• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Declineable Quests

WolfSinger

Is anyone else having an issue with the declineable quests not updating and just growing longer and longer.

I just went through all of my declinable quests and from a single starting point cycling through back to that same quest I have 73 total quests. This seems a bit extreme and makes it difficult to rotate them to take best advantage of the quests as I'm playing.

Here are the ones I have and in the order they came up:

2 Copper Buckles
1 Mage Journal + 8000 supplies
1 Workshop to lvl 6 or higher
1 Mage Journal + 16000 supplies
1 Giant Globe + 16000 supplies
50 Sorceress II
1 Residence to lvl 6 or higher
1 Manufactory to lvl 6 or higher
1 Building to lvl 6 or higher
1200 Steel
4000 Steel
Produce Bread 8 times
Produce Bread 8 times
Gain 4 Relics
500 Units
Workshop to lvl 11 or higher
4 Encounters
200k Coins + 2 Advanced Tools
Boosted Manufactory to lvl 11 or higher
Manufactory to lvl 11 or higher
6 Advanced Tools
Fight and Win in 3 Encounters
16000 Supplies
Complete a province
150 Sorceress
1 Firework +16000 supplies
600 Magic Dust
120k coins + 2 Advanced Tools
4000 Magic Dust
Spend 12 Knowledge Points
Research 1 Tech
6 Copper Coins
900 Scrolls
4000 Scrolls
1 Boosted Manufatory to lvl 6 or higher
1 Dwarven Statue
8000 granite
6 Advanced Tools
1 Residence to lvl 11 or higher
8000 Supplies
1 Building to lvl 11 or higher
100 Population
1 Firework + 8000 supplies
200 Units
1 Manufatory to lvl 11 or higher
8 x Bread
200k coins + 2 Advanced Tools
1 Building to lvl 11 or higher
1 Workshop to lvl 11 or higher
1 Residence to lvl 11 or higher
1 Boosted Manufatory to lvl 11 or higher
4 Relics
Complete a Province
150 Sorceress
4 Encounters
6 Advanced Tools
16000 Supplies
500 Units
Research 1 Tech
4000 Scrolls
4000 Magic Dust
1 Giant Globe + 16000 Supplies
1 Mage Journal + 16000 Supplies
10 Beverages + 2 Bread
4000 Steel
1 Firework + 16000 Supplies
4 Relics
Complete A Province
4 Encounters
1 Giant Globe + 8000 supplies

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I have the same problem - but even odder, some of the same Quests come up twice in a cycle.
It is almost as though there are 2 separate cycles!
I often do the 2 Advanced Tools + 200 000 Coins Quest
Last night I counted how many were in a cycle.
From Advanced Tools to advanced Tools was 10 cycles first time, but the next time 42!
That is how it has been going for weeks: One cycle of 10, followed by one of 42, over and over.

It is really too many!
I am playing another game at a lower level and there are 20 Quests in a cycle - and that is a nice comfortable number.

I have not kept detailed notes of the ones that repeat, but definitely Silk, 12 KP and Adv. Tools appear twice.

Could one of the Moderators please explain what is happening?

WolfSinger

I have that one twice also - right now they are 30 apart from each other.

I put all mine on a spread sheet and sorted them and found that 29 of the 73 are duplicates - now some of those have different rewards I didn't record the rewards for each one - just what was required to complete.

Here they are in name order so the duplicates can be more easily seen:

1 Dwarven Statue
1 Firework + 16000 Supplies
1 Firework + 16000 supplies
1 Firework + 8000 supplies
1 Giant Globe + 16000 supplies
1 Giant Globe + 16000 Supplies
1 Giant Globe + 8000 supplies
1 Mage Journal + 16000 supplies
1 Mage Journal + 16000 Supplies
1 Mage Journal + 8000 supplies
10 Beverages + 2 Bread
100 Population
1200 Steel
120k coins + 2 Advanced Tools
150 Sorceress
150 Sorceress
16000 Supplies
16000 Supplies
2 Copper Buckles
200 Units
200k Coins + 2 Advanced Tools
200k coins + 2 Advanced Tools
4 Encounters
4 Encounters
4 Encounters
4000 Magic Dust
4000 Magic Dust
4000 Scrolls
4000 Scrolls
4000 Steel
4000 Steel
50 Sorceress II
500 Units
500 Units
6 Advanced Tools
6 Advanced Tools
6 Advanced Tools
6 Copper Coins
600 Magic Dust
8000 granite
8000 Supplies
900 Scrolls
Boosted Manufactory to lvl 11 or higher
Boosted Manufatory to lvl 11 or higher
Boosted Manufatory to lvl 6 or higher
Building to lvl 11 or higher
Building to lvl 11 or higher
Building to lvl 6 or higher
Complete a province
Complete a Province
Complete A Province
Gain 4 Relics
Gain 4 Relics
Gain 4 Relics
Manufactory to lvl 6 or higher
Produce Bread 8 times
Produce Bread 8 times
Produce Bread 8 times
Research 1 Tech
Research 1 Tech
Residence to lvl 11 or higher
Residence to lvl 11 or higher
Residence to lvl 6 or higher
Workshop to lvl 6 or higher

Deleted User - 107391

Oh, my. I'm luckier than I thought. I don't get demands for less than 16000 for supplies or 4000 for goods.

