• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Culture versus Main Hall

DeletedUser1053

I have been playing for a while now and because I often am sitting in front of my comp in the evenings for hours while I work or read, I can monitor my cities and culture bonuses are beneficial to me.

I haven't done the math on it and wondered if someone else has.

In short, when does a culture bonus outweigh the coins gained from having your main hall polished?

I would think you would have to be on for a while with a bonus in effect and be doing shorter builds for culture to outweigh main hall.

Any thoughts? Any stats?

DeletedUser1122

Tables and calculators from Bune, Beta Forum. The City's balancer tab.

DeletedUser61

Let's assume that folks return visits.
  1. Polishing improves the performance of Residences and Workshops. It does nothing for Goods nor the Military.
  2. You need SOME culture to build and level your buildings
  3. Once you're generating all of the coins/supplies that you need for daily business, you can leave your culture at zero, and there's no reason to do visits, other than altruism.
My conclusions:
  • Always upgrade your Main Hall as soon as you can, if you still need Coins and Supplies for development, neighborhood visits are an efficient way to get them. If you're a premium player, you'll thereby have access to 15 more expansions.
  • If you still need Coins and Supplies, keep your Culture up above 150%, including the bit you get from your visitors.
  • Cultural boosts are an early to mid-game necessity, that you can ignore later on.