• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Crafting: Coin Rain Rotation Please

Erivan

Greetings!
Competing in the Spire has greatly increased the amount of coins I consume weekly, and I believe access to coin rain instants are needed to help account for this. There's an imbalance with the multiple ways to boost the supplies production, but limited options for producing coins.
I believe it would be very beneficial if Coin Rain instants could be added back into the crafting rotation. Perhaps they could be alternated as crafting options with the Supply Windfall instants? Adding other ways to access Coin Rains, as tournament rewards, etc... might be beneficial as well (As of now, they're only available in special events?).

Currently, you can expedite and enhance the production of supplies with multiple options: crafting supply windfall instants, time boosts for workshops, enchantments for workshops, etc...
However there are very limited ways with how to boost or expedite coins production: coin rain instants, neighborly help, or sitting and waiting.

I believe coin production has become unbalanced with supplies production, and this is negatively impacting my game play. I do believe this could easily be resolved by adding coin rain instants in the crafting rotation.
Thank you for your consideration.
~E

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
To increase coin production you need to do three things:

1) Raise the rest of your residences to lvl 16 (as you are doing)
2) Upgrade your GA 1 level
3) Visit your FS and neighbors (you can get between 20 and 40 percent of your daily residence production by doing this).

Together, these two things will improve coin production by about double. Surplus coins will be at almost double what you have now.

Here's the layout that gets you there and gives you about 1.5 more expansions of usable space.

Then you won't have to worry so much about coin rains.

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Erivan, as lyapo says, coin rains are already in the rotation. I just crafted one yesterday.

The Golden Abyss is the best for generating coins. I love it.

I too use coin rains in addition, but I get a great deal of them in a chest on every floor of the spire. Also, you can generate coin rains in your ferris wheels. You can get one every 2 days. They help.

NightshadeCS

Don't forget culture Bonus. Use those EE spells on culture buildings that people have polished in their aid (or big ones that you know will get polished soon). That will boost your coin production from residences.

Sorry this idea is not catching on with many. I think coin shortages, even with the Spire, are short-lived. I know I am not alone when I say I have oodles of CR cluttering up my inventory.

Erivan

To increase coin production you need to do three things:

1) Raise the rest of your residences to lvl 16 (as you are doing)
2) Upgrade your GA 1 level
3) Visit your FS and neighbors (you can get between 20 and 40 percent of your daily residence production by doing this).

Together, these two things will improve coin production by about double. Surplus coins will be at almost double what you have now.

Here's the layout that gets you there and gives you about 1.5 more expansions of usable space.

Then you won't have to worry so much about coin rains.

AJ
First of all, thank you for your help and taking the time to work with my city! It is pretty impressive how you managed to rework my layout, a feat I haven't dared to endeavor since I discovered I was expanding my elven city in a direction better suited for a human one. I have been reworking it in sections, but need to eventually commit to doing this fully.
In response to your suggestions
1. Currently, I have maxed out all my residences, except for those I have just added (and will continue to add in place of cultural buildings)
2. I have been upgrading my GA, although it is still a relatively small and incremental producer
3. I provide NH religiously to my FS and neighbors.
4. Additionally, I use Ensorcelled Endowment to keep my Cultural Boost up to at least 150% (if not >/= 175+)

I realized while writing my initial post that I may have misrepresented the issue I see and am encountering. Coin Rains were available to be won in the Winter Event (little 5's), they can be won in the Spire, and they can occasionally be crafted (I see one every 3-5 days, checking 4 sets/day). I too used to have an abundance of coin rains in my inventory, but playing in the spire and upgrading my city (especially with speed boosts won from the spire) has now caused that surplus to dry up.

Regardless, it is probably better to frame the issue as being more than enough opportunities to be able to expedite the production of supplies, and relatively very few opportunities to expedite coins.
To Produce Supplies:
1. NH provides some
2. ToS provides some with scouting
3. Various cultural buildings produce them
4. Supply Windfalls can be used [won (Events/Spire) and also crafted (~3x/day)]
5. Production Runs from workshops can be short to increase production
6. PoP can be cast to greatly increase workshop production
7. Time boosts can be applied to workshops to generate supplies
I may be missing some, but what I'm trying to say is there's lots of ways to produce supplies, AND items 1,4,5,6,7 are all demand driven things that I can do to help immediately produce supplies as needed if I run low.
To Produce Coins:
1. NH provides a significant amount
2. GA provides a decent amount
3. A few (less than supplies?) cultural buildings produce them
4. Residences produce them
5. Coin rains can be used [won (Events/Spire) and also crafted (~1x/3-5 days)]
The key distinction here is fewer options for producing coins AND only item 5 is available on demand. All the other items are restricted by and require time.

