• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Creating more troops than you will ever need...

Moho

Chef
it is a bonus
Oh, I see. The question referred strictly to the bonus troops.

I have also noticed that there is a larger quantity of supplies required during the activation of the Brown Bear. I usually use time boosters to benefit from this special effect as much as possible, and the more troops I train the more supplies will be used. I tend to run out of supplies pretty fast on these occasions. But, indeed, the supplies will only be necessary for the troops I train - not for the bonus.

Lady Dastardly

Of course it will require more supplies. You can read for yourself here: Training your Units will cost you Supplies and time. The more Units are trained in a training slot at one time, the more resources are needed to start training and the longer that training will take to complete. Of course, you can always finish the training instantly by paying Premium.
This is referring to training size increases. Feeding the Brown Bear, just like Simia Sapiens, is a bonus number of troops added on to the collection. Neither one increases the training size, so there is no corresponding increase in supply cost or time. Dwarven Bulwark & Shrewdy Shrooms do increase training size, so when you level those up you see your supply costs and time increase.
I have also noticed that there is a larger quantity of supplies required during the activation of the Brown Bear. I usually use time boosters to benefit from this special effect as much as possible, and the more troops I train the more supplies will be used. I tend to run out of supplies pretty fast on these occasions. But, indeed, the supplies will only be necessary for the troops I train - not for the bonus.
Yep, you got it exactly right!

Last edited:

Moho

Chef
Yep, you got it exactly right!
Well, I'm good at creating more troops than I'll ever need. :)

IMG02.jpg

BlueBlade

So are you saying that once you feed the brown bear and then train your troops, you’re only spending supplies on the normal troop amounts and the bonus troops you get from the brown bear bonus are e free?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I may have missed this in the many responses, and if so, I apologize for my error in advance, but one of the things I do to keep my troops balanced is to actually waste the troops I find weak to fight the low level battles. I will use, for instance, Sword Acrobat II"s on low level fights even if I know I'll loose a lot of them. Why? Because once I get to the higher level battles they can't win, and it reserves my other, more powerful troops. That, in turn, reduces the losses at the very top since I still have those most powerful troops with which to fight. I average around 6500 per tournament and can sustain this, and have, for a long time by paying attention to all the GREAT! advice above, along with this small tip.

AJ

Henroo

Oh Wise One
So are you saying that once you feed the brown bear and then train your troops, you’re only spending supplies on the normal troop amounts and the bonus troops you get from the brown bear bonus are e free?
Yes. Say you have a training size of 1000 and that your Brown Bear is fully evolved to stage 10. When you feed Brown Bear, you will continue to pay supplies for 1000 size blocks of troops. And the time your 3 military buildings will take to train them will be unchanged. However when you collect the troops, the 50% bonus from the Brown Bear kicks in and you will receive 1500 troops.

In addition, the bonus is only calculated at collection. So you can train troops all night and feed the Brown Bear first thing in the morning before collecting. Even though the bear was not fed while the troops were being trained overnight, you will still get the bonus when you collect.

SuNaya Dark

if you have space, why not put them out? that's free passive troops to collect & stockpile. no?
No space, unfortunately. And I don't want to use up my Teleport Spells to make room just yet. I'll have several expansions coming when I finally decide to go to Chapter 4.

SuNaya Dark

Question about Troops -
I have the Creepy Clinic, and want to put it in my city for troops. Are the Zombies worth the effort?
Edit - Just read a thread on Creepy Clinic that says it supplies Rangers, not Zombies.
Is this correct?

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
It gives you access to Rangers that you otherwise are not far enough along to train. It likely won't give you enough Rangers to depend/rely on using those units regularly, but for spot use in certain situations, I find it helpful to have some. It does give some pop and culture as well. I have one down in my little city.

Moho

Chef
Question about Troops
I love my Creepy Clinics.

IMG02.jpg

There are a lot of Creepy Clinics in my human city. I go to the top of the Spire on a weekly basis and use Rangers every time I am supposed to deploy Light Ranged Units. My crossbowmen are virtually untouched (over 1000 squads). And yet there are almost 400 squads of Rangers in my Army Camp, produced solely by my Creepy Clinics.

The same goes for the many Valorian Guards and Faineant Frogs in my Army Camp, other two types of valuable troops which I can obtain mainly thanks to the Triumph of the Tides and Azure Stables buildings.

BrinDarby

For those who favor a pure fighting city, a great
way to have more troops that you can ever use
would be to have as many of the event bldgs that
give troops out as you can. There are many good
ones, and a few great ones.....

Having access to troops you cannot yet train, gives
you flexibility in fighting styles, they really add up.

Yogi Dave

They are free in two ways: You don't have to pay hammers or orcs for the bonus troops, nor do they increase training time. This is also true for the Simia Sapien AW.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but having the Martial Monastery/Sanctuary preserves troops by keeping them alive and the twilight phoenix brings up to 5% back, but it has to be fed and is hungry after just 12h. Keeping troops alive is the same as having more troops.

Moho

Chef
Keeping troops alive is the same as having more troops.
I couldn't agree more. This is the reason why my Sanctuary is upgraded almost to the max. I also use the Twilight Phoenix and Vitality Surge instants. Today's Daily Exclusive in the Secrets of Alchemy event is the Vitality Surge and I've saved a lot of currency to obtain as many instants as I can.

IMG02.jpg

Moho

Chef
I also craft Vitality Surge instants in the MA every time I see them. And I'm a regular customer.

This is a 50% Vitality Surge instant:

IMG02.jpg

I collect Vitality Surge instants and use them on a habitual basis (as wisely as I can too). Here are the instants in this particular city:

IMG01.png

Last edited: