• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Crowdsourcing changes to Enar's embassy?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The Scout Tavern reduces the length of time it will take the scout to finish once it is launched. It may also reduce the cost of launching the scout which I really didn't notice.
The unscouted world map provinces will require less troops and lesser catering amounts if the time is reduced (by advanced scout or scouting tavern) before they are scouted.

This is key:
The cost to cater a province is(was?) directly linked to the cost to scout it.
  • If the Scout's tavern reduces scout time by reducing the coin cost, then it should indeed also reduce catering costs.
  • If the Scout's tavern reduces scout time by some other method then it probably won't
So which is it? When you place a level 1 ST does the cost to scout instantly decrease by 6%, or only the time?

Notes:
1. already scouted provinces have their costs locked in and wouldn't be effected by ST either way.
2. prior to the ST the cater costs were determined by the coin cost as was the time to scout. It's possible that the cater costs were actually based on time to scout-- it was impossible to tell since coin&time always changed together (by number scouted, ring, and adv. scouts tech)

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
The cost to cater a province is(was?) directly linked to the cost to scout it.

I have on my world map provinces that I have not completed, but scouted before taking the advanced scouting research in chapter 20, and they do have a significantly higher cater cost than the ones I scouted afterwards.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I have on my world map provinces that I have not completed, but scouted before taking the advanced scouting research in chapter 20, and they do have a significantly higher cater cost than the ones I scouted afterwards.
Ok, good so that hasn't changed.

But does the ST reduce the scouting cost&time, or just time?
The wiki description says time, but I was under the impression that they were linked

Pheryll

Set Designer
The wiki description says time, but I was under the impression that they were linked

I am also under the impression that they are linked. That said @able99 does have the wonder and thus should be able to check on upgrade, while I only have verification from a third party and am not yet able to test it myself.

I believe originally advanced scouts only said time, and now displays all the linked benefits.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That's an issue I hadn't thought about. I was thinking along the lines of improving the ability to be competitive in tourneys for caterers. I'm primarily a fighter, so I don't have any personal experience with costs of catering. Everything I've seen indicates that players who are primarily caterers are hamstrung in this game if they want to compete with either fighters or fight/cater hybrid cities consistently in tourney scores. That's not the case for players who are primarily fighters. Basically, I was trying to think of a way to level the playing field a bit for caterers.
Maybe there's a different way to structure it that avoids the mandatory Scout's Tav/Enar's quandary? Maybe we could work on what we think that could look like.
I'm not even sure @Ashrem is still interested in trying to develop this idea, and ya can't blame him, lol! This is a tough crowd!
Interested is a strong word. I think there's room for an answer, but there's little chance I'd want to make room for it in my city anyway, so at best the interest is mild. If a consensus emerges I'd polish to OP, but I didn't see much sign of consensus. Might be better if someone who thinks they have to right answer were to create their won idea when this one ages out.