• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Crystal Lighthouse Poll

• Thread starter DeletedUser2870
  • Start date

What is the MAIN reason for building/upgrading your CL/BT

• Total voters

DeletedUser2870

Since so many people keep telling me the dev team is right and most people built the CL or Bell for the enhanced duration of NH, while almost everyone I speak to says they built it for the goods I decided to add a little poll.
Lets see if we can get some clarity here.

My reason for putting this up is that I've spoken to about 100 players and around 90% of them say the goods are/were the MAIN reason for upgrading their CL/BT, while the dev team and customer support keep telling us most people put it up for the enhanced duration.
Now I know around 100 people may not be statistically enough, but its more than I've seen from the dev-team.
So I hope to get quite a bit of votes here to see why people built it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2870

Ok, for myself it was right from the start about the goods. The enhanced duration is a nice side effect, but since I dont care about a high culture bonus since I deem it hardly worth anything that's all it is.

DeletedUser2870

@bard7912
Hmm...I was going for the MAIN reason, but I guess you're right. Can't change it now though

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7367

upload_2017-10-1_9-22-32.png
I'm in that 83,3% group, yet all I tend to receive from Forum members, no worse or better than me, is/are PERSONAL attacks!!! My PEEVE is with INNO, guys.... not ANY of you, unless you care to take your gloves off when addressing me!! WAKE UP... We've been played!

DeletedUser8752

Considering I deleted all my culture when I hit orcs and won't rebuild till woodelves... high culture bonus is... nice... but not really important to me.. at all at this stage.

It was a deciding factor, though, when I have culture I want it high. So I was like Oh goody. An AW that gives me goods (which I always desperately need especially t2) and bonus longer help

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
The lighthouse is not something you get very early in the game.
I'm not the most advanced player here, I'm about 3/4 way through Orcs.
But culture has become increasing less important to me.
I don't really have much trouble keeping my coin or tool inventory up.
If I am typical, then that means most players advanced enough to have built and leveled the Lighthouse must be into it for the goods.

btw

As has been mentioned elsewhere, many of us represent our 'silent majority' FS members.
And I can tell you. none of the other 22 people in my FS have expressed pleasure with this change.

DeletedUser2870

The lighthouse is not something you get very early in the game.
I'm not the most advanced player here, I'm about 3/4 way through Orcs.
But culture has become increasing less important to me.
I don't really have much trouble keeping my coin or tool inventory up.
If I am typical, then that means most players advanced enough to have built and leveled the Lighthouse must be into it for the goods.

btw

As has been mentioned elsewhere, many of us represent our 'silent majority' FS members.
And I can tell you. none of the other 22 people in my FS have expressed pleasure with this change.

Yes, I mentioned that in several other posts: the ones coming to the forum often represent several other players since not everyone comes to the forum. In my FSs, both on Elcysandir and on the dutch server, only a handful (at best) come to the forum, the rest will gain relevant information from the ones who do, and seem content with that, or they would come to look for more themselves.
And in neither of my FSs anyone is happy about this and NOT A SINGLE PLAYER who has the CL up feels its an improvement or is getting more out of it.

DeletedUser11378

Dev team: You need to understand this: You may think you are the masters of us all, that you can change things how you see fit, that you don't have to listen to players, even those who take the extra steps to get on beta, or who volunteer in other ways. If that is what you believe, you are WRONG. There is an assumed social contract. You set up the rules and it's up to us to find ways of making it work for us. That is all well and good -- but after we've found ways to make it work for us, it really pisses us off when you change that, despite widespread dissent among the players. Keep that up devs, keep disrespecting us by ignoring our complaints, and we'll just LEAVE you. You are not the only game in town!

DeletedUser7367

DEVs>>>????<<< Wake up and smell the coffee....in our micro-poll over 88% hate the boosted goods 'pilfering'.. I have NO need to visit 100's around my 268 provinces..... gold? resources? pffftt..... You're killing your creation.... I used to gain 166 boosted goods w/ every visit Now you nerf the Lighthouse and hurt, far more than help 'your cause' of doing the right thing..... The feeling's gone... for many of us.... if you continue 'down this road'.

