• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Create a holding tank for Goods

Pookatan

I use 0-star trade offers to set aside goods I'll need later in upcoming Technologies, but it ticks off a lot of players for some unknown reason.
Please create a "silo" to keep goods off the Goods inventory display so I don't over-spend and have to wait an extra day to get through a Technology.
Better yet, allow me to pre-pay a Technology!

Kekune

I dunno, it would be nice to be able to set aside or label goods, prepay them, etc. I don't have an opinion on whether that feature *should* exist, but I've definitely experienced this.

Just a couple days ago I was going to upgrade an AW that required sentient goods. I had 2 of the 3 requirements, but was lacking soap. I made note of what I was lacking, went to make some trades, and went to upgrade my AW only to realize I was *now* short on bismuth. Could I have avoided that? Yes, but honestly it's not much fun to sit there and math out the precise balance of scarce goods, and keep cross- checking that I haven't crossed the limit. I would definitely use a feature that allowed me to lock what I needed before I started making transactions with the excess.

Yogi Dave

I use 0-star trade offers to set aside goods I'll need later in upcoming Technologies, but it ticks off a lot of players for some unknown reason.
Would you like to take 0-star trades? I don't. Even 1-star trades I leave alone, with the exception of in my FS when helping members as long as they don't become dependent on them.
allow me to pre-pay a Technology
prepay them
Having the goods when you need them is an important part of the game. I would prefer this not change. It's part of the frustration and planning that goes with the game.

Kekune

Having the goods when you need them is an important part of the game. I would prefer this not change. It's part of the frustration and planning that goes with the game.
This makes sense to me, especially regarding decaying goods.

I guess what I really envision is more of an interface that makes it easier to actually work with goods. Like, "locking" something during a game session so I can't accidentally spend it. If I have 142k bismuth and 87k shrooms and 248 soap and I need to acquire another 53k shrooms without letting my bismuth drop beloe 100k or my soap drop below 200k, and I have to make a quick decision about every single trade offer in the trader because they go fast in global trading... it makes my head spin to keep them all sorted. It would be nice to set a "floor" for my inventory so I can't accidently trade it away because my mental math isn't good enough or my electronic math isn't fast enough.

Sprite1313

This makes sense to me, especially regarding decaying goods.

I guess what I really envision is more of an interface that makes it easier to actually work with goods. Like, "locking" something during a game session so I can't accidentally spend it. If I have 142k bismuth and 87k shrooms and 248 soap and I need to acquire another 53k shrooms without letting my bismuth drop beloe 100k or my soap drop below 200k, and I have to make a quick decision about every single trade offer in the trader because they go fast in global trading... it makes my head spin to keep them all sorted. It would be nice to set a "floor" for my inventory so I can't accidently trade it away because my mental math isn't good enough or my electronic math isn't fast enough.
An interesting idea, but how would that work with decay (trying to think of it from the devs’ perspective). Obviously, we wouldn’t be able to protect those goods from decay, so I wonder if it would cause an issue if you had that “lock” in place when decay hits and you fall below the set floor?

NightshadeCS

If you could partially fill researches or upgrades, I could see this being a benefit. Similar to quests where you click the little plus icon to add goods.

It would throw a wrench in the works with decaying goods, though I suppose they could also just decay from wherever they are applied in the normal fashion.

I also suspect this would take a LOT of effort on the part of the developers. I doubt the work : reward ratio will be favorable enough for them to consider that idea.

NightshadeCS

Oh, I also want to just say to the OP that putting up 0 star trades in order to set aside these goods is a clever workaround, but probably super annoying to the people who trade with you. If that doesn't bother you, ok, but I hope you make a different decision for the sake of humanity (or elfity).

kriz-te

Simliar to how when one places a trade it takes the offered good out of your inventory, one could "activate" by filling it up one requirement at a time. That's maybe the only way I could see a change working, otherwise, yeah. needing to have all the resources at once has a simplicity to it that i appreciate. its this whole understanding of balancing a city to keep progressing that has drawn me in. my FS was happy to take 1 star trades at first and I always told them what I wanted it for. once I was a little more balanced (fixing the over-scouted issue!!) I stopped doing that as soon as I could.