• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Culture

DeletedUser26243

I always try n keep my culture at 200 with help of my EE’s with out them would prob be at 185 These are my numbers: total Cul-39126 Req-14999 Avail-24127 My question is how much can I use or what is a good balance to try n stay at ? I’m just starting the fairy’s chap 7 I do know the higher culture-the more supplies n $ u get. I guess I just try to stay in full sun all the time :cool:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The maximum amount of culture bonus you can have without EE's is 170%. After that, even receiving NH on a culture bldg will not increase the bonus unless it has an EE spell active. If very high culture is your goal, my advice would be to try to stay at 170 all the time and use EE's on buildings that have a polish to immediately drive it higher right before collecting coins/supplies. As long as your highest culture bldgs are getting the help, that EE spell will keep your culture bonus high until it expires.
That said, I'm pretty happy with a culture bonus of 150. I haven't had to worry about coins/supplies in a long time, but I also have a large inventory of instants that I can use in specific circumstances. For me, that tends to be: pushing through troops with time boosters (depletes supplies quickly), doing several upgrades that require significant coins at the same time (or Main Hall) especially if I'm pushing those upgrades through with time boosters. In some cases it was activating several research techs that required those resources in significant amounts. Other than those specific situations, I'm able to keep up with my regular city activities with the amount of coins/supplies I get with a 150% bonus.

DeletedUser26243

My sun is at 195% spell effect 25% -required for current level-28000 -available Culture-24127 /neighbor help bonus 6868 I guess I'm not far enough to see gold mines A good percent of my neighborhood is empty good thing im in great FS

DeletedUser26243

The maximum amount of culture bonus you can have without EE's is 170%. After that, even receiving NH on a culture bldg will not increase the bonus unless it has an EE spell active. If very high culture is your goal, my advice would be to try to stay at 170 all the time and use EE's on buildings that have a polish to immediately drive it higher right before collecting coins/supplies. As long as your highest culture bldgs are getting the help, that EE spell will keep your culture bonus high until it expires.
That said, I'm pretty happy with a culture bonus of 150. I haven't had to worry about coins/supplies in a long time, but I also have a large inventory of instants that I can use in specific circumstances. For me, that tends to be: pushing through troops with time boosters (depletes supplies quickly), doing several upgrades that require significant coins at the same time (or Main Hall) especially if I'm pushing those upgrades through with time boosters. In some cases it was activating several research techs that required those resources in significant amounts. Other than those specific situations, I'm able to keep up with my regular city activities with the amount of coins/supplies I get with a 150% bonus.
k 150 sounds like a good round # will let it slide on down to check it out thanks

DeletedUser26243

k 150 sounds like a good round # will let it slide on down to check it out thanks
That’s where I go wrong I always have been using the EE as soon as I know there is a recent polish n not b4 I am bout to collect just never thought bout it also someone in my FS got me into using the EE’s had so many would use then in FA when u can either use or disenchant so many things I have recently learned but some how have made it to chapter 7

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
My current neighborhood is 2/3 gold mines, which give zero Neighborly Help. Very sad for me.

I stumbled onto ElfGunn's city the other day when I was surfing my map and shed a tear...
inked_elfgunn.jpg

I haven't had to worry about coins/supplies in a long time

I keep thinking I have a low coin problem until Saturday rolls around and then I realize no, I have a Spire gambling problem. The rest of the day is spent making multiple trips to the Elvenar Costco to keep emptying my coin bar because I don't have a Spire to spend it on.

As to culture, I feel like it has to do with the frequency in which a player is able to check in the game. If I'm short on space, I will burn down my culture buildings in a heart beat and turn my city into the home of vampire redneck elves that shun sunlight and culture. I'm able to keep the game open in a background tab while working (shhh...don't tell the boss) so I'll babysit making brews for a bit to catch up. I also used to go by culture per tile efficiency of a building to determine what to put down, but have since concluded having one large culture building is better than 4 little highly efficient culture buildings. That big culture building will get polished so it's good for twice the culture output whereas those little ones almost never get polished. Therefore, in play, the slightly less efficient big culture building will trump little ones (if you have active neighbors/fellows that visit/polish).

DeletedUser26243

This depends on the Neighborly Help bonus. My current neighborhood is 2/3 gold mines, which give zero Neighborly Help. Very sad for me.
6868 NH bonus
I stumbled onto ElfGunn's city the other day when I was surfing my map and shed a tear...
View attachment 9641

I keep thinking I have a low coin problem until Saturday rolls around and then I realize no, I have a Spire gambling problem. The rest of the day is spent making multiple trips to the Elvenar Costco to keep emptying my coin bar because I don't have a Spire to spend it on.

As to culture, I feel like it has to do with the frequency in which a player is able to check in the game. If I'm short on space, I will burn down my culture buildings in a heart beat and turn my city into the home of vampire redneck elves that shun sunlight and culture. I'm able to keep the game open in a background tab while working (shhh...don't tell the boss) so I'll babysit making brews for a bit to catch up. I also used to go by culture per tile efficiency of a building to determine what to put down, but have since concluded having one large culture building is better than 4 little highly efficient culture buildings. That big culture building will get polished so it's good for twice the culture output whereas those little ones almost never get polished. Therefore, in play, the slightly less efficient big culture building will trump little ones (if you have active neighbors/fellows that visit/polish).
Too funny bout the vamp elves. I go mostly for the C buildings that have a split with pop. Such a fine line in the balancing act. Will make changes after FA n place a high C since I have city full of baby WS rite now I can brew it up to catch up.

ElfGunn

View attachment 9641

crackie...I found you on the map. SW like you said, about 7 rows down and 8 cities left. I sympathize with your Spire gambling problem. :))

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One

I find 170% after the first few chapters to expensive in space. but EE is an amazing supplement to culture
1618819547494.png

:D