• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dawn of the Phoenix

Zoof

um, not to be too nitpicky… but a five percent PP as the daily prize? really? cmon guys. you can at least make it 10 or 15. 5% is a door prize.
Thank goodness I've missed that in its entirety. Some people swear by it. In my own story, it's a villain.

The worst kind. I get PP'd on enough in Spire as it is. I don't need green and golden showers in my neighborhood event as well

Elocean

Greeting all, This is my first phoenix event. I was only able to get 5 artifact so far. Should I go ahead and place the Phoenix building in my city or save the space for something else ? I know that pet food is hard to come by and only getting 3 percent back at this point is not as much if I had all of the artifacts. I do prefer to battle . Any advice would be welcome!

Tehya1

Greeting all, This is my first phoenix event. I was only able to get 5 artifact so far. Should I go ahead and place the Phoenix building in my city or save the space for something else ? I know that pet food is hard to come by and only getting 3 percent back at this point is not as much if I had all of the artifacts. I do prefer to battle . Any advice would be welcome!
Try to get at least 7 artifacts if you can and then you can get the last two in the fa. Otherwise, you will be waiting awhile before you can fully evolve it.

As for whether or not it is worth placing now, it depends. What ch are you in?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
As for whether or not it is worth placing now, it depends. What ch are you in?
Looks like Chap 5.
Your FS shows signs of coordination with occasional push tourneys so you might have a shot at the 2 more artifacts from FA if you guys can finish all 3 stages.

Mine is currently at lvl 8 and I accidentally fed it while trying to feed my Fire Phoenix next to it. At 4%, I wasn't overly impressed. It was on Day 1/Round 1 of tourney, which is prob the worst time to feed it as it's the smallest army you'll face/use. I'm going to try to feed it before tomorrow's tourney and see if I can squeeze 2 rounds of tourney and Spire Lab action out of it. I don't reckon I will be that much swayed by its awesomeness because it still won't give me back as many troops as Brown Bear for the same Pet Food. I fight a lot and see this as an occasional niche feeding, like maybe during the brutal Dust tourney. I did have a laugh reading the wiki at the line "Make sure to always keep it fed!" Yeah, we'll do that when you make sure to always give us Pet Food in the MA cycles...

I think in your shoes, I would not put it down yet. I would wait for it to come around to the Spire and re-craft the base in the MA. At chap 5 and awhile after, it gives more T3s, which most of us are already flooded with by the looks of the trader listings in both of my cities. If you put it down now and evolve it, you can only sell it or store it. Selling it loses your evolves. Therefore, if you're not going to bother feeding it most of the time, you might as well save yourself the Royal Restorations and recraft the base at a later chapter. In the meantime, hoard all the Pet Food that you can until you're filthy rich in Pet Food to be throwing them at a 5% revival.

Elocean

Looks like Chap 5.

Your FS shows signs of coordination with occasional push tourneys so you might have a shot at the 2 more artifacts from FA if you guys can finish all 3 stages.

Mine is currently at lvl 8 and I accidentally fed it while trying to feed my Fire Phoenix next to it. At 4%, I wasn't overly impressed. It was on Day 1/Round 1 of tourney, which is prob the worst time to feed it as it's the smallest army you'll face/use. I'm going to try to feed it before tomorrow's tourney and see if I can squeeze 2 rounds of tourney and Spire Lab action out of it. I don't reckon I will be that much swayed by its awesomeness because it still won't give me back as many troops as Brown Bear for the same Pet Food. I fight a lot and see this as an occasional niche feeding, like maybe during the brutal Dust tourney. I did have a laugh reading the wiki at the line "Make sure to always keep it fed!" Yeah, we'll do that when you make sure to always give us Pet Food in the MA cycles...

I think in your shoes, I would not put it down yet. I would wait for it to come around to the Spire and re-craft the base in the MA. At chap 5 and awhile after, it gives more T3s, which most of us are already flooded with by the looks of the trader listings in both of my cities. If you put it down now and evolve it, you can only sell it or store it. Selling it loses your evolves. Therefore, if you're not going to bother feeding it most of the time, you might as well save yourself the Royal Restorations and recraft the base at a later chapter. In the meantime, hoard all the Pet Food that you can until you're filthy rich in Pet Food to be throwing them at a 5% revival.

Sounds like a plan for sure, Thanks for the reply!

crackie

LOL! Pet food= elvenar opulence
My second city is flowing in Elvenar opulence. I knew I was building a fighting city so I intentionally only catered until Orcs. I saved all the Pet Food and expiring military buildings for several chapters. Now I can weather pretty severe MA droughts in those items. That said, I fed my Twilight again today. I'm on round 5 of tourney now so getting better returns on the 4% revival that my currently leveled Twilight offers, but still not impressed. I thought the feed effect was 24hrs but it's a paltry 12hrs so that's not very useful. I don't really see how much you get out of 12hrs from the original change in beta of 3.5hrs or whatever. Maybe one more round of Spire? It does have more utility in the Lab portion of Spire though. For instance, if 2 stacks went kaput, they both get revived to be cannon fodder for the next wave without me having to use Vitality Surges. Between Spire Perks, Vitality Surges, Spectral Stones, and Twilight Phoenix, I feel like Lab of Spire should def be more doable for more people. Perhaps we shall see more Gold Spire FS now?

