• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Creating space for Sorcerers and Dragons

• Thread starter Deleted User - 841850
  • Start date

Deleted User - 841850

As usual I'm at that juncture where I sweat buckets about what to keep and what to toss. While I'm really a lot less anxious than I used to be, I still can't see the forest for the trees!

I am in the process of completing the last 3 researches of Woodelves and will then need the advance scouts before I do anything in the next chapter, but I figured that this would be a good time to "get all my ducks in a row" by planning things out.

First question, should I keep Willows for their mana or toss 'em all? I'm thinking that maybe I will need a few, but it would solve a lot of space problems if I could get rid of most or all.

Second question, I see that while I will not have to change marble size, I will have to for gems and crystal, as well as for my residences. To make room, should I sell some of those current buildings, particularly some of the residences? Also should I try to find the space to upgrade some of the military installations?

Third question, I've got all 5 set pieces from this current event, which I'm guessing make Kirit Weasel and Cornucopia obsolete and headed for disenchantment.. Should I try somehow to "shoe horn" all of them in or are there particular ones that are best?

Fourth question, usually it's good practice to upgrade the portal to the max, but at 10x10 this one takes the cake! Should I try for that anyway, also "gamers gems" recommends 3 arcane and necromancy and 2 alchemy faculties so I'm guessing it's a good idea to follow that, at least initially, right?

Lastly should I try to make room for at least another Woodelves Habitat? Because while those eat up space, they give good pop.

To anyone who can do so, thank you for reading this. I always appreciate the advice.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm not prepared to answer all of that, but here are some highlights

You'll need more mana than ever. The willows are less efficient than one of the first techs in sorcerers, the Arcane Library. So one of my first acts was to tear down two willows and put in three libraries in the same space. Eventually I replaced all of my willows with libraries, but I was sad, as the willows are very attractive.

From the Carnival set, the "Revelers fountain" is particularly useful at producing Mana, but only if you can get the other four touching it. set up as a full set, I'm getting over 35,000 Mana from it. I was inside Halflings when I won them. Because you haven't finished woodelves, your take will be lower. They use a nice rectangle, so if you can come up with about 10X5 squares, I think they are well worth it. Together, the set is also making me 700k coins, 85k supplies, 8200 elixir, and 3900 divine seeds

You rarely have an option when it comes to upgrading the portals. Without the upgrade, the Campus won't store enough of the limited resources to complete the final techs, so you can't even do it.

The wood elves habitats are not going to be useful in a couple of chapters. You can't upgrade them. Pretty soon they will be a waste of space. You'd be better hoarding your last few candies to try to get the final day "Elven Float" which gives more pop and more culture in less space.

DeletedUser9601

As usual I'm at that juncture where I sweat buckets about what to keep and what to toss. While I'm really a lot less anxious than I used to be, I still can't see the forest for the trees!

I am in the process of completing the last 3 researches of Woodelves and will then need the advance scouts before I do anything in the next chapter, but I figured that this would be a good time to "get all my ducks in a row" by planning things out.

First question, should I keep Willows for their mana or toss 'em all? I'm thinking that maybe I will need a few, but it would solve a lot of space problems if I could get rid of most or all.

Second question, I see that while I will not have to change marble size, I will have to for gems and crystal, as well as for my residences. To make room, should I sell some of those current buildings, particularly some of the residences? Also should I try to find the space to upgrade some of the military installations?

Third question, I've got all 5 set pieces from this current event, which I'm guessing make Kirit Weasel and Cornucopia obsolete and headed for disenchantment.. Should I try somehow to "shoe horn" all of them in or are there particular ones that are best?

Fourth question, usually it's good practice to upgrade the portal to the max, but at 10x10 this one takes the cake! Should I try for that anyway, also "gamers gems" recommends 3 arcane and necromancy and 2 alchemy faculties so I'm guessing it's a good idea to follow that, at least initially, right?

Lastly should I try to make room for at least another Woodelves Habitat? Because while those eat up space, they give good pop.

To anyone who can do so, thank you for reading this. I always appreciate the advice.

