• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dawn of the Phoenix

Raccon

I wish this one did. lol The concept is great, but 5 percent revival is miserly. Why couldn't they have made it 10 percent with a 24 hr feeding effect? I would have spent to get two! lol As it is, it is a better t3 producer than a fighting asset. lol
Or at least make that meager feeding effect last for 5 days.

defiantoneks

i would "Happy medium" it by making it 24 hours (like the Fire Phoenix, and it's a 50% strength increase) and 24 hour collection instead of 48. the amount of goods it drops is pathetic considering you have to wait 2 days.

The Unbeliever

Got rng blessed this time around for once, at least when it came to winning bonus currency...

K-world city:
Started spending with 6075 total currency, won only 5 dailies total, but gathered roughly 1.5k bonus currency and made it to 304 total feathers collected.

E-world city:
Started spending with 5780 total currency, won 8 dailies total, gathered roughly 2.1k bonus currency and made it to 312 total feathers collected.

0 diamonds spent, and both cities managed to win a 2nd copy of the Lv1 Twilight Phoenix and should be able to stay in Sliver league. :)

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Figured id post part 1 of my tally for my two cities.

City 1 and city 2, both at same spot, both nearly identically built. Both finished all quests up to yesterdays. (todays is still active). Both had collections around the city grounds done one after the other every time. Both collected the same quest milestone currency rewards. Both the the 100 currency email bonus. - Both did not buy any currency or buy the +2 stash house at the start.

Both cities did full cash in of currency today.

City 1:
5544 currency at start of full cash in today.
Chest bonuses: 500, 50, 150, 100, 500, 100, 150, 100, 100, 100, 150
Chest bonus total: 2000 (I was surprised)
9 relics acquired
281 feathers aquired
58 currency left

City 2:
5536 currency at start of full cash in.
Chest Bonuses: 100, 50, 500, 50, 150, 50
Chest Bonus Total: 900
8 relics acquired
240 feathers acquired
65 currency left.

Comparison
City 1 started with 8 more currency then city 2 (from random drops around the city)
Chest bonuses were the big difference here. City 1 got 2000 and city 2 got 900. Less then half of what city 1 got.
I know its 'random' or a 'percentage chance', i get that. But that huge a difference will cause ... well.. huge differences in what each city will get rewarded with for the exact same effort.

City 1 got the 9 artifacts, the portrait, and is working on the 2nd building (probably wont reach that tho)
City 2 is still just trying to get to 9 artifacts. - Portrait is highly highly highly unlikely. The hope of 2nd building isnt worth the effort of typing this sentence out. -_-

So that is a huge difference. A bit to much of the rewards/compensation is placed into the randomness/luck of getting currency from chests. The fact that you can do everything of the event and still come up short.... is a massive flaw. Its one thing to have some extra nice things at the end to entice some diamond buying, i get that. But this kind of difference means ppl can do everything and still not get the minimum. And thats wrong. - And this happens more often then not in events for my two cities; heavy difference.

Ill update numbers at the end of event (50~h)

To update, as the event is ending..

City 1:
Total currency: 5840
Total chest rewards: 2000 on the first cash in, and 100 this time = 2100 currency
Relics acquired: 9
Feathers acquired: 297 (currently silver league which starts at 288+)
19 currency left over

City 2
Total currency: 5829
Total chest rewards: 900 on first cash in day, and 0 on second cash in day = 900
Relics acquired: 8 ><
Feathers acquired: 253 (bronze league)
6 currency left over

So city 1 got the 9th artifact (260f), got the portrait (280f), and was 3 feathers short of getting the second evolving buildings at 300 feathers.
City 2 got only 8 artifacts. Failed to even reach the 260f mark for the last artifact; much less anything past that.
City 1 got 2100 chest currency while city 2 got only 900. Which is a massive difference.

Both cities completed all quests and collected city outskirts at same time. Both cashed in on chest with the same stratagy of best grand prize value.

Sad thing is... for city 1, i wouldnt even mind much spending a couple diamonds to get those last three feathers to get a second evolving building base. A little extra for something extra... But then i look at city 2 which did all the same amount of work and couldnt even finish the first one (through no fault of there own)... and that willingness to throw a few diamonds in... is gone. Not a chance thats happening now.

Moho

Chef
I managed to get the fully evolved Twilight Phoenix in three cities by simply playing my usual game (without any special effort, that is, or expenses). I have even obtained the portrait in two cities, and a second base in one of them. I think a second Twilight Phoenix would be too much to feed.

It is interesting that despite this seeming success, two of my cities will end up the Bronze League. I hope the third will stay in the Silver League till the end but I'm not sure. I think there are a lot of people who have spent their diamonds or cash to progress through the Grand Prizes list (and probably the Royal ones too). What I really want to say is that I am surprised at how much these people have spent. However, players' determination to acquire whatever they wished to get during the event confirms the fact that Inno has devised the right strategy and made the right decisions in order to reach their goal.

Last edited:

Tehya1

I managed to get that fourth portrait.

