• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Crowdsourcing changes to Enar's embassy?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
But, it's such a shame! It is arguably one of the most beautiful buildings in the game. We used to build and sell an AW we knew we'd never build to break runes. Whenever I had the space, I'd use Enar's and keep it around at lvl 1 until I absolutely needed the space back. Just so pretty.
There's frequently suggestions for a new AW to do [x,y,z] but the problem becomes: AW's are in place at least through Ch20. Maybe some of those ideas might lend themselves to a restructuring of Enar's. I forget which chapter we get it in and tbh exactly what it does now, lol! I'll try to look that up tomorrow and give that part of it more thought. I know we're going to have to take into consideration the point where you get it in the game.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
It is a Wood Elf chapter Wonder, reduces mana decay and gives a broken rune shard.
Agreed.
It's unbelievably useless, because the promises to provide more uses for broken rune shards aren't worth the spit behind them. They've been singing this same song since the S&D Q&A, iirc. And what did we get? One pathetic recipe in the MA, and gee, more Wonders every chapter. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@Lelanya it doesn't reduce mana decay (that is Maze of the Dark Matter), it provides mana per scout. But as scout times increase, it becomes less and less useful. Though maybe people will reconsider now that Ch20 gives a scout time reducing wonder.

The broken runeshard per week is not worth it given we get those in tournament. It is the least popular wonder in my current and previous alliance when I keep stats.
image_2022-10-25_191331226.png

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So what should an embassy do? Something about trade, or visits, or stay with scouting but make it more useful?
  • Expand your trading area beyond your scouts?
  • Provide a second scout?
  • Mark neighbours who haven't played in a month?
  • Affect portal storage for guest races?
  • Produce a PP the equivalent of a PP like "refill your portal with X% of it's capacity every morning?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So what should an embassy do?

If Inno were to change it at all, it would have to be to something that does not give an immediate and unfair advantage to the people who have built it and leveled it up. So likely something minor, like changing the broken shard to a coin rain or supply instant.

Oh, and while I never built it, for the people saying one broken shard per week is horrible, if you level it to 30, it gives 7 broken shards per week, so less horrible if you need broken shards to build a new AW, or if you are at one of the shard levels. And now that all rune shards are worth 10 or 15 KP when used to level a Wonder, broken shards also have a slightly larger window to not be a horrible prize. I still won't build it, but more people might.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If Inno were to change it at all, it would have to be to something that does not give an immediate and unfair advantage to the people who have built it and leveled it up. So likely something minor, like changing the broken shard to a coin rain or supply instant.
Personally, I think anyone who bothered to build and level it deserves a significant payoff.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
So what should an embassy do?
Sorta thinking out loud here:
I'm trying to think of something that helps primarily negotiating/catering/diplomacy. For example: I'd think an embassy involved in reducing tariffs or other 'fees' between player cities/surrounding provinces would be appropriate. Inno has said the majority of encounters are completed using negotiation/catering. I don't know if they were including Spire encounters in that statement. From what I see, there are way more AW's available to combat cities than to catering cities. Since I *think* most cities are hybrid fight/cater cities, the improvement would help help those cities as well as cater-only cities.
As a mostly combat player, it's hard for me to come up with ideas of 'how'. The only AW for fighters that improves all troops is the Monastery/Sanctuary. So, I'm thinking something modeled after that 'health' increase. But, I'm not sure what caterers need. Maybe it should be more targeted than that. I know we get the excuses of 'but I'm out of [coins/supplies/mana/orcs], so funneling more goods won't help me'. I'm never sure about those items being an issue, especially if it's a city past S&D. There is also an issue with maintaining sentient goods once they are introduced in the Spire. Since I've used diplomacy in a maximum of 2 Spire encounters since it launched, I don't know if the amounts of sentient goods needed is reasonable or not. Maybe a percentage reduction of all encounter costs that starts out small and increases with upgrades? It might be hard to apply this to map province encounters: there's already something in place that reduces costs from Adv Scouts. That's been in place for years, possibly a legacy build that's difficult to modify. But, I'd think something that just applied to the tourney/Spire encounters would be welcomed by the players.
So long as they don't go fiddling around with the current formula for Spire/tourneys, lol! Not that it doesn't need some work (seriously: in a city building game, your costs for the same rewards increases as you grow. What?) But, with MinMax no longer around, I wouldn't want a change to the formula. The devil you know and all that...

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'd be in favor of it reducing catering costs. We have all sorts of ways to improve our fighting, but none really for reducing our catering costs. Perhaps just 1 percent per level would really give the catering crowd a boost. And since most players eventually switch to fighting as they grow larger, it would really help the medium size player.