Last edited:

Nerwa

I experimented with feeding Twilight whilst boosting through the Laboratory in Spire (ch 7). It wasn't a dramatic improvement over my regular buffs but I was pleased that: The rejuvenation affect happens *between* each wave rather than at the end, and; that 3-wave battles got 2 rejuvenations.

I'm going to try it next week in my ch 3 city, which doesn't have any defensive buffs yet. I don't mind spending a few instants to time-boost through Spire in order to stay within the 12-hour feeding period. I had a couple borderline defeats this week that might have been (pyrrhic) victories with even a small boost for the 2nd wave.

HonuMoana

Is it really necessary to have the slot machine chests take so long? If you're like me, you probably save up the eggs for daily prizes you want to try to obtain. Then, part of your reward is staring at those spinning chests over and over, wondering why your life has become so utterly mundane. I find myself wishing the chests would explode in a fiery conflagration that would roast the extremely slow-moving phoenix chick.

(It's a phoenix. They catch fire. No birds would be harmed.)

Tehya1

So once you finish the quests, will you get daily rewards until the last day? Should I wait to finish the last quest until the last day?

BrinDarby

Twilight desription says after ever battle while fed ...
most ppl have concerned themselves with between waves, But....
since the vitality surge is avail even on a 1 wave fight, And....
Twilight makes no mention........ Then :

Do we get the 5% back before exiting fight screen on a 1 wave fight ?

crackie

Twilight desription says after ever battle while fed ...
most ppl have concerned themselves with between waves, But....
since the vitality surge is avail even on a 1 wave fight, And....
Twilight makes no mention........ Then :

Do we get the 5% back before exiting fight screen on a 1 wave fight ?
% troops back even if you surrender :)

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Figured id post part 1 of my tally for my two cities.

City 1 and city 2, both at same spot, both nearly identically built. Both finished all quests up to yesterdays. (todays is still active). Both had collections around the city grounds done one after the other every time. Both collected the same quest milestone currency rewards. Both the the 100 currency email bonus. - Both did not buy any currency or buy the +2 stash house at the start.

Both cities did full cash in of currency today.

City 1:
5544 currency at start of full cash in today.
Chest bonuses: 500, 50, 150, 100, 500, 100, 150, 100, 100, 100, 150
Chest bonus total: 2000 (I was surprised)
9 relics acquired
281 feathers aquired
58 currency left

City 2:
5536 currency at start of full cash in.
Chest Bonuses: 100, 50, 500, 50, 150, 50
Chest Bonus Total: 900
8 relics acquired
240 feathers acquired
65 currency left.

Comparison
City 1 started with 8 more currency then city 2 (from random drops around the city)
Chest bonuses were the big difference here. City 1 got 2000 and city 2 got 900. Less then half of what city 1 got.
I know its 'random' or a 'percentage chance', i get that. But that huge a difference will cause ... well.. huge differences in what each city will get rewarded with for the exact same effort.

City 1 got the 9 artifacts, the portrait, and is working on the 2nd building (probably wont reach that tho)
City 2 is still just trying to get to 9 artifacts. - Portrait is highly highly highly unlikely. The hope of 2nd building isnt worth the effort of typing this sentence out. -_-

So that is a huge difference. A bit to much of the rewards/compensation is placed into the randomness/luck of getting currency from chests. The fact that you can do everything of the event and still come up short.... is a massive flaw. Its one thing to have some extra nice things at the end to entice some diamond buying, i get that. But this kind of difference means ppl can do everything and still not get the minimum. And thats wrong. - And this happens more often then not in events for my two cities; heavy difference.

Ill update numbers at the end of event (50~h)

Count Rupert

Clearly the problem is Inno doesn't see getting a maxed out building as the minimum. It's one of those extra nice things you reference to entice some diamond buying. Which seems to be the case as the league numbers seem to be higher than they were last event at this point.

Tehya1

I have 5 cities. 4 will have all 9 artifacts, three will have the portrait and two already have a second base. I might get an extra artifact in one that has gotten a lot of essence from chests.

I did get the stash hut in all five cities, but that didn't help the one city that was not lucky with the chests and will be short for the last artifact. Even spending money doesn't guarantee a fully evolved bldg.

Huor

Man, everyone went crazy in this event. I completed the quest lines in both my cities and barely held onto iron in one and bronze in the other. This is also what happens when you win exactly squat event currency from the chests. lol. At least in my baby city, I got a couple of chicken upgrades.