• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forum Create a voting sub-forum

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Create a specific sub-forum for ideas which the moderators have designated as ready for a vote, where users can not create posts or reply, but can vote. When an idea is ready for vote, moderators could clone the original message into the voting forum and attach a poll, then tag the original post with a link to the vote, where it would be free from the vagaries of excited players, while discussion could continue unencumbered in the original thread. Currently nothing stops an inexperienced user from creating an idea and putting a poll on it (with no end date) and marking it as up for voting when it is incomplete and or has other fatal flaws.

Pros: Clarity for users and well defined process should smooth some bumps out of the process of getting ideas improved.

Cons: extra effort for forum mods

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I like it because it clearly cuts off debate and discussion, a line of which I've been guilty of ignoring in the past. Clarity is always better than the lack thereof unless you're guilty and then a lot of fuzziness can only help.

AJ

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Wouldn't it be simpler to block this ability?
If it's simple, that's good for that aspect. The are still things that lack some clarity. They ask us not to modify OPs after the vote is called, but that can still happen. Maybe they can lock a post without looking the thread, but I'm not sure that's a standard forum feature. Overall, I think the suggestion eliminates a lot of potential for mess at a low cost.