• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dead world?

• Thread starter DeletedUser2870
  • Start date

DeletedUser2870

How strange. This world may be populated, but it seems like it's trying to win the worldchapionships of not being active.
- Therre's hardly any trade going on. Less then 4 pages for the whole world, and half of that is by the fellowship I'm in
- Hardly any active players on the forum it would seem
- Hardly any active players in the neighbourhood.

Have I landed in a dead world? or a world of mutes?

DeletedUser627

If you have 2 pages of non- fellowship trades listed, this is more than average. And your Trader doesn't represent the whole world - only the segment within a defined range of your city.

Even players with 250-300 discovered cities only have 2-5 active neighbors. Elcysnadir is a newer world - so there are only a handful of Fairy players - but the distribution looks pretty similar to the other worlds.

DeletedUser2870

Is that so? I started the game playing on the dutch server (since I'm at the moment still in the Netherlands). Only one world there, but it's a very rare day that there aren't at least 10 pages of trades up, mostly somewhere between 15 and 20. On some days even up to 30.
Btw, the other players in my fellowship seem to see the same amount of trades, even though we're spread out all over the map, so it can't be much different all over.

On the dutch server I've discovered (and freed) around 230 provinces. I only have 13 other villages on my map there, 5 of whom are active, since non-active players are being wiped from the map almost weekly. So even with a very much reduced population, there seems to be much more trade there. Though staring at an empty map like that is depressing. I prefer the non-active cities to remain there so one can at least give the help and make some money out of them. Empty spaces do no good at all and it;s been like that since at least februari.

And of course, if it is a young world, one would expect somemore people to look in on the forum, but like I said, it seems to be pretty dead for this world as well.

DeletedUser3434

I work 10 hr days I gets to it when I gets to it.

Now I am trying to upgrade my house from level 7. It keeps saying I have to research. I go to research but it doesn't tell me what to research. Stumped. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Have a look at everything required to upgrade. Maybe you need a builder? maybe you need a bigger space? more people?

DeletedUser2753

How strange. This world may be populated, but it seems like it's trying to win the worldchapionships of not being active.

I joined Elcysandir 4 days ago to document scores in relationship to time and what is required to reach an average lvl 3 and to be exempt from a Purge. I landed at the edge of a purged area, replacing a goldmine. Above me was 90% blank, below me 100% players and I can say the more pre-purge players you have in range the fewer trades there will be since as you said 90% of pre-purge players are dead. Being in a cleared area results in a wider area with more remaining active players. As you said about 25 to 30% of players remain after a purge with maybe a third of those active at best, 10 % more like 5%. If the number of potential traders is a number like 200, not a distance range then you will have a higher percent active 1 in 3 to 1 in 5 after a purge versus 1/10 to 1/20. The result is your out of discovered area trades jumps from maybe 1 page to 12 pages full. This happened to me in Winyandar after a purge and I see it now in Elcysandir.
see https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/neighbor-removal.2778/page-5

DeletedUser1094

There are more dead players who really needs to be deleted but the game owners will not because it will really show active players that there are really less than 20 players in this world playing.

Shellizzie

Apparently it is the newest world so there seems to be not as many active players. But there are good fellowships that make it better. Or at least easier!

DeletedUser2191

I don't play on this world, my main city is in Felyndral and my baby city is in Winyandor.

For my main city where I am on the world map, it is basically a dead world. I have gold mines that are 3 months old and counting. Looking beyond my discovered provinces/ cities isn't much better looking. There is a lot of open space without a city. The undiscovered cities will be questionable on activeness until such time as they become discovered.

I wouldn't use the trader as a basis for determining how alive a world is. 7.5 pages is approximately 80 trades. My main city alone has approximately 80 discovered cities. I'm out as far as ring 8 on the world map and the trader has a range of 200 closest neighbours (gold mines not counted). My main city alone with 1 trade from each discovered city would equal 7.5 pages. I don't think that 80 different people can consider a world as being active in relation to the total world population. There are undeveloped dead cities, unpurgeable dead cities and gold mines to factor into the equation also.

DeletedUser4138

I play in this world. New to the game. When I am not sure about something I look it up in the rules. I have slowly been building my city and learning more and more about how to play the game. I have seen dead cities being purged recently and you are given some coins. If you got to the point where you have to do research pay attention to what you have to do. You might have to and more likely will have to take care of other things in the research area before getting to what ever it is you have to research. The more you do it the clearer it becomes what you have to do. This game takes a lot of patiences. I'd like to see less time given to training the warriors because there is a lot of time just sitting around waiting to update your city. More fighting helps break up the waiting time. The only way this can happen is if you lessen the training time and get your warriors out there fighting. Also help your neighbors and in return they need to help you when visiting their cities.

DeletedUser3040

Felyndral - Gold mines for days. Can't wait to be moved.
Khelonaar - Lots of active-ish newer players and a bunch who've been around for a bit and help regularly.

dikke ikke

I am also on felyndral, sometimes there are some goldmines for a day or 2, but most of the timed it is filled with new players. I conquered 165 provinces and in that area are around 10 very active players, we do trades, I see them on the tournaments, it seems that it depends on where your city is located

DeletedUser4053

I think it's newer. We have a new but active fellowship working hard. The trader runs from 2 - 13 pages when I check it, which is several times a day. Am hoping the latest purge gets more active people around me. And there seems to be a lots of steel and scrolls.

DeletedUser3823

- Therre's hardly any trade going on. Less then 4 pages for the whole world, and half of that is by the fellowship I'm in
- Hardly any active players on the forum it would seem
- Hardly any active players in the neighbourhood.

Have I landed in a dead world? or a world of mutes?
I'm there too. The group I'm in is very helpful, but not a lot of them talk. Neighbors, well that's another story. I have over 2 pages of them, and I help everyone of them every day. Out of about 25-30 I get about 15 that help me. Maybe less. I don't know what the other Worlds are like, but I'm going to find out soon. I need to venture out so I have more to do. This game is pretty much a "waiting" game. Very slow going. I need more excitement.

DeletedUser4615

Great I just started, this is not looking to good. Was hoping to be in a more active place.

DeletedUser4355

I visit every morning to all people who visited me , themn to all felloship member, then to all whom I discovered on map !!1 I play in winyandor and I found most of the players are very active in this world

DeletedUser3297

If you are not in an active area of the map, don't worry. The active players are being moved closer to the center while the inactives are being replaced with new players. There are also inactive cities that are too far advanced to be deleted, but those are soon to be moved to the outside edges of the map, and if those players ever become active again, then they can also be moved closer to the center again.

Soon everyone will have a lot of active players all around! My village in Winyandor is now surrounded by active players and we all visit each other. Now when I post a trade there, it gets grabbed really quick. :)

Find a good fellowship to join. One that that is balancing their goods production and that has players around your same rank would be ideal. That way you will be able to trade with them and never run out of goods! You will also be able to help each other out and grow together as a fellowship.