• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Critical Success?

YarL

Last week on Tuesday I brewed and received 5 different effects. I had a 50% chance of each effect being a Critical Effect. If I was told whether any of the results were Critical Successes, I didn’t notice it.

Scouring the wiki I found something that indicates that a Critical Success increases the duration of the effect. I have a vague memory that effects can become permanent. Does anyone else remember hearing that?

More than 6 days later I still seem to have 3 effects still active. Only one of my effects was over 3 days in duration.

The 3 effects are: a boost in Unarium production in the Advanced Trader, a boost in gold production in the Golden Abyss and Magic Residence taxes, and a boost in supplies from at least my Prosperity Towers.

So, has anyone else seen results like that? Is that a bug or are Critical Successes sometimes permanent? Should I have kept my mouth closed?

I will brew now and see what happens to those effects.

BTW, my Levels in those 3 effects ranged from 50 to 90.

YarL

I brewed pretty much at random, like I usually do. I don’t really care which effects I get except I would rather not get an effect that is potentially a permanent effect.

I still see the bonuses. I took screen shots. I will try to figure out which screen shot might provide useful information.

YarL

D25C4869-EDD5-49BE-8722-EF6472E855BD.jpeg

Notice production is 9.0m/3h. However, on the bottom you can see it is going to 15.3m/3h.

Count Rupert

The 15.3 million at the bottom might not be from the cauldron spell, it could be from cultural bonus. If you mouse over the coin it'll show you that 9m is the base and it will show you where the 6.3 million is coming from.

Count Rupert

And as far as I can see, the part that is permanent is the spell effect research. It'll improve the stats for the spells make the brew over the base value. The spells themselves are not permanent.

YarL

9D97C8C2-97EE-443C-AAAB-9B118AF3F203.jpeg

Here is one of this week’s results. It does make clear when there is a critical effect. Not as good as a permanent effect… but still a good result.