• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Decisions, Decisions

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have enough artifacts to fully evolve all of the following:

Fairy Queen Retreat
Everblossom Sleigh
Glory of the Nimble
Watchful Winter Owl
Coldfire Phoenix
Gingerbread Mansion
Stonehenge

Trouble is, I only have room for two of them. Which two would you pick? (I'm in Chapter 17, in case that helps, and the bases are either from that chapter or can be easily upgraded to it.)

THANK YOU for helping me to decide!

StarLoad

From a beauty standpoint the WWO and GotN win hands down IMO

From a use stand point I have no idea what would work best in your city

Ed

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Stonehenge is a great one to have out, but be aware that it is like the Phoenix and some of the Bears and collects every 48 hours, not every 24. But what it gives is still worth it to me in my main city.

But you can always go to elvenarchitect and look at each one for what each gives. Just make sure to set it to level 10 or you will not see the correct rewards.

Save your Glory of the Nimble artifacts and make a new base when you get to chapter 18 because I think it can give tier 1 ascended goods at that point. It can for me in chapter 20, but not sure if the switch happens in chapter 18 or 19.

Darielle

Stonehenge is a great one to have out, but be aware that it is like the Phoenix and some of the Bears and collects every 48 hours, not every 24. But what it gives is still worth it to me in my main city.

But you can always go to elvenarchitect and look at each one for what each gives. Just make sure to set it to level 10 or you will not see the correct rewards.

Save your Glory of the Nimble artifacts and make a new base when you get to chapter 18 because I think it can give tier 1 ascended goods at that point. It can for me in chapter 20, but not sure if the switch happens in chapter 18 or 19.
Thanks, I guess I should go to elvenarchitect.

Huor

Out of all those, I have the fairy retreat out. I like it for the t2, Even though my picture shows seeds, mine is currently producing mana. I don't know if I will upgrade it, or leave it on mana duty.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-12 10.18.59 PM-1.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-10-12 10.18.59 PM-1.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:

Darielle

Out of all those, I have the fairy retreat out. I like it for the t2, Even though my picture shows seeds, mine is currently producing mana. I don't know if I will upgrade it, or leave it on mana duty.
Thanks, Huor. Hmm ... I could always use more seeds ... I have to check it out on elvenarchitect. :)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Darielle Are you sure you only have room to place 2 of them? Have you considered deleting some of your existing mana or seed producers to make addition room for these evolving buildings? In many cases you would come out ahead with the evolving buildings. For example: a fully evolved Stonehenge will produce nearly as much mana in 48 hours as a Lava Egg of the same level. But the Stonehenge is also giving seeds, population, and knowledge points. They are the exact same size, so you are better off deleting a Lava Egg to place a stage 10 Stonehenge. A Watchfull Winter Owl is also going to make more mana in 48 hours than a Lava Egg. And the WWO is going to give population and sentient goods. A stage 10 Queen Fairy Retreat is giving more seeds than a Festival Merchant of the same level. But the QFR is also giving population, goods, and AW knowledge spells daily. You could free 75% of the space needed to place a QFR by deleting 1 Festival Merchant and will come out ahead on seed production. As far as Gingerbread Mansion, the daily output of it is going to be fairly close to what the daily output of a max level tier 2 boosted manufactory is. But the Gingerbread Mansion is going to take up less space than a high level T2 manufactory. And it will be providing population, while a high level T2 manufactory is going to require a HUGE amount of pop. So you might be able to make room for Gingerbread by teleporting a T2 manufactory out of the game and come out ahead.

I guess what I am saying is, don't just look at the available space in your city. Look at the buildings you have making stuff in your city right now and make sure you would not be better off placing a fully evolved building in their place. Because in my experience, not much beats a stage 10 evolving building on a square for square basis when it comes to overall efficiency.

But of the evolving buildings you list, I would put Coldfire Phoenix in last place. I have every other building on the list in my city. But I have not placed Coldfire Phoenix. It is just not that good. I would say it is a toss up between it and Valentine Float for the least efficient evolving building ever.

Last edited:

Darielle

Thank you both, Ihrlaen and Henroo. I'm considering space very carefully now. I've placed the Queen's Fairy Retreat, since everyone has mentioned how good it is, and I agree. I'm going to see whether I can squeeze two more in instead of one more. You're right, there are a lot of decisions to make. Thanks for the help!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Darielle I loaded your city on Elvenarchitect and looked at it. You have multiple Festival Merchants making seeds. Queen Fairy Retreat, Stonehenge, and Everblossom Sleigh will all give seeds. If you deleted 4 Festival Merchants you would have room to place all 3 of these evolving buildings. It would be exactly space neutral. But I think you would come out WAY ahead on population and other stuff. You might want to run the numbers on this and see what you think.

Darielle

@Darielle I loaded your city on Elvenarchitect and looked at it. You have multiple Festival Merchants making seeds. Queen Fairy Retreat, Stonehenge, and Everblossom Sleigh will all give seeds. If you deleted 4 Festival Merchants you would have room to place all 3 of these evolving buildings. It would be exactly space neutral. But I think you would come out WAY ahead on population and other stuff. You might want to run the numbers on this and see what you think.
I'll check it out later today when I am home. Thanks!

Darielle

I've calculated the evolving buildings and figured that I'll stick with my festival merchants for now. I'm a very heavy user of seeds, so I need all I can get (I actually cut down on Festival Merchants for the recent FA, and have not added them back, so I'm used to having 2x as many as I do now.) I did add the Fairy Queen's Retreat, though, since that's a very good seed producer.

The Stonehenge is dismal on seeds, only about 95 per hour for a 4x4 building. I get 132 per hour from my FMs and they only have a 12 square footprint as opposed to 16 squares. The Everblossom sleigh is almost as good as a Festival Merchant, but again, I'd be using 16 squares to get "almost" as much as I can get in 12 squares with an FM. If I needed the other things the evolving buildings provided, it would be different, but I don't. The coins, supplies, and basic goods would just add to the amounts I already buy from the wholesaler each day,... I always have a ton of excess coins and supplies. I don't have to worry about FMs taking population or anything, since they don't. I'll stick with them.

Thanks so much, everyone, for helping me decide on the Queen Retreat. That thing is awesome! :)

Darielle

While not dismal it does fill more every 24 hours and since I mostly collect 1 time a day it works better for me

Ed
Stonehenge is a 48 hour building, unless I misread it on Elven architect.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I just released mine; confirmed at 48 hours. I love how this EB looks, and will keep it out until the time change or maybe winter solstice.