• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Crystal Tournament

DeletedUser20414

These frog princes are ridiculous guys. Im doing manual battles and Im getting decimated before I can even get to them. This is the first go around. Whats it going to be like when the provinces are 4 or 5 stars. I have already lost almost 35,000 men. How are people going to want to play if you make it harder for Fellowships to get chests completed? Its one thing to fight them but half of these battles you can't get close until Rd 3.

DeletedUser20414

One other thing. I catered a third of the battles because the terrain was so ridiculous with the amount of frogs I was facing that if I attempted to fight I would have about 4k in casualties just to get in range on these outer provinces.

DeletedUser20414

Sanctuary is a 16 as is my Needle. Troops are 3 star. Using LVL 10 Fire Phoenix. I can kill them. Its the losses. The ground is horrible. The frogs stack damage. I have to throw away ranged to kill mages or his frogs kill that stack and have shots left for the next. This is the worst lvl 1 I have ever seen. I don't like doing autos because it takes the fun out of the game. I used to be a rated member of the US Chess Federation. I play this game for the tourneys. When you lose paladins at over 200 a stack and 1500 crossbowmen, or 280 mages it gets expensive. I expected to take massive ranged damage to my light ranged. I didn't expect to have to change to all paladin and watch him drop 2 full stacks every battle till I got to him. I hope they disappear these frogs. Or cut their damage by about a qtr. I have never in the year and a half I have been playing seen casualties like this on day 1.

DeletedUser20414

Reason I use certain ranged units on day 1 is to practice for day 4. Day 1 I know my losses will be high to a degree. Days 3 and 4 I know what combos to use because I know on those 2 days I have to know what the units are going to key on and what does it take to reach them. Because I know if I get this same combo on these maps Im not going far. Those mages have to die. You cant poke a mage on a 5 star map once thinking he will die. That's why you have to be creative. I practice that on Day 1. What Im telling you is if these combos dont change on day 4 It wont matter if you have a maxed sanctuary and dwarven armor building. Im usually Top 50 every tourney. I haven't broken Top 1000 yet on my city ranking. I don't like catering. Or auto. That's boring. I wouldn't play this game if not for manual.

WolfSinger

I do have all the AWs - and all are at lvl 11 or higher. I auto fight and only use Barracks Troops (I needed space and took out my Training Grounds and the oMerc Camp) - While I lost several more battles than normal - It still wasn't too bad.

I cater the first page of encounters and fight only to the second star on the next two pages. - Not chasing a high score - only KP and the 10th chest within my resources. Still have over 300 squads each for my troops after completing all but 5 provinces to the 2nd star this morning. Was around 400 - 425 squads each when started (have not used my brown bear to refill)

DeletedUser20414

You waste more men on auto. The AI never retreats. I hit and run a lot depending on the map and the units Im facing. There are a lot of times I don't even advance on the first turn. I stay as is till Rd 2. Depends on chokepoints and his units. Normally on Day 1 battles I lose a half stack or less per battle. Im losing over 4 times that. Brown Bear or no Brown Bear that's a ridiculous increase. That's a 400% climb in casualties on Day 1. What I lost today is a cumulative effect for later. Im Archmage for my FS. We are ranked around #150. We average 6 chests a tourney. But that's with me scoring 3500 points or more each time. My people right now that are facing these frogs are having to cater already. They are normally fighters like me. We all have 5 armories put up. They just don't have their sanctuary where mine is at. Some cant make the troops I can. So if we struggle at all on Day 1 we will lose a chest. To us that's unacceptable.

qaccy

Yeah, Frog Princes are a significant upgrade for the NPCs over the Crazy Cannoneers they replaced. They hit about 40% harder while also having 20% more health. But that's because Cannoneers are absolutely terrible units. Fortunately province #20 has a 5-enemy encounter in it that includes frogs so I'm able to put up some comparisons between the three 'long range' units:

Squad size 3573
893x Frog Prince: 51,615~69,833 damage, 223,250 health
893x Faineant Frog II: 44,650~66,082 damage, 205,390 health
596x Rad Mortar: 42,316~70,328 damage, 178,800 health
596x Crazy Cannoneer: 29,800~49,468 damage, 190,720 health

It's apparent that Frogs are the best of the three stat-wise, but it's more important to note just how bad Cannoneers are. Even if they hit for max damage, they're still always going to be weaker than a Frog Prince. Even 2* Frogs are arguably better, though that one's a bit more up in the air because they lack a debuff. I included Mortars just to show how much better the Human unit is than the NPC one. Anyone who hates Mortars or says they're bad units, take a look at Cannoneers and see just how easy we have it whenever we have to face off against them.

