• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Days of Music

DeletedUser12171

Because having emotionally invested themselves in a game, individual players have zero control over the decisions of the developers and how those will affect us. That's about as close as you can come to defining "at the mercy of," barring only the ideal of forgiveness being involved.

I don't think, strictly speaking, there's any game that exists that doesn't function this way

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not sure why that constitutes players being at the mercy of designers
That said,
I don't think, strictly speaking, there's any game that exists that doesn't function this way
Dewayne never said otherwise. Players being at the mercy of developers is pretty much the standard for all games. That doesn't change his points that 1) our control over our cities is illusory, and 2) that lack of real control leads to frustrations. This is why we are at the mercy of designers in all games.

DeletedUser12171

That said,
Dewayne never said otherwise. Players being at the mercy of developers is pretty much the standard for all games. That doesn't change his points that 1) our control over our cities is illusory, and 2) that lack of real control leads to frustrations. This is why we are at the mercy of designers in all games.

sounds like a pretty depressing outlook on what's supposed to be entertainment; I'm happy that I don't feel that way towards the game

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
sounds like a pretty depressing outlook on what's supposed to be entertainment; I'm happy that I don't feel that way towards the game

Optimists: Either they're right, or everything works out badly and they're disappointed. 50/50 win/lose
Pessimists: Either they're right, or everything works out well. No lose.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Pessimists: Either they're right, or everything works out well. No lose.
If a pessimist is right, do they really win? I mean I guess they could win an argument because they were right, but that doesn't feel like a gain to me.

"I think if I ask out this girl she will shoot me down."
*asks out girl, gets shot down*
"I win!"
:D

Edit: I know you meant that at worst a pessimist is not surprised, whereas an optimist potentially can be wrong and therefore more disappointed, but my interpretation was funnier.

DeletedUser3122

You can stop your city's progress at halflings if you don't want to build elemental stuff

Might as well say quit the game, after having invested more than 2 years in it, including actual money.

I've played countless games over the decades, and development teams usually seek input from players, and actually act on that input because they don't want to lose a player base or revenue. Inno does this to some small degree, like "you've been asking for the ability to upgrade prize buildings for X number of years, and we're finally delivering" after X number of people had already given up and quit. But there were loads of complaints about them requiring non-boosted buildings and the reasons why people didn't want them, and it fell on deaf ears. If they had good reasons for requiring non-boosted, I didn't ever hear a logical argument or some sort of offset to help us take the blow to years of boosted only city strategy.

The way things are, there's beta but is it really beta to get input? Sure maybe some, like, gee, if you require players to put KP in another players AW and you make it possible to do this quest on mobile, that will be a game stopper. So they changed it. But other than that? I haven't seen a lot of responsiveness from Inno.

DeletedUser12171

boosted only city strategy.

So, I see thru elvenstats that your boosts are steel scroll and dust. Your T4 boost would be tree gum. I suppose you built only steel, scroll and dust manus up to halflings. To keep to a boosted-only strat for elementals, just build planks manus

DeletedUser12171

I finished this event 2 days ago. It was doable. Imo there was a good mix of easy and challenging tasks to give a balanced difficulty.

I liked the time instants, but used them mostly to speed up completing event tasks, so apart from the event building, don't really have any prizes leftover

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12171

If a pessimist is right, do they really win? I mean I guess they could win an argument because they were right, but that doesn't feel like a gain to me.

"I think if I ask out this girl she will shoot me down."
*asks out girl, gets shot down*
"I win!"
:D

Edit: I know you meant that at worst a pessimist is not surprised, whereas an optimist potentially can be wrong and therefore more disappointed, but my interpretation was funnier.
I think I'd rather be occasionally disappointed than perpetually dour, but to each his own

DeletedUser3122

It might feel depressing to you when someone points out flaws. Game development needs criticism to make a better game. I don't view criticism as depressing nor negative.

So, I see thru elvenstats that your boosts are steel scroll and dust. Your T4 boost would be tree gum. I suppose you built only steel, scroll and dust manus up to halflings. To keep to a boosted-only strat for elementals, just build planks manus

I'm finished with Elemental chapter. I don't need a strategy. I have a huge field of Lvl 1 factories & workshops for events or quests since I deleted all the Elemental buildings. I'm unable to earn anymore land, I've maxed that out. So when (if!) the next chapter comes, I'm not sure I'll have enough land to build the guest race structures. The fact I have 2 fully upgraded T4s (planks for the tree gum), that's a huge land sink. I used to have 3 but deleted the 3rd. Plus I didn't fully upgrade my T1s because I like the 24 & 48 hour times to produce badges in Fellowship Adventures, but made extra lvl 1 T1s to boot. I was Archmage of that FS for well over a year (I started the FS) and turned it over to new blood, but have seen members in our FS struggle with these issues, helped them a lot with issues too. So when I write anything about my perspective, it is from experience.

Because I have a field of extra buildings, and planned 2 days in advance, I finished the last questline the day it came out.

DeletedUser17094

As originally thought, there will be no way for me, and I suspect many others to complete this event. I originally posted and maintain that timeline and task completion were set beyond the reach of many (I am on a lot!!!). I hope that future events will be tempered slightly downward to make them more attainable.

DeletedUser

As originally thought, there will be no way for me, and I suspect many others to complete this event. I originally posted and maintain that timeline and task completion were set beyond the reach of many (I am on a lot!!!). I hope that future events will be tempered slightly downward to make them more attainable.

What are you having a problem with? My friend's city is in the middle of Chapter 2, and he finished two days ago.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm not sure what the problem is either.
In my wife's case, it is primarily an unwillingness to tear things apart to quickly recover from the nerf. Even after the free magic residence and a couple of months, She's still at -363 pop. She didn't have any non-boosted buildings lying around so got stuck at Step 19 when she couldn't add them.
upload_2018-6-16_20-56-8.png