AJ

StarLoad

My initial reactions aside, I have to ask
1. Has INNO ever adjusted the base type of a wonder before? Outside of fixing a known issue or a nerf to its value(which I think they did) . I mean a wholesale change like changing the GA to give you supplies not coins type of change?
2. What would INNO gain by making a change like this?

Ed

iamthouth

Tetris Master
.........There is also an issue with maintaining sentient goods once they are introduced in the Spire. Since I've used diplomacy in a maximum of 2 Spire encounters since it launched, I don't know if the amounts of sentient goods needed is reasonable or not. ......
Amounts of sentient goods in spire is ok, I prepare with about 40K of each type each week. With a high lvl Timewarp and Vortex of Storage Sentient production is ample. What you use varies, depends on how many repeats of a spire round you need to do.

Count Rupert

Oh, and while I never built it, for the people saying one broken shard per week is horrible, if you level it to 30, it gives 7 broken shards per week, so less horrible if you need broken shards to build a new AW, or if you are at one of the shard levels. And now that all rune shards are worth 10 or 15 KP when used to level a Wonder, broken shards also have a slightly larger window to not be a horrible prize. I still won't build it, but more people might.
The problem is if you're doing events you're getting a steady supply of Ferris Wheel Galores which can be used to produce a broken shard a day without spending a ton of KPs to level a wonder to level 30. And they have the advantage of being able to produce something else if you don't need or want broken shards.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The problem is if you're doing events you're getting a steady supply of Ferris Wheel Galores which can be used to produce a broken shard a day without spending a ton of KPs to level a wonder to level 30. And they have the advantage of being able to produce something else if you don't need or want broken shards.

One Ferris Wheel every two months is not a "steady supply". That means if you want to put out 10 at a time, to fill a shard spot each day, you have to wait close to 2 years before you have 10 of them. I should know, because I did just that a couple of months ago because I had several Wonders hitting level 10 in quick succession. And these were end-chapter Wonders, so almost no rune shards stockpiled for any of them.

Heymrdiedier

how about we make it reduce the amount of broken shards needed to make a new runeshard out of it. This way its in the same category of use, but a lot more appealing. Personally the broken runeshards are not very usefull very long, sooner or later you will loose out on broken shards because your cap is full, so that wouldnt be a huge buff either

And if we wanna do something about the scouting part: we could make it reduce the cost for a scout, but that would make it too powerfull. We could change it so a scout just give you a certain amount of goods. In the same way it works for lighthouse in nh chests, or like it works for tome (which is based on you hammer capacity, but then for city hall level so same amount as wholesalesman gives)

those would work in my opinion to improve it, but not turn it from weakest to strongest wonder.

PS: wouldnt this topic belong more in the suggestions section then on general?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Has INNO ever adjusted the base type of a wonder before?
I don't think they have, and I'm not sure it would even be considered. I'm looking at this as a way to suss out ideas/interest. I also think other AW rewards aged better over time than Enar's did. Players may value broken shards more at that point in the game, but even with the newly assigned value of 1-1.5kp per broken shard, they quickly get to the point where there is little perceived value on the part of the customer.
2. What would INNO gain by making a change like this?
I don't see a direct gain. There are 'gains' that are not measurable, like customer appreciation/loyalty, but I don't know how INNO values those gains.
Besides, you made me think of something else, and it's a con, not a pro:
Enar's was introduced before I started playing the game in March 2017 when the last available chapter was Ch10 S&D. Over the years I have heard terms such as 'underlying architecture' and 'legacy coding' and have a very basic, general understanding of what they mean. Could those terms apply to the AW's as well as things like building rotation? I don't know, but I'd sure like to hear from someone with more knowledge about those things.
make it reduce the amount of broken shards needed to make a new runeshard out of it
That's an idea! For some reason, they seem to not want to increase the storage capacity for broken shards. There are always complaints about that, but as pointed out above, increasing places we can spend them hasn't helped much either.
Still, I'm stuck on:
'It's such a pretty building! Please help me justify using the space to keep it in my city.'

Katwick

Cartographer
I'd like to see a AW Rune Conversion feature. Perhaps a straight:
2 Runes of any type yields​
1 Rune of a desired type​
on a 48 hour timer​
or an early chapter AW that used a configurable Rune Wheel for EACH chapter-locked level, that could be filled by various Runes and would then generate some Runes for the pair of AW's at the end of the current chapter.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
or an early chapter AW that used a configurable Rune Wheel for EACH chapter-locked level, that could be filled by various Runes and would then generate some Runes for the pair of AW's at the end of the current chapter.

If you were around in the old days, as you say, then you remember when any time we received a random rune shard, that it could be for any Wonder in the game? And then they changed that in the last year or two, so that a random shard can only be for a Wonder we have researched. So I seriously doubt they would go to something similar to the old way.