• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Culture Question

DeletedUser723

Hi:

I am curious about my Culture total. I have 939, which includes a temporary polish on my Spot of Whispering Trees. I feel like I should have more.

I have 8 Luminous Signposts @21 = 168
Plus at least 30 Simple Trails @10 +300

Shrine of Einar 450
Spot of Whispering Trees 400 (+400 Neighborly Help)
Well of Floating Islands (2) 2 x 440=880

450 + 400 +400 +440 + 440 = 2130 (Not including the Luminous Signposts and Simple Trails)

So why do I only have 939 (really 539 once the 400 polish disappears?

Is this the Culture I have left over after losing it to other buildings?

Thanks,
C

DeletedUser18

You can hover over your culture number at the top-left of your screen. The numbers you are quoting is likely your "Total" and "Available" cultural numbers. This will also list the number you need to gain in order to access the next level of cultural bonus.

DeletedUser723

Thanks, Glorp. I thought I riding close to the edge and was ready to ask Fellowship to set up a rotating polishing schedule to keep me alive!

DeletedUser

Just for the sake of comparison:

I only have 59 available culture (out of 1294 generated) in my Winyandor town but +1150 from polishing gets me to the 150% coin/supply bonus.

DeletedUser723

Another question. My Total Available shows only 400 Neighborly Help, even though there are currently three handshakes, above two Floating Islands and a Whispering Trees. Only the Whispering Trees has the green indication of Culture Boost (400) and a time remaining. Shouldn't all of them boost me? Or does only one boost work at a time? If all my Neighbors are polishing at the same time, do they cancel each other out? Can some be 'banked' and used consecutively so that they aren't wasting their efforts?

DeletedUser61

1. If you mouse over the handshake building, the tooltip will indicate how much additional culture it's contributing.
  2. The cultural boost should last for 8 hours, so in theory three different folks could buff the same Cultural building each day.
  3. It sounds a lot like your Flash Client has lost track of a couple of your cultural buildings. Right click on your browser tab and select reload/refresh. If you still have the hands, but no buff in the tooltip, then post a bug report and help us corner the critter.

4. The Builders Hut can be polished as many times as you have Builders, and the buffs are retained until you use them.
  5. Cultural building buffs double the contributed culture for 8 hours, and then expire.
  6. The Main Hall can be buffed without limit, but you must have enough storage to avoid losing the coins when you harvest your Main Hall. There's no warning.
  7. The cultural boosts should stack.
  8. A given player can buff something in your city once every 23 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser723

Thanks. I had trouble for a few minutes with several functions, so restarted everything and the handshakes were gone, so I think it was #3 above. Great explanation!