• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Day and night?

DeletedUser

Im very new to this game, and really never played a browser game before. But Im digging this.
Ths may or may not have been brought up before ,but this is my only issue. Would be cool to see day and night. And a feature to rotate buildings and such, so they may ne placed as you wish them instead of being all facing same way. If there is that already, my apologies I have not yet found it. Thanks alot. Peace!

DeletedUser

The idea of day and night, perhaps even seasons, would be nice. But it would require all new graphics/backgrounds and coding to implement. And with so many International players, whose time zone is it set to? I appreciate the idea, many games (including war strategy games by Inno) already implement a day/night feature, many had night attack/defense bonuses or decreases associated with them. Many games did away with those night bonuses/decreases because of outcry from International players... when they were in day time and at work, their cities were in night mode, or vice versa, The same would be true here.

It would be a nice aesthetic addition. But let's get Inno to correct the existing game glitches and balancing issues and stuck quests, and new chapter features... before we ask them to "pretty it up".Also, it could cause an increase i the already heavy Memory usage for older CPU's and graphics cards... that issues seems to be fixed (for now). Let's not make it pop back up again. Having the game cause a crash and memory dump while you are in a battle really sucks eggs. o_O

The idea of being able to rotate builds has been brought up many times, and dismissed many times. For good reason. If you can arrange any way you like change footprints... you remove a good bit of the strategy from the game. It is a City Builder Strategy game or so they claim (in spite of the overbearing emphasis on battle that keeps being increased sequentially...):rolleyes:

Just take your time, learn the game and read the wiki and the forums for a few hundred different perspectives on the best strategy. Have fun, and if you don't like your city, you can always start over on a new world or start a new account on your existing world and try a new approach. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The idea of day and night, perhaps even seasons, would be nice. But it would require all new graphics/backgrounds and coding to implement. And with so many International players, whose time zone is it set to? I appreciate the idea, many games (including war strategy games by Inno) already implement a day/night feature, many had night attack/defense bonuses or decreases associated with them. Many games did away with those night bonuses/decreases because of outcry from International players... when they were in day time and at work, their cities were in night mode, or vice versa, The same would be true here.

It would be a nice aesthetic addition. But let's get Inno to correct the existing game glitches and balancing issues and stuck quests, and new chapter features... before we ask them to "pretty it up".Also, it could cause an increase i the already heavy Memory usage for older CPU's and graphics cards... that issues seems to be fixed (for now). Let's not make it pop back up again. Having the game cause a crash and memory dump while you are in a battle really sucks eggs. o_O

The idea of being able to rotate builds has been brought up many times, and dismissed many times. For good reason. If you can arrange any way you like change footprints... you remove a good bit of the strategy from the game. It is a City Builder Strategy game or so they claim (in spite of the overbearing emphasis on battle that keeps being increased sequentially...):rolleyes:

Just take your time, learn the game and read the wiki and the blogs for a few hundred different perspectives on the best strategy. Have fun, and if you don't like your city, you can always start over on a new world or start a new account on your existing world and try a new approach. :)

Yeah, you do have a point. And really since the game just runs off of ones system and Adobe Flash...not to mention just in browser..Im not a computer genius, but I would think since its not a download, or on a disc..it would be very limited. I do enjoy the city building a lot. And was into a few of the Sim City games on disc a few moons ago. Which is why I was asking about being able to rotate and choose your footprint. But if not, the change from day to night. The maybe a compromise. To have the option to set your city to day or night as you choose. Just a thought. Thanks for your insight.

DeletedUser9174

After looking through several posts... I found this one and wanted to place my two cents on it as well...

If they, creators of Elvenar, could use the same "program" as they use for Greopolis, then we could have a night and day effect. Keep the day the same, maybe increase the sun and shade effect, moving clouds, maybe rain in the back ground. And for the night, follow the basic time of those who play in which country, (e.g. India is 12 hours difference from where I live, so if they are in Daytime, I would be in night), light up the buildings, create a new culture that is a lamp post, adjust the AWs to where they shine a bit dimly at night. And maybe possibly, zoom in on the streets and buildings a bit closer that what we can do now, (actually see the detail a bit better) And zoom out to where you can see the entire vally area... and like with every new race, have like little towns or settlements pop up in the lower valley with lights and smoke during the night and day. Even have the actual "sun" move across the screen to where you have dusk and dawn... create shadowing effect on everything... expand out the horizon, and have the sun and moon available... throw in a few stars... make it seem more real.... These are my thoughts on it... probably others have thought about it as well. They show all these different graphics when promoting the game, (which is misleading), why not increase the graphic effect in the actual game.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
After looking through several posts... I found this one and wanted to place my two cents on it as well...

If they, creators of Elvenar, could use the same "program" as they use for Greopolis, then we could have a night and day effect. Keep the day the same, maybe increase the sun and shade effect, moving clouds, maybe rain in the back ground. And for the night, follow the basic time of those who play in which country, (e.g. India is 12 hours difference from where I live, so if they are in Daytime, I would be in night), light up the buildings, create a new culture that is a lamp post, adjust the AWs to where they shine a bit dimly at night. And maybe possibly, zoom in on the streets and buildings a bit closer that what we can do now, (actually see the detail a bit better) And zoom out to where you can see the entire vally area... and like with every new race, have like little towns or settlements pop up in the lower valley with lights and smoke during the night and day. Even have the actual "sun" move across the screen to where you have dusk and dawn... create shadowing effect on everything... expand out the horizon, and have the sun and moon available... throw in a few stars... make it seem more real.... These are my thoughts on it... probably others have thought about it as well. They show all these different graphics when promoting the game, (which is misleading), why not increase the graphic effect in the actual game.

The best part of that would be when you are doing visits and every city takes twenty minutes to load.