• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dawn of the Phoenix

Swordkin

Im hoping to stay in silver league atleast. I spent all currency today, since today had the best prize for me. Im in chapter 4 so must buildings this time just gives crappy supplies. i earned about 3k essence from quests, and won another 1,2k from chests. So i cant ask for much more. time will tell how i do...

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
What r milestones? So the lock time is pretty much different for everyone
The lock timer does reset for everyone at the same time each day, which is the beginning of a new day on German time, I think. So if your first lock timer showed 8 1/2 hours, then you finished the last available quest about 8 1/2 hours before the timer would reset. When it resets, you'll get a new quest, but only one new one during each 24 hour time period. It will reset again the next day at the same time, 24 hours after the last time it reset. The countdown may show a different amount of time left each day based on how long before the daily reset you finished that day's quest. Does that make sense?

DeletedUser26243

The lock timer does reset for everyone at the same time each day, which is the beginning of a new day on German time, I think. So if your first lock timer showed 8 1/2 hours, then you finished the last available quest about 8 1/2 hours before the timer would reset. When it resets, you'll get a new quest, but only one new one during each 24 hour time period. It will reset again the next day at the same time, 24 hours after the last time it reset. The countdown may show a different amount of time left each day based on how long before the daily reset you finished that day's quest. Does that make sense?
Yup it sure does each lock will be 24 hrs after I finish the quest that unlocks thank you

Lady Dastardly

i have 162 feathers.
162 feathers is not good if you have already hit the quest locks unless you have no dailies that you really want or care about getting all of the artifacts
162 feathers actually seems like a pretty good pace at this point in the quest list. There is easily 2500 more event currency out there, taking into account the quests, daily reward and city drops. If @Swordkin can manage to average 1 feather per 25 currency they will get to 260.
Not only do you not get rewarded for speedy progress, your league status will tank if you haven't figured out how to spend event currency wisely
I may have misinterpreted this statement (sorry if I did), but these are really two different things. A player's speed in spending event currency/collecting feathers has no bearing on where their league status will ultimately end up. It's solely determined by how many feathers are collected over the course of the event, which is affected, as you note, by chest selection (and luck). I'm in gold now because I wanted as many Burning Pools as I could get on Day 1. I will not stay in gold as the event progresses and more players spend their currency, but that doesn't mean I did anything wrong by spending so much on the first day to get the prizes I wanted. I know it's hard to watch league rank drop, but I think a lot of players get too invested in watching their rank. I only pay attention to it on the last day when I decide if I want to spend to get a certain rank. Where it goes between now and then doesn't matter.

Rp44

I am so pleased about the change to Spire and /or Tournament and/or World Map encounters for most of the quests, it gives so much more flexibility for cities of all sizes.

The newer scaling is also nice, especially for the buy KP quests. It doesn't seem to be scaled by chapter but by some larger division, but I have not been paying enough attention to see if it is more than just before guest races and after.

I know that it frustrates some people to get to the locked quests, but it makes me a very happy girl! I love the day or two of prep and running through stuff and then I love just playing my cities for the rest of the event. Win-win for me.

Tehya1

162 feathers actually seems like a pretty good pace at this point in the quest list. There is easily 2500 more event currency out there, taking into account the quests, daily reward and city drops. If @Swordkin can manage to average 1 feather per 25 currency they will get to 260.
He said that he has already hit the quest locks, though. Doesn't that mean that he has a limited amount of quests to gain more?

I may have misinterpreted this statement (sorry if I did), but these are really two different things. A player's speed in spending event currency/collecting feathers has no bearing on where their league status will ultimately end up. It's solely determined by how many feathers are collected over the course of the event, which is affected, as you note, by chest selection (and luck). I'm in gold now because I wanted as many Burning Pools as I could get on Day 1. I will not stay in gold as the event progresses and more players spend their currency, but that doesn't mean I did anything wrong by spending so much on the first day to get the prizes I wanted. I know it's hard to watch league rank drop, but I think a lot of players get too invested in watching their rank. I only pay attention to it on the last day when I decide if I want to spend to get a certain rank. Where it goes between now and then doesn't matter.
The key phrase there is " if you haven't figured out how to spend event currency wisely ". I sped through quests in my first event, spent event currency as soon as I got it, and got into the silver league and even gold at one point, but once I hit the lockouts, I started slipping in the leagues because I ran out of currency. I ended up in bronze and failed to get all 9 artifacts. You obviously know how to spend event currency. New players might not.

