posted something similar, and as I posted there, in about another 8 or 9 months the 6-weeks-per-artifact in the Spire routine will be completely caught up to whatever will be the most recent evolving building at that time. So I really don't see Inno doing anything different with artifacts and Tomes until that time comes. With less than a year until something new needs to be done to prevent just cycling back through the artifacts again, Inno probably already has an idea or plan for what comes after, and it may be something like this, now that they have introduced artifact Tomes in other ways. I just wish @helya could give us even some vague hint about that and whether this idea is good or a complete waste of time because Inno already has other set plans they will not change.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I can't really say what the plan is right now
"Can't" because ...?
1. You are not allowed to
2. They haven't shared details with you
3. There isn't one (yet)

If it's any of those, I'd humbly request that the developers allow you to share with us on the possibility that 1,000s (tens of thousands?) of players who have each played the spire over a hundred times might have something of value to contribute in the way of balance/tweaks.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
"Can't" because ...?
1. You are not allowed to
2. They haven't shared details with you
3. There isn't one (yet)

If it's any of those, I'd humbly request that the developers allow you to share with us on the possibility that 1,000s (tens of thousands?) of players who have each played the spire over a hundred times might have something of value to contribute in the way of balance/tweaks.
There is a plan, it's been in the works since the beginning of the year. I cannot share any details.

SoggyShorts

There is a plan, it's been in the works since the beginning of the year. I cannot share any details.
"Yay!" and also "Boo!" :p

Attachments

• defenestrate.png
    defenestrate.png
    497.5 KB · Views: 69

SoggyShorts

did you throw helya out of a window?
Not I, the shot-caller is supposed to represent inno CEO. @helya is rather consistently on "our side"... which is why they tossed her in my meme*

*This particular meme format is generally used to show 2 usual (but bad) suggestions and then a common sense one which is rejected by the boss because he is so out of touch with the customers.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I know, but you couldn’t pick a meme that doesn’t involve throwing her out the window? Although, defenestration is one of my favorite words and needs to be used more, IMO, like philologist.

Also, what’s with the new forum upgrade feature where attachments appear blurred and require clicking on them?