• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Crafting: Limit Stonehenge Evolutions in Magic Academy Based on Those in Inventory or Placed in City

Gladiola

Stonehenge Artifacts are now going to be a permanent part of the crafting rotation. This will cause some people to rejoice. Others of us will say "meh" because even one Stonehenge is too many OR because we already have a fully evolved Stonehenge.

I would like to propose that for any evolving building for which evolution recipes are available in crafting where the evolutions can only be used on that one building (as opposed to the 2019 phoenixes or bears where artifacts can be used on a number of buildings) and where only one of that building is available (such as mermaid or stonehenge, which will not appear in crafting if there is one in the city or in inventory), once a city has 10 of those artifacts in the inventory, the recipe for that artifact should no longer be available in crafting in that city's MA.

This will relieve some of the potential crowding on the relic/pet food/artifact slot and allow players to have recipes they want more frequently rather than recipes they do not want and cannot use.

A further improvement that would be nice to have but might be more difficult to code:
If a player already has a fully evolved building of that type placed, artifacts for that building will no longer be available in crafting.

What do people think? Is there a downside that I have missed? Do we want to accumulate dozens or hundreds of Stonehenge artifacts?

Gladiola

One downside to the "already placed" part is that if you wanted to use evolutions instead of RRs and craft and evolve a new Stonehenge with every chapter (or every few chapters) you would not be able to do that without removing the existing building. Is this a problem? Would people want to do that? If this is an issue, the rule could be that there could only be up to 10 in the inventory, without regard to whether the building is already placed.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Stonehenge Artifacts are now going to be a permanent part of the crafting rotation.
Wait, permanent? I thought it was on a 6-week rotation. Hmmm that is a bit of an issue then.

Here's the issue I posted in another thread:

Many evolution buildings are good, but not all the time. E.g. I have no mana needs at the moment, but if that changes I'd like to place some evo's that I have banked BUT I'm holding out for the devs to finally get around to making them teleportable.
Until then the hoarding continues.

I've been making sure to get the second base on a few like queen, owl etc so that I could eventually get 18 artifacts and 2 bases.
Being capped at 9 or 10 would suck for me.

the rule could be that there could only be up to 10 in the inventory
Why 10 instead of 9?

DeletedUser27062

Wait, permanent? I thought it was on a 6-week rotation. Hmmm that is a bit of an issue then.

Here's the issue I posted in another thread:

Many evolution buildings are good, but not all the time. E.g. I have no mana needs at the moment, but if that changes I'd like to place some evo's that I have banked BUT I'm holding out for the devs to finally get around to making them teleportable.
Until then the hoarding continues.

I've been making sure to get the second base on a few like queen, owl etc so that I could eventually get 18 artifacts and 2 bases.
Being capped at 9 or 10 would suck for me.

Why 10 instead of 9?
I don't think they're permanent. Artifacts for a single specific evolving building will be limited as far as I know.

DeletedUser27062

Stonehenge Artifacts are now going to be a permanent part of the crafting rotation. This will cause some people to rejoice. Others of us will say "meh" because even one Stonehenge is too many OR because we already have a fully evolved Stonehenge.

I would like to propose that for any evolving building for which evolution recipes are available in crafting where the evolutions can only be used on that one building (as opposed to the 2019 phoenixes or bears where artifacts can be used on a number of buildings) and where only one of that building is available (such as mermaid or stonehenge, which will not appear in crafting if there is one in the city or in inventory), once a city has 10 of those artifacts in the inventory, the recipe for that artifact should no longer be available in crafting in that city's MA.

This will relieve some of the potential crowding on the relic/pet food/artifact slot and allow players to have recipes they want more frequently rather than recipes they do not want and cannot use.

A further improvement that would be nice to have but might be more difficult to code:
If a player already has a fully evolved building of that type placed, artifacts for that building will no longer be available in crafting.

What do people think? Is there a downside that I have missed? Do we want to accumulate dozens or hundreds of Stonehenge artifacts?
The only drawback is getting artifacts for the second base available through events. This would require the limit to be raised to 20 rather than 10.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@helya can you confirm that the Stonehenge recipe is permanent and not part of a 6-week rotation?
Also, is the plan then to add each recipe a short time after they are removed from the spire?

These answers effect how I feel about this idea.

@Gladiola Are you planning to change the suggestion to either "Max artifacts of basesx9" or "18 total" ?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
can you confirm that the Stonehenge recipe is permanent and not part of a 6-week rotation?
I do not believe this is a permanent addition, I think we'll see other Artifacts cycle through the Magic Academy. Nothing has been confirmed by the developers yet though.

Gladiola

If it's not a permanent addition, then I am less eager to see work put into this suggestion. What do others think? @SoggyShorts you are correct that 9 or 18 would be the correct limit, if they decide to implement them. I was not counting the base as stage 1. (On the bright side, that means I will soon have a level 8 fire phoenix, not just stage 7!)

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I'll try and get an actual answer for you this week, but they've been very tight-lipped about when and which artifacts will be offered, so I'm not sure I will be able to get any info.

Soleil Nightbloom

I would like to know how this suggestion would work for the other two phoenixes/ bear artifacts. I have a fully evolved fire phoenix but have a level 1 base for my storm phoenix, so will I still see crafting recipes in my MA to evolve my storm phoenix? Or, will me having a fully evolved fire phoenix in my city cause the crafting recipes to stop? I just want to make sure that if this gets implemented the system picks up on players having different types of phoenixes/ bears in their cities and inventory, for example because I would like to put those different types in my city. Mostly the ones that aid in military, goods production and tournament (polar bear).

Gladiola

@Soleil Nightbloom if you read my original post, the proposal is only for buildings that only have one version of the building that an artifact can be used with, such as Stonehenge, Mermaid's Paradise, etc. Accumulation of the phoenix and bears artifacts for which more than one building type is available would not be limited.

Gladiola

@helya Can we wait a while to see if we can get more information about whether Stonehenge artifacts will be perrmanent or revolving? If they are revolving I am not so worried about them clogging up the artifact slot.