DeletedUser188

I am definitely in the minority on this
The main reason I built any of the AWs has been to use them to dump extra KPs into

DeletedUser4219

I have 388 provinces but only 238 neighbors. I was getting 237 of either my Marble, Crystal, or Gems each time I visit my neighbors. That is a total 56,406 in goods split between the three although most go to the Marble. But that is 56,406 daily since I have always visited ALL my neighbors 6 of the seven days a week which can take me about an hour of playing time each day, but I am retired so I now have plenty of time. The stupid, unfair change of goods only when a chest is available nets me 2500 approximately so only 7500 or if I am lucky to get 6 chest 15000. I lose 41,406 each day and since their is only six chest total or three depending, the goods can be all one type instead of being split between all three. This is just another example of INNO games foolish, unfair, nerfing of the game. They have additionally made the combat harder for the third time in about as many months. This has got to stop. I am already boycotting the FS tournament since it is just a diamond or money enriching scheme and the prizes are pure crap in consideration of the time and effort. But if you do not make your voices known, they will continue to fatally tweak and nerf the game until all the fun is goon not to mention the complete lack of fairness it demonstrates by the company. Of my neighbors, I have seven who have quit the game or asked that their cities be deleted. I have been a gamer for over thirty years and NEVER have I been a part of a game so one sided and unfriendly to players. This is bad on so many levels. "When you feed the beast it will finally devower
you in the end"

DeletedUser2870

I built it for the cliff building, sold it through orcs and rebuilt it for the cliff building.

Well, thats a nice reason, but since I almost always have the graphic settings on low it doesnt matter to me as I dont see them.
A shame not every AW has a background, with only a few showing, because then it might be a reason for more players

DeletedUser3297

Well, thats a nice reason, but since I almost always have the graphic settings on low it doesnt matter to me as I dont see them.
A shame not every AW has a background, with only a few showing, because then it might be a reason for more players

The devs either ran out of room on the cliffs or just got really lazy after fairies. Judging by the differences in buildings between humans and elvs, the devs are lazy and do not care about the graphics as much as they once did.

DeletedUser3468

I built mine for the goods, not the culture assist. Most of my cities are doing just fine (as in 170%) with minimal buffs from my fellowship members and neighbors. As I've stated before, getting goods in addition to coins when visiting neighbors or fellowship members who hadn't visited me made it seem more worthwhile to visit them! I not only don't like the reduction in good, I also do not like having to waste time hunting for the chests to receive the goods, especially when they don't even register until the next person visited. For myself, it is also adding stress to my already messed up right wrist and shoulder having to search for the chests... and, yes, hunting for hazelnuts or whatever during special events is also a major strain but I'll do it and just deal with using my pain meds the full 3 times a day rather than the 2 that I prefer to keep it down to.

Aside from my own feelings about this, since so many of my fellowship members don't come to the forums (I'm in 5 fellowships and I've only seen one here on the forums... Hi tagg!) the opinions expressed by members who have these two AWs have all been negative, all hate the change.

As for the cliff art... personally I'd prefer to see more custom avatars and see them in both genders! The special ones for the wonders are fairly androgynous - if you squint a bit - but it would be really nice to have both genders and both human and elf versions. I'd prefer that to more cliff art. I love the guest race avatars (two of each gender - at least for the dwarf and fairy sections) and don't understand why they can't do the same for the AWs. (sorry for going off topic...:oops: )

Deleted User - 1528929

when I first built the wonder it was for extension in duration of CP bonus. The goods were tiny amounts, but as the level of the wonder increased, the goods became primary reason to keep it and to keep upgrading as well as to do all 128 neighborly visits a day. Now there's no incentive to do more than golden hands, or to bother upgrading any longer. Good job, INNO. Trashed one of the best AW's you had.