• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dead Neighbors/Cities...ad infinitum

Tortolian Wizard

So; is it actually possible to flag an obviously deceased account,especially those wherein the player has officially signed-off or made it obvious via their city title so that we don't mistakenly invite or polish or send notes to?:oops: I mean,it's not bad enough being surrounded by non playing and never responding or reciprocating sorts but they rarely get removed but I've been relocated several times...not enough employees :human: or checking bots or what? :rolleyes: innovate - innogame! :coin:

OIM20

Obviously dead cities like these?
Retired 1.jpg Retired 2.jpg Retired 3.jpg Retired 4.jpg

I assume you mean that you'd like them to not be in your neighborhood? There are numerous explanations of how "Move-in Mondays" work, but basically, before Inno can move a city toward the center or away from it, there has to be an open spot with the exact same parameters as the one the city is in. So where the "dead city" has as its surrounding provinces, starting at the "noon" position and moving clockwise: :scroll:, :gem:, :magicdust:, :crystal:, :plank:, :marble: - Inno's program has to find an exact matching spot so the city labeled "Not Playing" (or any like of the above images; that labeled city is on another world than the screens) can be moved to Coin Shackville (or whatever you want to call it: Stump City, Move Out Mesa....).

There have been other threads with various questions about city movement, but since this is the suggestions subforum, what is your suggestion about how to resolve the issue as you see it?

Before you answer, consider the following information provided by our Community Liaison/Moderator, @helya:
This has been running every Monday for a while now. It only does a certain section of the World map at a time, and only moves cities if there's a spot with identical boosts.

Any time you see a player here complaining about being moved it's because inactive cities were moved out to the edges, and they were moved in towards the center.
This is inaccurate. Players that have purchased Diamonds will not be deleted for a while, but because of data laws, they will still be deleted because we can only legally store data for a certain length of time. Players that did not purchase Diamonds are eligible for deletion as early as 30 days of inactivity, even if they have Diamonds left in their account.
After chapter 3 it doesn't happen as quickly, but these cities can still be deleted for inactivity, it's just many months rather than weeks. It's a tiered system, but always starts with new inactives.
Players that bought Diamonds can sit on the map for longer than players that didn't. And these cities may belong to somebody who also plays actively in another world. 30 days is the soonest a city becomes eligible for deletion, but not all inactive cities will become eligible at that time depending on level and other factors.

Some cities that appear to be inactive aren't. We have a lot of players that still log in even if they do not upgrade any buildings to make their score change.
I've added emphasis to a part of that last one. I imagine logging in is one of the parameters Inno's logorithm uses to determine where to place a city on the movement lists (toward the center, or toward the edge).

On another note, since you asked about not enough employees: https://recruit.innogames.de/onyx/us/

Grid Gypsy

There's a city in my neighborhood that's been listed as "not playing" for about six months now. For the last two weeks they've been returning visits daily with the same thing still in their city name. lol

Even though you don't get return visits from those dead cities, you can still make gold off of them daily. For that matter, I have a plethora of neighbors that are very active, yet they don't return visits any more than the dead cities do. I still make money off of them every 24 hours though, somewhere around a quarter to a third of my daily coin intake when added together, so I continue to visit them.