• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Culture Breakdown Guide

DeletedUser1414

I didn't see anything else quite like this, so I decided to whip one up. I'll add to it if any changes are made or more pertinent data comes to mind. I hope in some way it can help people out if they have to re-plan or adjust their cityspaces.

Item names are in all CAPS if they're PREMIUM - the n/y indicator is whether or not the building can be boosted, thereby doubling its culture output for 8 hours. Meaning if you're in an active area/fellowship, then boostable items will have more value than non-boostable. If you're in between Fellowships or not really interested in getting into one, then often the non-boostables will be your best return.

BUY PREMIUM WITH CARE - You can't sell back Premium culture buildings, the only thing that will happen is a loss of overall culture.

Culture Per Square:
Signpost - 21 /n
Purple blossom - 22.33 /n
SHRINE OF ENAR - 50 /y
Flying Boat - 27.77 /y
ANCHOR POINT - 56.66 /n
Spot of Whispering trees - 33.33 /y
FLOWER CAGE - 62 /n
WELL OF FLOATING - 36.66 (plus 400 pop) /y
Ancient Ruins - 30 /n
Orange Berries - 30.66 /n
PROTECTOR OF THE - 70 /y
Statue of the sacred sage - 37 /n
Gift of the Garden - 36 /n
VOLLORIAN SEASNAKE - 83.33 /y
Mysterious Cyclone - 36.66 /y
STAIRWAY OF THE WIND - 96.66 /n
Splendid Stone of Art - 46.66 /n
Crop of Joy - 46 /n
MOTHERTREE - 100 /y
Temple of Ages - 60/y
ENAR'S UNICORN - 110/n
GODDESS OF FERTILITY - 61.11 (plus 500 pop) /y
Alter of Forefathers - 53.33 /n
Nature's Blessing - 50 /n
GOLDEN TORCH TOWER - 133.33 /y
Garden of Harmony - 70 /y
HARMONY BOARDWALK - 125 /n
Ancient Grounds - 85.71 /y
Traveller's Rest - 75/n
ELDER DRAGON ORACLE - 175 /y
Wayfarer's Tavern - 54.166 /y (plus 460 pop)
Temple of the Holy Fire - 96 /y
MYSTERIOUS GATE KEEPER - 183.33

Selling back non-premium items will get you (/corrected/) half the cost rounded down in coins and production back. Meaning it's an acceptable loss to sell a non-premium building and replace the space with a more efficient building. Your gain isn't as much as if you had both buildings, but square for square its more overall.

Depending on how you have set up your city, if you can afford to replace roads with smaller culture boosts at certain points, it doesn't hurt to do so. Just make sure your smaller culture items are in fact higher per square than a piece of road =D
Roads:
Simple - 10
Cobbled - 20
Ornate - 30
Dwarven - 49

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1161

This is a handy list. I did this math in a spreadsheet but I never thought to share it here.

Selling back non-premium items will get you (I believe) the full value in coins and production back. Meaning it's not a loss to sell a non-premium building and replace the space with a more efficient building.

You get a bit less than 1/2 of the coin and supplies back when you sell a non-premium culture building. I agree that it's still usually worthwhile to upgrade. Coin and supplies are fairly easy to get, while city space is limited.

DeletedUser2443

Here's a version from the human side, Premium items are in blue. They're in the order they show up in the Chapters of the research book.

Attachments

• Human Culture Spreadsheet.pdf
    31.8 KB · Views: 169

DeletedUser627

This is helpful!

It's particularly important to get the word out to newer players that premium culture buildings will always become invalidated by subsequent free buildings. I really regret the money I spent on premium buildings! I'm not sorry about the paid expansions and builders, but I wasted quite a lot of money chasing premiums. Of course, if a player isn't chasing score / efficiency, some of the premiums are attractive.

DeletedUser3509

Can someone add to this? It appears the Pond of Recreation is 133/y but I am not sure if I am doing the math right?

DeletedUser3507

Pond of recreation 3700 culture / 30 spots= 123.333 culture per spot
I like Marlow the Patron Saint 10,100 culture / 24 = 420.83333 culture per spot