• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

culture notification during help

DeletedUser22921

I'm a new player - when I go to "help" in a city I am faced with a dizzying array of buildings - old event and otherwise and of various levels. I have no idea which are highest in culture so it is difficult for me to supply good help to my fellows. I have been trying to learn about some of those buildings so I know what to click for any particular player. I think it would be good if the game supplied a small window (I think a little scroll on the upper right would look nice) that names the top 5 culture buildings in the city. This would only appear on the screen that allows the visitor to choose the help they want to give.

Crowella

This is a duplicate suggestion. If you play on mobile, it will automatically select the highest culture building for you. Those of us on PCs have to make a guess, but hey, we can donate to AWs, so that's something.

DeletedUser22921

sorry if it is a duplicate suggestion - can it be deleted?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This is a duplicate suggestion. If you play on mobile, it will automatically select the highest culture building for you. Those of us on PCs have to make a guess, but hey, we can donate to AWs, so that's something.

Even on mobile you get offered crappy buildings for the culture buff. It seems to offer whatever gives best culture per square, not the highest culture building available.

NightshadeCS

Even on mobile you get offered crappy buildings for the culture buff. It seems to offer whatever gives best culture per square, not the highest culture building available.

I do not think that is accurate. If the other high culture buildings have already been polished, you may see lower culture buildings appear as the only remaining option. I never see those small buildings as an option in my fellowship (I do daily visits to them via mobile), and I know some of them are the highest culture per square.

EDIT: I just tested this out, giving aid on mobile to a player who has been inactive for a long time (so has probably not received too many polishes today). The Herds Gathering was the option that came up for me to aid. In checking this individual's city on ElvenStats, THG is 2600 culture,108 culture per square. Other culture buildings in his city: Frozen Flame Blue 500c/125cps; Frozen Lake 1230c/136cps; Spheric Stub 2400c/150cps; Frozen Giants Shrine 590c/147.5 cps. There were several other culture buildings with a higher cps score, but I got the one with the highest overall culture to aid.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I do not think that is accurate. If the other high culture buildings have already been polished, you may see lower culture buildings appear as the only remaining option. I never see those small buildings as an option in my fellowship (I do daily visits to them via mobile), and I know some of them are the highest culture per square.

I will keep watching when I visit on mobile and next time I get offered a dinky little culture building, I will go to the browser and see what is really available.

And on a side note, I was just reading over the Gems website to see if it said one way or the other and I ran across an error in something else. It says we only have 9 pages of notifications, which is not true, as there are 10 pages. But I do not know who to notify of this.

Socrates28

The ease and simplicity of giving helps on mobile or tablet is the reason I switch from the pc to do them. Takes a few seconds per help as opposed to a lot more on the pc, especially when doing the world map.

NightshadeCS

I will keep watching when I visit on mobile and next time I get offered a dinky little culture building, I will go to the browser and see what is really available.

Just keep in mind that you cannot see what buildings have been polished by others, so would have no way of knowing if their higher culture buildings have already been aided.

And on a side note, I was just reading over the Gems website to see if it said one way or the other and I ran across an error in something else. It says we only have 9 pages of notifications, which is not true, as there are 10 pages. But I do not know who to notify of this.
You can contact the website developers from this page: https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/about-gems-of-knowledge

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Just keep in mind that you cannot see what buildings have been polished by others, so would have no way of knowing if their higher culture buildings have already been aided.

You can contact the website developers from this page: https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/about-gems-of-knowledge

Yeah, the one that I remembered seeing the most, that made me think something was off, actually had the exact same culture as another bigger building in that city. And another one I kept getting offered to polish on mobile was actually a lot larger, with more culture, than I remembered. Good thing I could go and look this stuff up on elven architect. lol