WolfSinger

I like the lower demands as the rewards add to more that what you get for the higher demand ones.

for example - the 8000 supplies rewards 70k in coins while the 16k supplies rewards 100k in coins. When the number of declineable quests was manageable - that meant I got 140k coins for collecting 16k supplies.

Same thing with the goods - pulling the smaller demands one gives better rewards - especially on the supply rewards.

DeletedUser627

I can think of two possibilities:

A definite bug.

One Icon is for declinables, the other for non-declinables. You know they switch positions - sometimes one on top sometimes the other...Also, the declinables can vary in order - I have the same quests over and over, but the order isn't always identical.

WolfSinger

I can think of two possibilities:

A definite bug.

One Icon is for declinables, the other for non-declinables. You know they switch positions - sometimes one on top sometimes the other...Also, the declinables can vary in order - I have the same quests over and over, but the order isn't always identical.

I know they switch positions - it happens when you complete a non-declineable and the declineable moves up when the new non-declineble is added. If you leave and come back they are in the normal positions.

The only time I have had a change to the order is when we have ONLY the declineable quests and I hold one while looking for a complimentary one to have up at the same time. Other than that they pretty much have stayed in the same order for me. Like having two of the 8 bread quests up at the same time in order to grab the reward off both for the same supply collection.

DeletedUser723

It is almost as though when you level up through a non-declinable, the declinable list isn't changing, just doubling. Or does Inno want to find a new way to stop us rotating quests? remember, they didn't like that and tried to make both quests non-declinable back in the autumn.

WolfSinger: how are you getting copper quests when you have already moved to fairies? Didn't you have to delete the portal for storing copper? That seems like a careless Inno mistake they need to review.

WolfSinger

@bobbipiazza - no problem - it is very weird. I took the time to go through them again making notes on the reward given and I noticed that of the 3 produce 8 bread quests I have in the rotation 2 have the same reward and the other has a slightly smaller reward.

@cassandrailium - yeah - I deleted the Dwarven portal when it was a non-declineable quest but never lost the Dwarven quests

Deleted User - 107391

I like the lower demands as the rewards add to more that what you get for the higher demand ones.

Oh I get your point. But I wouldn't be happy leafing through that many quests.

...I deleted the Dwarven portal when it was a non-declineable quest but never lost the Dwarven quests
Huh. Mine was not a non-declineable, I chose not to do it right then, and it never came back.

Frankly, I think they're in kind of a mess with the quests right now. I suspect that's what's slowing down my computer, and they seem now to be in random order whereas they were always in exactly the same order 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser723

Loved bobbipiazza's commentary on the confirmed bug in beta:

"I was being light-hearted, Muf-Muf...but if you insist we'll go there. Would I choose 75 cents, or millions of supplies gained while waiting on a bug fix? No contest, especially considering that I'm losing 160 x 11k supplies due to a malfunctioning Quest - which support said couldn't be duplicated."

I don't understand how beta could confirm it as a bug, but people in US worlds are told it is not? I know another player who has made several reports and only unsatisfactory responses. Maybe she needs to ask for diamonds? ;)

I have the same problem - but even odder, some of the same Quests come up twice in a cycle.
It is almost as though there are 2 separate cycles!
I often do the 2 Advanced Tools + 200 000 Coins Quest
Last night I counted how many were in a cycle.
From Advanced Tools to advanced Tools was 10 cycles first time, but the next time 42!
That is how it has been going for weeks: One cycle of 10, followed by one of 42, over and over.
a
It is really too many!
I am playing another game at a lower level and there are 20 Quests in a cycle - and that is a nice comfortable number.

I have not kept detailed notes of the ones that repeat, but definitely Silk, 12 KP and Adv. Tools appear twice.

Could one of the Moderators please explain what is happening?

I feel like the first cycle isn't being replaced by the second when you reach the start of the next cycle. Now they are intertwined. It certainly slows the game down.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfSinger

It would be nice if the wiki provided a list of the side quests for each chapter. That would make it so much easier to see which ones have hung on from other chapters. I did see in the release notes that the Dwarven specific quests are supposed to go away with the update tomorrow (4/13) - so hopefully that will clear out some of the excess quests as well.

Will be sad to see some of my lower demand quests vanish - if they do but will still be nice to reduce the number I have to 'scroll' through to get to something useful.

DeletedUser627

Nothing makes me more nervous herein than changes to Quests - I'm shakin' in my boots at the thought. At every turn quests function as a sort of "Revenge of the Developers" - pun intended!

Quests are supposed to be a means of "leading and guiding" - oh yeah, baby - if Highway to Hell is our guiding light. And when they overlook some little living thing in the napalmed Questscape and we figure out how to make gold from straw, we'd better work for the night is coming. With a buffalo plaid and trinkets...

My Cassandra word is "beware developers bearing Quest changes". Hopefully this thread will be full of posts tomorrow laughing at how paranoid I've become...oh, p-lease throw me in that briar patch! It would be so much more entertaining to spend time here writing stanzas of "Inno: How Great Thou Art".

DeletedUser43

If it is the same update we had on beta a little while ago, then nothing much changes. But again, we will see.

WolfSinger

Looks like I only lost FOUR quests with the update this morning - the ones that required copper or granite. All of the others remain - in the same order - so a total of 69 declineable quests now.