Given the amount of coins required by every encounter in the spire and a large number of city upgrades, scouting costs, etc... I was trying to say I believe it would be greatly beneficial (and help provide more balance) for coin rains to be available as frequently as supply windfalls in the crafting rotation (Windfalls and Rains can alternate as crafting options). Additionally, it might be worthwhile looking at some other possibilities to allow Time Boosts or other methods to be allowed as well to help produce more coins on demand.

Thank you again for your time, Cheers!!
~E

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Given the amount of coins required by every encounter in the spire and a large number of city upgrades, scouting costs, etc... I was trying to say I believe it would be greatly beneficial (and help provide more balance) for coin rains to be available as frequently as supply windfalls in the crafting rotation (Windfalls and Rains can alternate as crafting options). Additionally, it might be worthwhile looking at some other possibilities to allow Time Boosts or other methods to be allowed as well to help produce more coins on demand.

Each of the five slots has specific crafting options assigned to it and what item from each group shows up is purely random. Sometimes you will see a coin rain twice in a day and sometimes you will only see them twice in a week. Inno is not going to change the pure random outcome just because some players have bad luck with it. If they were going to, then all the people complaining about never seeing pet food to craft would be getting more.

Iyapo1

it might be worthwhile looking at some other possibilities to allow Time Boosts or other methods to be allowed as well to help produce more coins on demand.
This sounds like a reasonable suggestion. I am not certain how many players would make use of it, but I see no harm in a pet that helps with this or additional event building that supply primarily coins.
I have a stupid number of houses so this is not an issue for me, I will bow out in favor of the afflicted.

Erivan

@Erivan
You do not mention quest cycling as a source of income. The declinable non story quests can be cycled through, recorded and then used to plump up gold and supplies.
I need to understand this aspect better. I am now in the dwarven chapter, but didn't discover Elven Gems or any of the other cool resources until I joined my current FS. I did read up on the quests, and saw quest cycling mentioned, but am still not entirely sure how it works..
Will I always have a non-story quest available? If not, is there advice of what to do if two story quests are shown at the same time?
My current quests are Copper is a Dwarf's Best Friend, and Dwarven Craftsmanship. Before that, there was Dwarven Craftsmanship and The Copper Forge, both story quests I guess?
Or it seems like quest cycling is an option and should be used when you have a generic quest available to do so? Do you decline story quests to try to get access to generic ones often?

Anyway, I guess I just need to plan better and maybe not push ahead so hard at times. But I know last night, I was trying to set my last run of goods production, but exhausted all of my coins with my last set of upgrades. Sadly, there was no other immediate option to try to remedy this. I thankfully had one last Coin Rain to use, and did.

I know I used to have more coins than I knew what to do with, but participating in the Spire, expansion/scouting cost increases, etc... are really mowing through my coins now.

Thank you all for your time!
~E

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Storyline quests are those quests that do not have a 'decline' option*. The quests that have the 'decline' option can be cycled. They're on a loop, so you can decline through them to bring up the quest you want. Then, decline through again. This enables you to get the coin/supply rewards for the things you are doing in your city. For example, if you have 6 workshops are set to produce Adv Tools (3hr production), before collecting, decline through the quests to reach the one that gives coins/supplies for producing Adv Tools 6 times. Then you'll get those rewards when you collect from your workshops. Here's a link to a quest list with rewards. Elven Gems calls them 'generic' quests. Click on the 'Dwarves+' button to bring up the quests that are currently in your rotation (read through and it explains these may vary a bit):
Elven Gems Generic Quests
ElvenGems Storyline Quests Guest Races
*Once you complete the first tech of the next chapter, these quests will have a decline option. There are some odd spots in the game (based on what you've done in your city and when) and you could end up with only one type of quest. Just keep working on your city and completing available quests and they will go back to one of each quest type.

Blue-Iris

Back to the OP's original request. I agree that there aren't enough coin rains in the MA crafting menu. I hardly ever get them. I get tons of supply windfalls, broken shards and time boosts, but hardly any coin rains. I think more should be rotated in.