• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Culture & Neighbor Help

DeletedUser6682

With many of the buildings being from events and quests their culture and or pop is based on the chapter they received it but you can't tell if it's worth clicking on more than others. Even with the culture within the research if you're not in that chapter it can be hard to know which item is worth the most if you haven't reached it yet.

It would be great if you could hover over their culture items and see which has the most culture to provide help on.

DeletedUser4274

For me it really matters not what people click on, I'm just thankful for their visits, although I do know there are some out there that get upset if people click their MH instead of culture which they have listed first.

What I have done is sent a quick note to f/s members & neighbors asking them to give me their top 3 culture items.

DeletedUser6682

oh! that's not a bad idea! but yea I agree, i think it's just the most frustrating when people won't follow what's asked for. like it's right next to the main-hall! you didn't even have to go find culture LOL

DeletedUser5278

Another issue is that many people - including me - forget the relative value of cultural buildings - whether a frozen "this" provides more cultural benefit than a pond of "that". I'd love to see something that lets us know the relative value of what we mouse over - so that we can polish the building of highest value. But again, from the comments of more experienced players, this seems like an idea that has been proposed earlier - to no avail....

DeletedUser6572

The suggestion to give cultural buildings a mouseover to show their yield has been made several times over. It just seems the devs prefer to add things that make the game harder, not anything that would make sense or make something easier on the players.

Well it is a good suggestion. I try to click the best culture buildings I can, but as already pointed out, it's hard some times to tell. I guess it encourages us to get rid of the older buildings.

I kinda like my frozen father tree, but I got it at the beginning of the winter event and by the time I finished I was in a new chapter. So my other two trees are actually way more valuable than that one. Hmmm, to delete, or not to delete. 'tis the question.

DeletedUser3507

Delete is the answer, I replace culture all the time, and I tend to click on non event culture, because I know its value, event culture is tied to the chapter that you completed it in.

And until Inno gets off there lazy behind and provides us with mouse over culture values., this will not change for me.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
For at least a couple of months after the event, the best event buildings are always batter than anything you can get any other way. It's mid February, I've moved from the start of chapter iv to the start of chapter VI since Flurry, and the Snowy Charming trees still blow out of the water anything I can build from my research tree.

DeletedUser5100

I think the culture mouse over is a good idea, regardless of it being a repeated suggestion. What is more irksome are Fellowship members who help your Builder or Main Hall when your City name bar says culture please (and youhave many culture sites to polish). :(

DeletedUser3507

Definitely, for that reason alone, I left 2 fellowships.
Took a bit to find one that followed the method that I played with.

At my lvl I may keep a few hybrid/culture buildings for pop, but by no means do they compare to my other culture, Symphony on the Swamp 6000 culture, Well of Spirits 5200 culture, Temple of Seeds 4700 culture, Pond of Recreation 3700 culture, Weeping Willows 3500 culture.

When events have that types of culture let me know. My excess culture is 80k.

DeletedUser4993

I think the culture mouse over is a good idea, regardless of it being a repeated suggestion. What is more irksome are Fellowship members who help your Builder or Main Hall when your City name bar says culture please (and youhave many culture sites to polish). :(
Another issue is that many people - including me - forget the relative value of cultural buildings - whether a frozen "this" provides more cultural benefit than a pond of "that". I'd love to see something that lets us know the relative value of what we mouse over - so that we can polish the building of highest value. But again, from the comments of more experienced players, this seems like an idea that has been proposed earlier - to no avail....
I have deleted that balcony in 2 cities only one remains. Some things to guide you to higher cultures for members. Higher number of squares=higher culture. Holiday buildings and culture buildings with the spells that are visible. Just guidelines. ;)

DeletedUser6650

Well it is a good suggestion. I try to click the best culture buildings I can, but as already pointed out, it's hard some times to tell. I guess it encourages us to get rid of the older buildings.

I kinda like my frozen father tree, but I got it at the beginning of the winter event and by the time I finished I was in a new chapter. So my other two trees are actually way more valuable than that one. Hmmm, to delete, or not to delete. 'tis the question.
I would like to have a storage area for moving or to save an item.
There could be a limited size of storage or unlimited.

DeletedUser3507

Yes, geting rid of old culture and replacing it with new higher value culture is always advisable up to wood elves where you have to have alot of weeping willows for mana, I replaced 4 ponds of recreation value 3700 culture for 4 weeping willows value 3500 to produce enough mana.
I use 11 willows & 2 well of souls, just for mana production.

DeletedUser2870

Yes, I ended up with 12 willows and about 50 of the smaller buildings to generate mana.

DeletedUser2870

*sighs*
Storage of buildings has been suggested like 100 times in different topics.
It's one element the devs have been very clear on: not going to happen.

So though it is a nice thought, it would also be nice for people to read some topics before posting that same request again.