Count Rupert

He said that he has already hit the quest locks, though. Doesn't that mean that he has a limited amount of quests to gain more?

Limited yes but he's still got 20-21 (depending on exactly when he locked) more quests to get. Not to mention the daily login bonus of 35 and the random eggs. He can easily exceed 100 or so a day even without getting any from chests.

Lady Dastardly

Doesn't that mean that he has a limited amount of quests to gain more?
Limited yes but he's still got 20-21 (depending on exactly when he locked) more quests to get
I added up the currency available in the remaining quests, assuming they were locked out on Quest 56. It's important to remember that the later quests give much more currency than the early ones, so there should still be around 1365 currency left from the quests alone.
The key phrase there is " if you haven't figured out how to spend event currency wisely "
I figured that was what you were getting at. :) I just wanted to clarify, not specifically for you, that it isn't spending currency early, or all at once, or how fast you hit the locked quests, that is a problem. The problem lies solely in not choosing the chests that give you best chance for advancement, whenever it is you choose to spend your currency. That, and of course the need for a healthy dose of luck getting extra currency from those chests, since as you know, you can do everything right and still come up short.

Tehya1

I figured that was what you were getting at. :) I just wanted to clarify, not specifically for you, that it isn't spending currency early, or all at once, or how fast you hit the locked quests, that is a problem. The problem lies solely in not choosing the chests that give you best chance for advancement, whenever it is you choose to spend your currency. That, and of course the need for a healthy dose of luck getting extra currency from those chests, since as you know, you can do everything right and still come up short.
I was very unlucky for two events in a row, and this time, I am winning nice chunks of essence in the chests that I am picking. I am using jackluyt's chart this time. :D

DeletedUser27062

lol When I hit the quest lock quickly in my first event, the disappointment was compounded daily from that point on. Not only do you not get rewarded for speedy progress, your league status will tank if you haven't figured out how to spend event currency wisely. I take my time now, sort of. I will try to slam through quests leading up to good daily days.
It really doesn't make any difference whether you're speedy or not. In fact even "wise spending" has little influence. We're all at the mercy of rng gods as to whether we tank in the leagues.

DeletedUser27062

I was very unlucky for two events in a row, and this time, I am winning nice chunks of essence in the chests that I am picking. I am using jackluyt's chart this time. :D
I used the exact same strategy on beta in 4 cities. My ch 2 city was unable to complete the quests but the other 3 did and they finished with 202, 249 and 273. That variation is the result of rng determining chests and their winnings. I strongly suspect my cat could make gold if the rng gods decided it was to be.

StarLoad

FYI on my main account I have the Twilight Phoenix at level 10 and fed it today to test the revive feature and its working but you have to watch the results screen to see it in process, its fast and if you blink you will miss it and may think its not working. I have the second base and am now working on more Artifacts for it.

Ed

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Final League numbers from Beta. And since the Live server numbers are always higher than for Beta, if anyone wants Silver or Gold, expect to spend a decent bit of money or diamonds to finish there.

Screenshot (89).png

mikeledo

I like the zombie green (or maybe Frankenstein green) background color on the revived troops. Did the Devs do that on purpose or did they just happen on it by accident?

StarLoad

FYI on my main account I have the Twilight Phoenix at level 10 and fed it today to test the revive feature and its working but you have to watch the results screen to see it in process, its fast and if you blink you will miss it and may think its not working. I have the second base and am now working on more Artifacts for it.

Ed
As a follow-up I tested this on my iPad and it works as intended even on auto-fight within the mobile version. This applies to Spire and Tourney battles.

Ed

mikeledo

Ed
[/QUOTE]

Ed
If you hover your cursor over your troops after the battle it tells you exactly how many you git back. Feel free the blink again.

Myne

Oh Wise One
EGAD yall, I just picked up an egg on the outskirts...the itty bitty window flashed 269...but of course it only gave me 1. Weirdness abounds!

Edit: and no that is not how much currency I have at the moment.

Legilost

Why? Having almost completed the event in beta I'm struggling to shake of the coma it induced. The buildings are meh (even the burning pool is just a prettier festival merchant) and so is the evolving building. What's so exciting about 5% Lazarus effect?
Why???? Because I love this game and for me that's all that matters. Have a great day :)