DeletedUser20414

Lastly this is the main point Im making. When people are putting in more effort and get less rewards in return... ie these chests. They will quit. It makes it look like that the powers that be are more interested in separation in chest payout from the haves and have nots, than they are about fair game play. When people start seeing an issue and start talking about it amongst themselves it creates hard feelings. Hard feelings means people will simply quit and play something else. Right now I have over 200 provinces scouted. I may have 5 people who are daily players in that entire area, maybe 3 or 4 others that are part time. Rest have quit playing.

DeletedUser20414

I do have all the AWs - and all are at lvl 11 or higher. I auto fight and only use Barracks Troops (I needed space and took out my Training Grounds and the oMerc Camp) - While I lost several more battles than normal - It still wasn't too bad.

I cater the first page of encounters and fight only to the second star on the next two pages. - Not chasing a high score - only KP and the 10th chest within my resources. Still have over 300 squads each for my troops after completing all but 5 provinces to the 2nd star this morning. Was around 400 - 425 squads each when started (have not used my brown bear to refill)

This is the problem I have with your reply. You are saying its not too bad. You are in an FS that already is getting its 10 chests. So what Im basically getting from you is so what, tough, you guys don't deserve the chests you get if you can't compensate. No empathy. No nothing. This is THE main reason I don't ever come on discussion boards. Because the people that's played the longest care the least. Well let me tell you something. If you are a moderator here you either need to start learning to understand where the person is on a complaint, or resign. Because your bedside manner is really lacking. This isn't just about me. Its effecting the 22 other people in my FS.

DeletedUser20414

I think the major population in this forum are adults and conduct themselves as such.
Too bad your having so many problems but maybe calm down a wee bit?
No one here is attacking you. I hope you have better luck the next tourney. :D

Get well soon! I'm working on my bedside manner......

If you get your 10 then good for you, but don't sit here and tell me its not harder for the smaller FS's when you add 25% more hit points, add a ton of damage, and forced to walk a 3 to 4 rd gauntlet across the radius of a map on half of these maps. Calm down? Im not mad, yet. Besides who are you to tell people how to act? I don't see how you can say sorry, then cavalierly make light of it. When you make light of this you are basically saying whatever to not just me. You are saying it to every smaller FS. Also I addressed the comment to another individual. Now do you feel you have to jump in between a disagreement between two people all the time? He is an adult. He has reply capability. What Im starting to see here already is that people want a reason to jump in and say all is well when it isn't. I didn't make this thread for me. I made it for my FS who are not happy about this. If it was just me and not the group I wouldn't have said a word. I spend everything I have on them. So they can do the AW round robin we have to help one another with the KPs awarded in these chests. I get my KPs off Rd 2 provinces. They can't because half of them are less than 10k in score. So to say better luck next time is totally uncalled for.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
i just saw my first three star frog princes today. Orc chapter. They are brutal. I had one auto fight battle with nearly all frog princes and me using all mages (strong to frog prince) Auto battle ended, Defeat. I lost every unit. They did not lose a single one. As it turned out the terrain made it so my units could never reach them. And the frogs never had to move to be able to hit mine..

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Something seems to have changed. I've got Martial Monastery at level 23, an Unleashed Unit building deployed, A dwarven Armourer deployed, and I just lost a manual fight getting the second star in province three. The terrain has been against me in almost every battle I've fought today. this isn't about beginner vs experienced. This week's tournament is harder than past crystal tournaments. And please don't give me "crystal is harder" I've had max boost in crystal for over two years. I know what I'm doing. The frog units are unbalanced.

Kekune

Yeah, gonna add my voice to the chorus. This got harder. I've done my norm for the first 2 rounds, and am looking at a substantially lower troop count than I normally have at this point. I actually lost a fight fairly early on round 1 - I don't remember when is that last time that happened, in any tournament, when I fed my phoenix and placed a UUU.

Good thing I've got a brown bear now - I'm gonna need it.

DeletedUser2959

I'm assuming the new super-units and impossible terrain are Inno's way of compensating for the extra troops from the Brown Bear. This makes little sense. If you're going to take troops away to balance giving us a troop boost why even bother? I've stayed out of this for a bit trying to wrap my head around it and I just can't get it to make sense. Why not just introduce random natural disasters and kill off our troops that way? Hell, just have them desert. Introduce lightning strikes on the battlefield that only hit our troops. Randomly delete our Armories. Or just delete all the Brown Bears people won and give them 25 diamonds to 'compensate'. Until someone official tells me that Inno has NOT adopted a policy of counteracting the boosts they make available I'm going to assume that's it.