5 cities. Silver x3, Bronze x2, 9 artifacts x4, Portrait x4, 2nd base and sip x2.

One city had bad luck with winning essence and did not get the last artifact.

BrinDarby

I'm saving my SkyEssence for the last day... :oops:
That way when I'm dissapointed, it will only
be for a few hours, then it'll be over ...
I love it when a plan comes together .... :rolleyes:
223 (8) , 227 (8), ( 1 city got lucky ) 275 (9) ...

as I figured I wrote this event off , weeks ago..
so I wasn't that dissapointed ... 4% vs 5% ... ok, sure.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
To update, as the event is ending..

City 1:
Total currency: 5840
Total chest rewards: 2000 on the first cash in, and 100 this time = 2100 currency
Relics acquired: 9
Feathers acquired: 297 (currently silver league which starts at 288+)
19 currency left over

City 2
Total currency: 5829
Total chest rewards: 900 on first cash in day, and 0 on second cash in day = 900
Relics acquired: 8 ><
Feathers acquired: 253 (bronze league)
6 currency left over

So city 1 got the 9th artifact (260f), got the portrait (280f), and was 3 feathers short of getting the second evolving buildings at 300 feathers.
City 2 got only 8 artifacts. Failed to even reach the 260f mark for the last artifact; much less anything past that.
City 1 got 2100 chest currency while city 2 got only 900. Which is a massive difference.

Both cities completed all quests and collected city outskirts at same time. Both cashed in on chest with the same stratagy of best grand prize value.

Sad thing is... for city 1, i wouldnt even mind much spending a couple diamonds to get those last three feathers to get a second evolving building base. A little extra for something extra... But then i look at city 2 which did all the same amount of work and couldnt even finish the first one (through no fault of there own)... and that willingness to throw a few diamonds in... is gone. Not a chance thats happening now.

Id also like to point out the backwards logic of artifact rewards in the league. Now i get the obvious idea; those that get farther, get more rewards (an artifact for silver+). But it is kinda backwards for what players likely need. To reach silver league in this event you would have had to get enough feathers where you would have gotten 9 artifacts naturally anyway. So that extra artifact reward is not a huge deal. Where as my second city that did everything but still only got 8 artifacts, landed in the bronze league.. who could rly use that artifact as a league reward, does not get one. - I know its kinda backwards logic there. But it still holds true.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Extra artifacts are great. They can go toward a second base, sometimes be crafted into other artifacts, and they frag well.
I did so well in the Elvarian Carnival event that I already have 5 artifacts for my 2nd Triumph of the Tides building. I'm just waiting for them to hit the spire! :cool:

Zoof

Poor luck and planning on my part resulted in me needing to spend 500 diamonds to get the last artifact for my main city, but what really hurt was that I was short exactly one feather and there was no guarantee that I could get enough currency by wrecking my sleep schedule sleep is for the weak omitting my daily 8 hour nap to open the cheapest chest at the time.

My other smaller city managed to finish the event questline right on time. It ended up about 4 feathers short of all the artifacts, but not feeling all too thrilled to put a fighting birb in a catering city, so it all worked out.

Moho

Chef
The very first day I started playing this game I thought this could happen. People could actually use their credit card to acquire an entire city, designed to look and function exactly as their heart desires.

And then what? The fun of this game resides in its progressive accumulations, and the thrill of getting stuff through strategy and effort. Well, at least in my opinion. Everyone should play the way it suits them best, of course.

Zoof

How many Orcs does it take to clean up the chicken dung from 10 birds?!?
The answer is negative NaN. Or positive infinity if you define "clean" to be a sufficiently small parts per pooticle, but not all that small because cleanliness per orc diverges faster than dung per square inch across the entirety of a game world. If one were to freeze-dry or just plain dry the droppings and evenly distribute it, at no point will there be a thin enough coating to consider it "clean" regardless of orc presence.

Of course, even distribution of dung simply isn't possible, with the lowest possible distributions occurring in cities at or below chapter 7. It is, therefore, my opinion that higher chapter cities needs to be made aware of the growing problem of overreliance on the Green Oil that permeate all such cities above the chapter 7 mark and a call to action to encourage those to stop contributing to Global Browning.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
And then what? The fun of this game resides in its progressive accumulations, and the thrill of getting stuff through strategy and effort. Well, at least in my opinion. Everyone should play the way it suits them best, of course.
As someone with a city on EN to have front row seats to the madness, just so you guys know, these guys are pushing 25k+ in tourney weekly. For comparison, in my US city on Ceravyn, the high score for the server is usually around 15-16k. That's a whopping 10k more points each week! So this isn't a strange aviary taxidermy trophy case collection for them. They are actively pushing tourney to insane limits. Had a guy join my EN group recently that was just burnt out from uber-competitive tourneying. He was telling me about some of the Top players. It sounds like they at least keep it friendly though and talk to each other.

Moho

Chef
this isn't a strange aviary taxidermy trophy case collection for them.
I think I spotted a row of Red Panda Masters behind the row of Twilight Phoenixes. I may be wrong, of course, but it doesn't look like a healthy competitive spirit.