To Ashrem's point, keep your Willows. But focus on unlocking Arcane Libraries ASAP. And when you're re-organizing your city, move your WWs to a location where you can easily delete 1 WW and add a Library. Willows are 5x5 and Libraries are 3x5. So I think if you have your Willows running north to west, it works out. Does that make sense? Much easier to do this in between chapter, when you've cleared out all your woodelf portal stuff. Plus, the gold/supplies you earn when you delete a WW pay for like 50% of a new Library. So it works out well. And don't sweat the culture loss.

Your tier2/3 and residence question is a tough one. I recall S&D residences being a nice boost. But ultimately you'll need to do the math. Do you currently make an excess of T2/T3? If so, maybe cut down on a T2. But plan your city knowing that you'll need to re-orient your residences. I think when I did S&D, I build 2-3 new residences from scratch, and went from 4-3 T2. But its all about playstyle.

What chapter were you in when you got Kirit? My general feel is that sets are all-or-nothing. Either keep them around for the full 3 or 4-set bonus, or dump them when they get obsolete. I'm guessing they're at least from Orcs? If so, it might make sense to dump them. But you can wait on that. It will take a month or so to get your campus and level 4 buildings up and running. So you should have some decent extra space for a bit.

Definitely plan on following GamersGems (l3vel 4 portal; max buildings around the portal). S&D is a slow chapter, and its infinitely slower (due to how apprentices are produced) if you don't max your campus and build all the buildings.

Don't build Woodelves Habitats, delete the ones you have, and fill that empty space with level 1 residences (and slowly level them to max). It won't be a huge difference now, but in Halflings it will be a lifesaver.

DeletedUser2768

Ditch them for the Libraries as soon as you can. I waited and waited and wish I'd changed over sooner.

This level grants a few more levels to your T2 factories. I have 3 and I'm doing pretty good. I don't think they're maxed either. I'll leave the military stuff to those that fight. As for your houses, I'm nearing the end of the chapter and I'm only now needing to upgrade my houses. Make them a low priority if you don't need the pop.

Keep whatever gives you the most bang for you buck. I wound up giving up on the event half way through. The rewards weren't worth the effort for me.

Yes, upgrade the portal. Build necromancers last. I think I built them first, and I'm flooded with them and nowhere to use them. The glass vial people (arcane?) I never have enough of.

I think I built them for the quest, then sold them. Seems like those are a personal preference thing.

Deleted User - 841850

Thanks for all the info. Right about now I'm regretting my initial build plan, At first I thought this was like Minecraft, so built everything towards defending my city (hey, don't make fun, the only world building game that I ever played was Minecraft so cut me a little slack :)).In the beginning culture was on the perimeter then workshops and barracks, etc then residences in the middle. I even had 2 flying boats with tethers placed to be immediately accessible for the pop! By the time I figured out what the game was all about, the shape of the city and placement of buildings made it difficult to box it out and I ended up with oddly placed extensions. Soggy Shorts saved my game going into Orcs and Dragons but I'm still contending with my patchwork city, so Sorcerers and Dragons is going to be a real challenge (I'm working on solving provinces to get another expansion so that should help) I'm really grateful for all of your advice, thank you again.

DeletedUser2768

I'll be honest: I find you a little silly, and sometimes ridiculous. BUT!!! You listen to advice and try hard to improve your city and your game play. For that, you are amusing and not annoying. I'm happy to help you out, to the best of my ability, as often as you need.

Hey,momestar! I agree with much of the above. You will want to upgrade your campus for the reasons listed above, resource capacity & space for your other buildings around it. I'm gradually getting rid of willows & replacing with libraries but I miss the willow artwork but the libraries are more efficient at mana production. Others have posted plenty for you to consider re: your additional questions. GL !!

bkbajb

All great points above but where are you with the map expansions? I do admit that I have scouted too far but the expansions are great. I am near the end of S&D and have completed 400 provinces which is a pain and I am over paying for them but I wanted the space.

Deleted User - 841850

All great points above but where are you with the map expansions? I do admit that I have scouted too far but the expansions are great. I am near the end of S&D and have completed 400 provinces which is a pain and I am over paying for them but I wanted the space.
I have 257 expansions at this time and as I need the space I'm trying to conquer more.