• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Current Squads Display Polling Question

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
how many CMs are in the group that votes on recommended improvements suggested by players? How often do they meet? How many recommendations are typically presented for consideration in these meetings? How many of those actually make it to the devs?
Do the number of votes cast in the forums have any weight as to whether the CMs decide to move an idea forward?
I do not have that information, and only a CM would have that, but it would not be something that can be shared. As for how our votes matter, that is not relevant to the CM discussion as I understand it.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
I have always thought a poll needed a minimum of 20 votes, for or against, for it to be valid. I don't remember if that rule is only spelled out on the Beta forum or was something told to us here by a previous CM.

Edit: yep., these are the full rules from Beta:

* After this, the Moderator will open a poll in this thread. He/She will also make sure that in the opening post, there is a short description of the Idea (as well as in the Thread Title) and all detailed information is included in the rest of the in-depth description in that opening post.
* The poll will run for 14 days.
* During the poll, the discussion can still continue if anyone feels they have something valuable to add. However: No alterations can be made anymore to the idea as it's stated in the opening post, so please refrain from coming up with new ideas at this stage.
* At least a minimum of 20 individual players will have to vote (in favor/not in favor) for an idea to get approved.
* At least 80% of these players will have to vote in favor of the idea in its current state (to avoid forwarding ideas that aren't supported by a good majority of the community).
Beta Forum rules are not the same as ours are

POLL
To make sure the ideas we forward are a community decision, the following process will be followed:

• The Moderator will open a poll in this section. They will also make sure that in the opening post, there is a short description of the Idea (as well as in the Thread Title) and all detailed information is included in the rest of the in-depth description in that opening post.
  • The poll will run for 14 days.
  • During the poll, the discussion can still continue if anyone feels they have something valuable to add.
  • However: No alterations can be made to the idea as it's stated in the opening post, so please refrain from coming up with new ideas at this stage.
  • Any idea that has more “IN FAVOR” votes than the “NOT IN FAVOR” votes at the end of the 14 day voting period will be forwarded.
  • Any idea that does not meet the requirement of the poll, will not be forward. This will avoid forwarding ideas that are not supported by the majority of the community.

As you can see, the 20 votes rule does not apply, I just wanted to clarify this point.

StarLoad

It should, though. All the different forums should follow the same rules.
Would not the size of the membership determine this? I mean we have many more members than the Beta forums 1300 vrs 9400 so by that logic this forum should require many more than 20 votes. Personally I do not see a problem with the rules as they stand.

Ed

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Would not the size of the membership determine this? I mean we have many more members than the Beta forums 1300 vrs 9400 so by that logic this forum should require many more than 20 votes. Personally I do not see a problem with the rules as they stand.

Ed

And yet the suggestion the OP was asking about only got 17 total votes. I would not be surprised if that very low vote amount factored into the CMs voting to reject it. If all the forums listed a vote minimum, of however much, in the their rules, maybe more things would be considered.