• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

delete

Zoof

I have a question about the prizes from the spire. Today, when I reached the door where the frog is, I got a Magic Residence after winning the chest. One of my fellowship friends said that was wrong and that I should have been given a Magical Workshop and not a Magic Residence. Can you tell me if my friend is correct? Or are Magic Residences also a possible prize in the Spire?
Thanks!

It's possible to get a Magic Residence and a Magic Workshop from Spire. They've each got a 5% drop rate on the first, and second floor boss, respectively.

(Dis)honorable mentions for the third floor boss, though. That one is usually nothing but disappointment. Though the diamonds you'll sometimes get from the overgrown Geodude is pretty okay.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Ed is correct. What is shown as the possible prizes in a chest are the only things that can come from that chest. So the residence can only come from the 1st floor boss and the workshop only from the 2nd floor boss. Of course, that does not prevent glitches from happening.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
It's possible to get a Magic Residence and a Magic Workshop from Spire. They've each got a 5% drop rate on the first, and second floor boss, respectively.

(Dis)honorable mentions for the third floor boss, though. That one is usually nothing but disappointment. Though the diamonds you'll sometimes get from the overgrown Geodude is pretty okay.
5% is the correct drop rate for magic workshops at the 2nd floor boss. However the drop rate for magic residences on the first floor is actually 10%.

Zoof

oh geez, there's math and rationale to it? i like to pretend it's random.
Ehh, it's less math/rationale and more like the game tells you what your odds are when you hover over the chest, pining for the glory that is held within.

Though in the end, it's not like it matters all that much since the decision, if you were to apply the maths to it, is only the difference between Ghostbustering the spirits out of your way, or deciding it's not worth the resources. And for some of us, the thought of not bringing extra proton packs to blast them and then suck 'em all up is simply unthinkable. Your mileage may vary.

On the other tentacle hand, one could use those numbers to compare how many Spires you did, see how many Magic Whatevers you got, then compare them to other people in order to feel like you got lucky or to feel unclean at the thought that RNG did the dirty to you.

On that point. my two cities are slightly ahead of the curve despite some hiccups related to not being in a 10 chest fellowship at the time I got some of them.