• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Curious

Sir Bently

Why is it there are a lot of cities in Khelonaar that aren't in fellowships or players can anyone answer that ?
Just curious !

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
A lot of cities are inactive players who have never joined a fellowship -- left early, or have been dropped, usually due to inactivity. I estimate that at least 40% of my neighbors are inactive, and I'm in, I think, a good neighborhood.

AJ

DeletedUser29768

In all worlds, there are many cities that have been abandoned (players are no longer active); inactive players typically remove themselves or are kicked from fellowships, if they ever joined. This probably accounts for the majority of cities not in fellowships. There are, of course, a few players who simply do not join fellowships, but they are pretty few and far between.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I played solo about 2 years, I think, before I was invited to join a fellowship. It's interesting as I was asked by four fellowships on the same day as if I suddenly hit some magic button. Never did figure out where that button was.

AJ

Iyapo1

People play and then quit. Or like you they play then quit and then come back with a new name, your old cities still exist abandoned. Others wont join FSs because of RL demands. Some players start a city "mess it up" and start another. Some players start a city to play with a friend and then find out they are on the wrong world. Some players start cities on each world until they roll a boost combo that they like. Some players create cities specifically to test mechanics in the game and then drop them. Some players just like to keep an eye on the various server ranking boards.

There are all kinds of reasons.

DeletedUser29768

I played solo about 2 years, I think, before I was invited to join a fellowship.
Wow, two years?!? That's a long time to go without a FS! Your progression must have been a lot slower without those trades, tourneys, and (if more recent) spire rewards. For me, when my city was still tiny (chapter 1), I used the fellowship ranking page, filtered them by "Join Directly," and joined a fairly high ranking FS (~100 IIRC). Later, when I was ready to move to a more active FS, I found one I liked and applied directly (I didn't wait for an invite, haha). That way, I never had to completely forego the FS benefits.

DeletedUser29768

they play then quit and then come back with a new name, your old cities still exist abandoned. . . . Some players start a city "mess it up" and start another.
I am guilty of both of these. :p

Sir Bently

People play and then quit. Or like you they play then quit and then come back with a new name, your old cities still exist abandoned. Others wont join FSs because of RL demands. Some players start a city "mess it up" and start another. Some players start a city to play with a friend and then find out they are on the wrong world. Some players start cities on each world until they roll a boost combo that they like. Some players create cities specifically to test mechanics in the game and then drop them. Some players just like to keep an eye on the various server ranking boards.

There are all kinds of reasons.
I agree , but on the world map of Khelonaar there are more that aren't than are , reason I know I have checked them out and I'm not talking about little pity cities I'm talking about huge cities nice cities If it's anything I've had to deal with in some fellowships I have been in or had myself then I can't blame them especially when most of the players in some fellowships I've been in or had myself the biggest problem I see is no communication whatsoever maybe just a handful and that's it , most players won't put up trades when they have them or won't participate in tournies or FA's and even Events just to name a few and that get real old quick , so if that's the case then I don't blame them one bit I had rather play by myself then put up with a bunch of DRAMA

Iyapo1

@Sir Bently
Are you talking about abandoned cities or active cities not in fellowships? There is nothing wrong with solo play. It is more challenging so most players go the FS route. I doubt drama plays a huge role, it is pretty easy to get away from unless you're the AM.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Some players start a city "mess it up" and start another.
How do you mess up a city? With the exception of a few buildings such as barracks and magic academy, you can delete any building in your city. And then build other stuff in its place. I understand that while you are learning the game you might not make the best choices right away. But I can think of very few things you could not fix with a little effort. I would think putting in a little effort to fix/improve an existing city would be quicker and easier than starting from scratch.

Iyapo1

@Henroo
Put down expansions in a straight line for the first 3 chapters. That is the only one that would cause me to abandon a city. Yes it can be corrected but very very slowly.

I know of others who just felt they wasted resources getting started and just want a clean slate to start over once they figure things out.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Henroo
Put down expansions in a straight line for the first 3 chapters. That is the only one that would cause me to abandon a city. Yes it can be corrected but very very slowly.
I think this would actually be an interesting challenge for veteran players starting a new city. Instead of starting with a chapter 1 city, you get a chapter 3 city. But the initial expansions have been placed in a suboptimal fashion. You must first deal with the suboptimal placement and then correct it.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I think this would actually be an interesting challenge for veteran players starting a new city. Instead of starting with a chapter 1 city, you get a chapter 3 city. But the initial expansions have been placed in a suboptimal fashion. You must first deal with the suboptimal placement and then correct it.
Lol
I have tried making a city long, or wide. Wait until guest races building reorientation and try to do a housing upgrade :oops: